Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem using manual patch! Can't update to 1.55. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem using manual patch! Can't update to 1.55. [SOLVED] Empty Problem using manual patch! Can't update to 1.55. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 21:37

I have installed every expansion pack (no stuff packs yet) except for Island Paradise.  When I launch Island paradise setup, it wants me to update.  I click yes, it says it can't do it and setup can't continue.  So I used the manual patch downloaded from this website.  That fails and says:

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$
@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (7601)
IE Version: 9.10.9200.16618

I also tried updating via the launcher.  Says it can't connect to origin (probably because it's cracked, but it was worth trying).  At one point I tried the hacked TSLhost DLL and TS3W files from the Sims3 University #Crack folder.  That didn't help.  I haven't used the ultimate fix folder yet, since that isn't supposed to be used until after the manual patcher, apparently.

Ideas?

Last edited by cmiles8 on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 01:04; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Problem using manual patch! Can't update to 1.55. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem using manual patch! Can't update to 1.55. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 21:47

For the record, I have installed EVERYTHING after using WinRAR to unpack the files.  So that is most definitely not the issue, especially considering all EPs and updates except 1.55 worked properly.

Back to top Go down

Problem using manual patch! Can't update to 1.55. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem using manual patch! Can't update to 1.55. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 23:01

In the setup folder, go to support then updates and try to install that update

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 02 Jul 2013, 00:25

cmiles8 wrote:I have installed every expansion pack (no stuff packs yet) except for Island Paradise.  When I launch Island paradise setup, it wants me to update.  I click yes, it says it can't do it and setup can't continue.  So I used the manual patch downloaded from this website.  That fails and says:

PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$

I also tried updating via the launcher.  Says it can't connect to origin (probably because it's cracked, but it was worth trying).  At one point I tried the hacked TSLhost DLL and TS3W files from the Sims3 University #Crack folder.  That didn't help.  I haven't used the ultimate fix folder yet, since that isn't supposed to be used until after the manual patcher, apparently.

Ideas?

Hello,

Have you tried this?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 01:04

cat2006house wrote:
cmiles8 wrote:I have installed every expansion pack (no stuff packs yet) except for Island Paradise.  When I launch Island paradise setup, it wants me to update.  I click yes, it says it can't do it and setup can't continue.  So I used the manual patch downloaded from this website.  That fails and says:

PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$

Ideas?

Hello,

Have you tried this?

I did actually find that in my recent google searches.  No luck.  However, in some Google Site searches of this very site led me to a solution that worked.  I just had to redownload the manual patcher since apparently it gets corrupted EASILY sometimes.  Oddly enough, when I had used the built in search function, I didn't find the threads that ultimately helped me out.  

This issue is solved!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 02 Jul 2013, 02:22

cmiles8 wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$

Ideas?

Hello,

Have you tried this?

I did actually find that in my recent google searches.  No luck.  However, in some Google Site searches of this very site led me to a solution that worked.  I just had to redownload the manual patcher since apparently it gets corrupted EASILY sometimes.  Oddly enough, when I had used the built in search function, I didn't find the threads that ultimately helped me out.  

This issue is solved!

Hello,

Good to hear! Don't hesitate to ask any questions.
Happy simming The Sims 3 plumbob!
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 02 Jul 2013, 19:14

Topic closed! Have fun with you game Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top