Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Installation (I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Installation (I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!) Empty Sims 3 Installation (I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!)

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 10:08

so i have been trying to install the sims 3 plus the expansions for a few days now and keep coming across different issues. i finally read almost every single thread on here and went step by step with the instruction guides, i finally got it to open to the "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that
does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that
you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of
them – otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs."
message, i pressed no like some previous mac users had suggested when it asked if i wanted to quit and instead of the game working like it did for others i got another message saying it was unable to start game and it was a service initialization failure.

i have no idea what to do anymore, so any suggestions would help. i don't want to give up!!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Installation (I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!) Empty Re: Sims 3 Installation (I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!)

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:05

Try reinstalling the games in order. Make sure to update every game to the latest patch then apply the generations crack to your Sims 3\Game\Bin folder. If any problems persist feel free to ask for more help.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Installation (I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!) Empty Re: Sims 3 Installation (I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!)

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 13:53

To be fair mate, it honestly does not matter on the order you install.. However, saying that, make sure you install generations as there's the latest crack for that and I know that it works Razz

If you keeps getting problems I think I'll have to make a disk image from my sims 3 base game for mac users to download.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 20:29

I have this problem too. I made my own forum about it, but I'll watch this one too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 20:47

yea i just tried re-installing everything and just applying the generations crack and im still getting the same message. no idea what to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 22:51

Dale is going to be making a copy of his base game so hopefully that will solve some issues!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 19:15

hey everyone, please check "best clean installation order for mac" thread, where i went through pretty much all the issues you had too, but at the very end, thanks to mcqueen and dale, i was able to install everything properly and have everything running smooth, using Dale's dmg copy... so check that out if you haven't, specially the last thread page.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top