Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

installation issue world adventures

View previous topic View next topic Go down

installation issue world adventures Empty installation issue world adventures

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 19:25

hey everyone, 
so, first of all, i'm new to this, so please be patient with me Wink 

this is the first time i downloaded a game with expansion packs to install, but when i found that it is possible to have sims3+expansions, i just had to give it a go, so i downloaded the full game plus allmost all expansions and quite a few stuff-packs from games4theworld.com thanks guys, brilliant work.
then i checked for the "how to install everything perfectly" guide and so i installed the main game (with some error messages that files are corrupted for some reason, but it still finished) then i did as i was told and ignored the crack. downloaded the newest update, installed that, and started the installation of world adventures, completely ignoring the cracks and everything. typed in one of the serial codes and then it pops up the message: please insert the disk that contains "Caches/Egypt.objectCache" and then the option to find the correct filefolder...so i searched, and searched, used the computers search, but i can't find Egypt.objectCache anywhere and the expansion pack only seems to have one setup file and no disk .iso files...so i'm confused. 
what shall i do? should i have followed those steps with the crack files of world adventures after all?
Help please. as i said, please be patient with me, i never installed a cracked game with expansions, only ones that didn't have any expansion. so this is really confusing to me WhatDidUJustCallMe?

thanks a lot in advance to anyone who is willing to guide me through this 
(p.s. i haven't checked the other expansions yet, so i don't know if similar issues might occur with those as well)

Back to top Go down

installation issue world adventures Empty Re: installation issue world adventures

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Aug 2013, 20:57

drachensaat wrote:hey everyone, 
so, first of all, i'm new to this, so please be patient with me Wink 

this is the first time i downloaded a game with expansion packs to install, but when i found that it is possible to have sims3+expansions, i just had to give it a go, so i downloaded the full game plus allmost all expansions and quite a few stuff-packs from games4theworld.com thanks guys, brilliant work.
then i checked for the "how to install everything perfectly" guide and so i installed the main game (with some error messages that files are corrupted for some reason, but it still finished) then i did as i was told and ignored the crack. downloaded the newest update, installed that, and started the installation of world adventures, completely ignoring the cracks and everything. typed in one of the serial codes and then it pops up the message: please insert the disk that contains "Caches/Egypt.objectCache" and then the option to find the correct filefolder...so i searched, and searched, used the computers search, but i can't find Egypt.objectCache anywhere and the expansion pack only seems to have one setup file and no disk .iso files...so i'm confused. 
what shall i do? should i have followed those steps with the crack files of world adventures after all?
Help please. as i said, please be patient with me, i never installed a cracked game with expansions, only ones that didn't have any expansion. so this is really confusing to me WhatDidUJustCallMe?

thanks a lot in advance to anyone who is willing to guide me through this 
(p.s. i haven't checked the other expansions yet, so i don't know if similar issues might occur with those as well)
Hello,

So you downloaded "World Adventures" from Games4TheWorld ? Try this: make a new folder somewhere, then open the .RAR file of the World Adventures download, with the program "WinRAR".

Now (re-)extract all contents of the .RAR into that newly created folder. Afterwards, double-click on "Autorun.exe".

See if that works for you.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

installation issue world adventures Empty Re: installation issue world adventures

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 22:49

i will try that, thanks, but i'll have to re-download it quickly, because i have this habbit of erasing .rar-files after i unpacked them, so i don't have the packed .rar files anymore, just the content.

i installed some stuff-packs in the meantime however and got to a similar issue with the outdoor-living-stuff one and then i noticed when i looked through the installationguide .txt that the ones that installed without a hitch have no instructions of changing something with regedit and these two that i had issues with, both have something to change in regedit - which i haven't done before trying to install, because i assumed that was part of the crack and since instructions were to ignore all crack content, i ignored that as well.
(also, almost all the expansion packs and stuffpacks i downloaded, when i extracted them with winrar i got an error message saying that one of those update.exe files from the cracks is corrupt...literally on every single one of them, except two maybe, and i downloaded the main game+15 extras all from games4theworld.com
might those errors be connected to my problems?)

thanks for answering me and thank you for your advice carlos Smile
i'm very grateful if you'd be able to help me more with this

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Aug 2013, 23:15

drachensaat wrote:i will try that, thanks, but i'll have to re-download it quickly, because i have this habbit of erasing .rar-files after i unpacked them, so i don't have the packed .rar files anymore, just the content.

i installed some stuff-packs in the meantime however and got to a similar issue with the outdoor-living-stuff one and then i noticed when i looked through the installationguide .txt that the ones that installed without a hitch have no instructions of changing something with regedit and these two that i had issues with, both have something to change in regedit - which i haven't done before trying to install, because i assumed that was part of the crack and since instructions were to ignore all crack content, i ignored that as well.
(also, almost all the expansion packs and stuffpacks i downloaded, when i extracted them with winrar i got an error message saying that one of those update.exe files from the cracks is corrupt...literally on every single one of them, except two maybe, and i downloaded the main game+15 extras all from games4theworld.com
might those errors be connected to my problems?)

thanks for answering me and thank you for your advice carlos Smile
i'm very grateful if you'd be able to help me more with this
While I don't know what might be wrong in your case, you can try marking the items after opening them with WinRAR. Now go to the button at the top which says "extract to". Now in the window, mark the box "keep broken files", then choose the location of the empty folder - to (re-)extract the content again.

And about the thing with the "registry change": I know that this is the case with "World Adventures" and the base game. But as long as you don't get the error which says "wrong region code", the registry change is not relevant for you - so ignore that for now.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 23:48

okay, thanks Smile
i will do as you said and then i shall come back with a feedback if it worked or if i need more help Razz

but thank you very much for the moment carlos Smile

//EDIT

hey again, so i tried what you said carlos and it did work for world adventures, but then i had some other error message while installing ambitions and then i remembered i had a similar one while installing the main-game, which i ignored at the time. so i downloaded everything again, unpacked as you suggested with the "keep broken files" and now installing the main-game again i get the following message:

"CRC error: The file C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\Thumbnails\CasThumbnauls.package doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor."

i had that same message last time while installing the main game on SunsetValley.package and FullBuild01.package and FullBuild02.package and then in the Ambitions expansion pack on something that i can't remember now. but always the same type of message otherwise, just different files.

what on earth does this mean? and how do i fix it?
thanks again for more help

//EDIT

i found out that someone else already posted that exact same question, sorry for double-posting, wasn't on purpose. i must have overlooked the other one. 

anyway, it seems that utorrent is at fault here, because it sometimes doesn't finish downloads properly, only after pausing them for a day it says they are finished, but then there is this issue during the installation, so i guess i will have no other choice than try some other download program and start all over AGAIN...it's only the 4th time and taken up my whole week -.-'
well, i guess the good news is i know where the problem lies...so thanks again to carlos who helped me so much.

Helper Edit; Please refrain yourself from double-posting. Use the "Edit" button to add information. Thank you for your cooperation.

-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top