Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manual patch problem. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Manual patch problem. [SOLVED] Empty Manual patch problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 28 Nov 2013, 19:14

I have the same problem. I installed base game, generations and seasons and the game worked fine. (Though I dont think it was updated for the last patch). Then I installed Pets but something went wrong cause when the game loaded up and I was at the screen to pick worlds etc, it was all blank. No menu, I couldnt even exit game cause all menu's where just blank. So I tried to download the manual patch to see if updating it would work, but got same error as the above one when trying to use it. I even downloaded a different region version in case I had a different game region version, but that didn't make any difference. =/

Moderator edit: Topics split. ALWAYS open a new topic for your problems, instead of posting under someone else's topic. Thank you. Wink

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Manual patch problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Manual patch problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 28 Nov 2013, 21:09

Hello,

Please make sure you are following the step by step instructions located here.  If you've already installed The Ultimate Fix, could you please open that .rar file then open the .pdf and tell me what date you see?

Thank you!  The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Nov 2013, 22:00

Update on what happened since last posted: I decided to remove base game, remove expansion packs and redo all the installations aswell as include Island Paradise this time. The installation went well up until Island Paradise when it said it wanted to update (just like the other ones) but the update this time got an error. So I followed the steps in the instruction where it said to continue with step 2, however, again, same error occured, and the exact message goes like this:

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (140)
Papp:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$
@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (7601)
IE version 9.10.9200.16721

Since I haven't gotten further (stuck on installing Island Paradise that wont install unless I update, but cant update), I have not yet installed the Ultimate Fix. However, I do have it downloaded since last night  and the date you asked for is: The Sims 3 Update / Ultimate Fix- Installation Guide Updated on: 23-10-2013 (For latest version only download from THIS page!)

I honestly have no idea on how to proceed at this point. =/

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I have windows 7, if that makes any difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 29 Nov 2013, 08:13

Hello,

The first problem I see is this:  Before installing Island Paradise, update your game/s via the Manual Patch.  This should avoid your game from ATTEMPTING to throw up an error and updating itself - in which it will always fail.  You cannot let the game automatically update itself because it will give you an error and close out the installation/setup deal because it fails.  Please as well, make sure you have Framework installed on your PC (click) and please disable your firewall/antivirus before installation.  Be sure to turn it back on, however, afterwards!

The second problem is:  You actually have an outdated Ultimate Fix!  The newest one released is dated 31-10-2013.  Please go here and download the Ultimate Fix via the Mirror Link.  Once downloaded, just double check the .pdf once more to ensure you've got an updated Fix!  The fix you have or are attempting to use, will cause a lot of errors and issues for you when trying to load and/or play the game!

Once you get your installation to work, apply that new and updated Ultimate Fix and your game SHOULD work!  Smile

If you have any questions along the way or need anymore feedback and assistance, let me know!

Happy Simming  The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Nov 2013, 11:52

There are two problems here with your reply.

1). The manual patch isn't working for me. Which is why I asked for assistance to begin with. I have downloaded it (day before yday) but when I tried to apply it, i get the above said error.

2). I will re-download the Ultimate fix, via mirror link to see if I can get a later update, but that one was ALSO downloaded day before yday which makes it a lil annoying when I come here, follow instruction, go to the links and download and then you still say that the things I downloaded 48h ago is outdated! EDIT: I downloaded from mirror and date now says Updated on: 31-10-2013. Is that the latest one?

Now, to update you on where I am atm, I found an downloaded another manual patch, however that one wasnt the most recent one, only 1.55 or so. It did however let me install Island Paradise. I now have 2 other problems, possibly caused by same issue, which is the fact that I am not on the latest patch.

1) When I start the game it tells me I have an "Unofficial game modification" that can cause issues.

2) Whenever I try to move in a family or open build mode, game crashes.

So, I can only imagine that the solution you are gonna give me on this is to install the manual patch. Which brings me back to my initial request for help, and I will repeat it again. When I try to apply the Manual patch (downloaded 48h ago) I get the following error message in Windows;

Papp:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 29 Nov 2013, 14:23

Zivia wrote:There are two problems here with your reply.

(...)
Now, to update you on where I am atm, I found an downloaded another manual patch, however that one wasnt the most recent one, only 1.55 or so.

(...)

So, I can only imagine that the solution you are gonna give me on this is to install the manual patch. Which brings me back to my initial request for help, and I will repeat it again. When I try to apply the Manual patch (downloaded 48h ago) I get the following error message in Windows;

Papp:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$
First of all: since none of us is getting paid to actually help you folks, I strongly suggest you stay friendly. Here, at G4TW, you folks get a LOT of stuff for free - including support. If you don't appreciate what we do, then you may consult another site for support.

Concerning your problem, it can usually be "fixed" by re-downloading the LATEST patch (version 1.63) with another internet browser. And please, do not pause or interrupt the download either.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v163-fix-manual-patch

Also, make sure to try the "MEGA"-link...If that doesn't help either, then there may be something wrong with your internet connection.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2013, 05:43

I do appreciate the help, and I might have over-reacted a bit but it does get a lil frustrating when I'm struggling with patches that wont work, and when I ask for help the response I got was just to use the same thing that wasn't working in the first place. She(or he) didn't say anything about re-downloading the patch, didn't say anything about using a different browser. Also, she was the first one stating "I see a problem" and proceeded to tell me to use that patch, making me think that she had'nt read through my initial issue, causing me to retaliate with a similar problem responce. But like I said, I over reacted and I apologize.

I did however download the patch again with a different browser as you suggested. (It may be noted that I had already considered that something happened during download, but only tried to re-download with same browser and same error appeared, leading me to think something else was the issue.)

I finally got the manual update to work and the game installed fine after that and no more errors have occurred so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sat 30 Nov 2013, 06:04

Zivia wrote:I do appreciate the help, and I might have over-reacted a bit but it does get a lil frustrating when I'm struggling with patches that wont work, and when I ask for help the response I got was just to use the same thing that wasn't working in the first place. She(or he) didn't say anything about re-downloading the patch, didn't say anything about using a different browser. Also, she was the first one stating "I see a problem" and proceeded to tell me to use that patch, making me think that she had'nt read through my initial issue, causing me to retaliate with a similar problem responce. But like I said, I over reacted and I apologize.

I did however download the patch again with a different browser as you suggested. (It may be noted that I had already considered that something happened during download, but only tried to re-download with same browser and same error appeared, leading me to think something else was the issue.)

I finally got the manual update to work and the game installed fine after that and no more errors have occurred so far.
Hello,

Please do not presume I didn't read your posts.  When I stated that "I see a problem 1&2", I hadn't intended on it being interpreted as something rude.  There was no malicious intent on me stating what I did, as those were the two issues I saw that you were having.  Whether you're frustrated or not, like Carlos said, if G4TW wasn't here none of this would be possible - and we're not even talking about just the downloads, also the endless support we provide to all sorts of characters here on the forum.  

I apologize if it seemed as though I was repeating the steps you stated you had already tried, or if it came across like I wasn't paying attention.  All of the helpers and moderators here pin-point and pick up on certain problems immediately;  Sometimes if the issues are not clear or we are not verbally understanding the problem, we will ask you guys to trouble shoot certain steps or aspects of your game to make sure that those said dynamics are not the culprit.  In this case, I had asked you to re-use the manual patch.  It wasn't until you responded directly to me that you made it clear that the manual patch was the issue.  I assumed because of your first post that perhaps it was your game (throwing up the error).  

I'm glad that so far your installation is working okay.  If you need anymore assistance or have any further questions, let us know here.

Happy Simming.  The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Nov 2013, 17:57

Zivia wrote:I do appreciate the help, and I might have over-reacted a bit but it does get a lil frustrating when I'm struggling with patches that wont work, and when I ask for help the response I got was just to use the same thing that wasn't working in the first place. (...) causing me to retaliate with a similar problem responce. But like I said, I over reacted and I apologize.

On behalf of the G4TW team, I hereby ask you to mind your tone for the future. If we are constantly friendly to you folks, we basically expect the same from you. It may be understandable that you are/were frustrated, but what I said in my previous post still counts: we are not paid for doing all this. In fact, most of us spend quite some time to come here to the forum, and reply to questions. This is certainly not something taken for granted, since this "helping" requires a LOT of long-term motivation.

If you feel you were misundestood or something, then repeat your concerns, in a calm and friendly way. 

That said, I'm glad to hear that this "solution" worked out for you. This topic is closed now.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top