Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 11 Empty Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:31

First topic message reminder :

Update: 
We have abandoned the old "games4theworld.org" site, though as long as it is still online you can use it to grab some (store) items for The Sims 3. In the meantime, here is an alternative source for individual store items:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t34210-all-games4theworld-individual-the-sims-3-store-items

And here a torrent for the complete store collection:

-You can now also report your problems with our Download Server quickly via: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/report-a-problem.html -

Hello everyone,

The moment you've all been waiting for: we've finally released our MediaFire alternative, in the form of a completely new website: www.games4theworlddownloads.org
As you might have noticed already, this website is still work-in-progess, meaning that a lot of pages and some download links are still missing. We decided to do a beta release, so you guys could give us feedback on how to improve it. We'll be adding the missing pages and download links over time, so be sure to check back daily.

In this topic we'll gather all your feedback and - if possible - implement the new feature(s) in the next website update. Please also let us know about the download speed and the page loading speed.
So please keep the feedback coming!

Exclamation In order to make things easier, please do provide a link to the page and a screenshot of the problem, if possible.

Known problems/improvements:

- Overall layout is too wide for some computer screens (Let us know how it looks on your screen and include your resolution/screen size!)
FIXED!
- Add a "Back to top" button
FIXED! (Thank you for the image, Lady ElDi!)
- December 2011 page will be fixed soon
FIXED!
- Host images on own server, instead of linking to other websites (E.g. ServImg)
FIXED!
- Change menu style (And colour, if needed)
FIXED!
- Change line height + font size
FIXED!

- Banner broken on this page. FIXED!
- Some split files broken? See this post. (this set, for example) FIXED!
- Being more specific about file format, see this post. FIXED!
- HJ split guide requested. FIXED! (Got rid of all the split files)
This set fails to install. FIXED!
- Adding a "limited edition stuff" category. FIXED!
- Making banners "fit to scale", if possible. See this post. FIXED!
- Some links are broken, see this post. FIXED! (Use a different browser, for example Google Chrome - See yellow warning on homepage)
- More broken links, see this post.
FIXED!

- Line-height should be increased on some pages FIXED!
- Add "COMPLETE year" downloads, to download everything from a specific year at once (Will be added once the website is finished)
- Disable Mac elastic scrolling, see:

Code:
<script>
document.addEventListener(
  'touchmove',
  function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
  },
  false
);

IF YOU HAVE ANY FEEDBACK, PLEASE COLLECT ALL YOUR FEEDBACK FIRST AND THEN POST EVERYTHING AT ONCE, instead of making a new post for every piece of feedback. Thank you!

Last edited by Admin on Wed 24 Dec 2014, 16:36; edited 16 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 11 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 18:49

yes admin not working for me sir

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 11 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 19:17

ok, tried it and it worked! (I feel like a total noob... -_-' )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 13:06

Forgive me if this has been mentioned but the April 2013 and June 1023 links are broken. They just send me to a page full of code. Just thought I'd let you know.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 21 Sep 2013, 13:08

Adoniis78 wrote:Forgive me if this has been mentioned but the April 2013 and June 1023 links are broken. They just send me to a page full of code. Just thought I'd let you know.
Hello,

Did you use Firefox to open the webpages? If yes, that's probably why. Switch to Chrome instead!
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 13:33

cat2006house wrote:
Adoniis78 wrote:Forgive me if this has been mentioned but the April 2013 and June 1023 links are broken. They just send me to a page full of code. Just thought I'd let you know.
Hello,

Did you use Firefox to open the webpages? If yes, that's probably why. Switch to Chrome instead!
That was it. Thanks you very much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Sat 21 Sep 2013, 17:01

When using Firefox right-click on the DL link and select "Save Target As". For some reason Firefox tries to read some file extensions, like .sims3pack, instead of downloading them.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 22:31

Hello ! Is there a maintenance scheduled on the downloads website www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ ? Because I can't access it even though I checked it yesterday and everything worked fine...
I use Chrome and it says that "the page is not found" etc.

But maybe that's just me, because I have encountered several issues like that lately (pages not found, but working few weeks later like simsasylum.com which I could not access for 2 months on my computer, even though I could on my phone).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Sep 2013, 22:39

Occultine wrote:Hello ! Is there a maintenance scheduled on the downloads website www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ ? Because I can't access it even though I checked it yesterday and everything worked fine...

But maybe that's just me, because I have encountered several issues like that lately (pages not found, but working few weeks later like simsasylum.com which I could not access for 2 months on my computer, even though I could on my phone).
Hello,

I'm having the same issue, so yes, there is probably some kind of maintenance going on.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 23:37

Carlos G. wrote:
Occultine wrote:Hello ! Is there a maintenance scheduled on the downloads website www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ ? Because I can't access it even though I checked it yesterday and everything worked fine...

Hello,

I'm having the same issue, so yes, there is probably some kind of maintenance going on.

Thanks for letting me know !

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 22 Sep 2013, 21:03

Hello all,

It's working fine for me.
Did the download speed improve for you guys, or still slow?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 07:36

Hi. I don't know what the matter is.
But I tried downloading each of the 2012 and 2013 Store Contents, but not one of them worked. Always gives me error 

" HTTP ERROR: 504
Gateway Timeout
RequestURI=http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/store2013/files/january/LullabiesSET.rar "

I tried using IE and Chrome, but same results. Sad
Please help me.
Thanks.

I hope I posted in the right thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Sep 2013, 06:49

I have some feedback.
I don't like the way the website looks. It's not very modern and the color scheme isn't very pretty. Also the text is really big
Ehh I have some other feedback but I can't think of it atm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 28 Sep 2013, 19:36

zef05 wrote:Hi. I don't know what the matter is.
But I tried downloading each of the 2012 and 2013 Store Contents, but not one of them worked. Always gives me error 

" HTTP ERROR: 504
Gateway Timeout
RequestURI=http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/store2013/files/january/LullabiesSET.rar "

I tried using IE and Chrome, but same results. Sad
Please help me.
Thanks.

I hope I posted in the right thread
Hello,

Can you please link to a few downloads that aren't working for you?

auti wrote:I have some feedback.
I don't like the way the website looks. It's not very modern and the color scheme isn't very pretty. Also the text is really big
Ehh I have some other feedback but I can't think of it atm.
I've made the text a lot smaller, does it still look big for you? Can you send a screenshot of how it looks on your resolution?
Unfortunately the layout is as it is now, I can't change it like 1-2-3. IF we plan on updating the layout, it'll be at least after a year of the initial release.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Sep 2013, 20:15

Hello, not sure if this problem has been addressed yet, but when trying to download files off of games4theworlddownloads.org, the download speeds are drastically slow, and it says it will take hours to download a small file. Sorry if this has been posted before. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Sep 2013, 20:49

markpolo wrote:Hello, not sure if this problem has been addressed yet, but when trying to download files off of games4theworlddownloads.org, the download speeds are drastically slow, and it says it will take hours to download a small file. Sorry if this has been posted before. Shocked
I've had this issue also. Not sure what's going on. I've tried different browsers but still the same result.Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 28 Sep 2013, 21:26

Hello,

Yes, we're working on the slow download speeds. Bear with us just a little bit more!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Sep 2013, 03:13

Is it normal for the files to take more than an hour to download?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Sep 2013, 14:38

Not sure about the store updates, if they are just not working, or they havent been put in yet? For example for 2011... july, sept, nov....just have no links on them at all.  Were there no updates for those months?  they haven't been put up yet? or a problem with the link?

I am grabbing the torrent for store updates but that only takes me to june 2011.  Will there be a torrent for the rest of 2011, 2012 and up to current 2013?  Or should I just wait until the download site has everything up and working?

Great job by the way on all the work on Sims 3.  I lost it all a while back but am now downloading it all again for the new computer.  So nice...just SO nice...to have a place I know I can trust for downloads and with an administrative group that works so hard for us.  Just wanted to assure you that my questions are just seeking info and are in no way a criticism.  I can't imagine the difficulties in getting everything up and running for a website.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 30 Sep 2013, 23:00

mjrosen569 wrote:Is it normal for the files to take more than an hour to download?
Hello there,

Please read the post above yours. Very Happy 

Ashkevron wrote:Not sure about the store updates, if they are just not working, or they havent been put in yet? For example for 2011... july, sept, nov....just have no links on them at all.  Were there no updates for those months?  they haven't been put up yet? or a problem with the link?

I am grabbing the torrent for store updates but that only takes me to june 2011.  Will there be a torrent for the rest of 2011, 2012 and up to current 2013?  Or should I just wait until the download site has everything up and working?

Great job by the way on all the work on Sims 3.  I lost it all a while back but am now downloading it all again for the new computer.  So nice...just SO nice...to have a place I know I can trust for downloads and with an administrative group that works so hard for us.  Just wanted to assure you that my questions are just seeking info and are in no way a criticism.  I can't imagine the difficulties in getting everything up and running for a website.
Yes, we do plan on finishing the website, lol, but hmmm... no, I don't think we'll release a torrent for, for example, each complete year. Have to think about that.
It's not the website that's causing the pain in the ass, it's the actual software used to create the website, lol. Facepalm
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Oct 2013, 03:30

*shudders* I don't even want to contemplate what goes into making a website work. 

The only reason I asked about the torrent was because of the one already out there.  But I am in no huge hurry, I have no problem waiting for however long it takes to get the stuff up and running properly.

I looked at some other torrents that spoke about complete store....something toolbox was the name of the person.  They looked good but there are far too many comments about errors, missing items and other difficulties.  So like I said, I know your stuff works so I am happy to wait.  I am not really aware of what stuff is included in all the store updates...so...you can't miss what you don't know, or something like that..heheeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Oct 2013, 09:41

Thanks a lot for the updates! Can I ask you to add a section of "Premium Content" to the menu?
So we could have an ability to download objects with unique animations, whithout community lot and etc.

http://store.thesims3.com/category.html?categoryId=13062&index=0&action=premiumContentView

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Oct 2013, 13:00

Adminator wrote:I've made the text a lot smaller, does it still look big for you? Can you send a screenshot of how it looks on your resolution?
Unfortunately the layout is as it is now, I can't change it like 1-2-3. IF we plan on updating the layout, it'll be at least after a year of the initial release.
my computer screen is like 1600x900 so it might just be me?? but its still kinda big: https://i.imgur.com/HGPCsod.png
well i could help you with the design, im pretty good with html and css, and i used to design my own websites

also with the problems with the download speeds, why not upload the files to dropbox and just link to the file on there, instead of using your own server?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Oct 2013, 17:49

auti wrote:also with the problems with the download speeds, why not upload the files to dropbox and just link to the file on there, instead of using your own server?

The problem with things like dropbox, mediafire and the others is that - sooner or later - they will be taken down again. And then G4TW would have to start over - again. Wink

//EDIT

By the way Admin, is it possible that there could be problems for users with dynamic IP adresses (or IP adresses from Austria in general) ? The only way I can regularly access the site and download stuff from is by using a webproxy. Otherwise it works only very rarely for me. I've tried tweaking with the internet options, even resetting the Internet explorer, but it didn't help. So my guess is that it might have to do with my dynamic IP adresses.

The browser loads and loads, only to show in the end that "the site's server takes too long to respond" (don't know if the translation is correct, lol).

But no hurries, I don't necessarily need that "store stuff" any time soon. Wink 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 01 Oct 2013, 22:14

Carlos G. wrote:
auti wrote:also with the problems with the download speeds, why not upload the files to dropbox and just link to the file on there, instead of using your own server?

The problem with things like dropbox, mediafire and the others is that - sooner or later - they will be taken down again. And then G4TW would have to start over - again. Wink

//EDIT

By the way Admin, is it possible that there could be problems for users with dynamic IP adresses (or IP adresses from Austria in general) ? The only way I can regularly access the site and download stuff from is by using a webproxy. Otherwise it works only very rarely for me. I've tried tweaking with the internet options, even resetting the Internet explorer, but it didn't help. So my guess is that it might have to do with my dynamic IP adresses.

The browser loads and loads, only to show in the end that "the site's server takes too long to respond" (don't know if the translation is correct, lol).

But no hurries, I don't necessarily need that "store stuff" any time soon. Wink 

Hi there,

Could it be blocked over there? I don't think so...
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Oct 2013, 23:56

Adminator wrote:Hi there,

Could it be blocked over there? I don't think so...

While literally anything is possible over here (lol),
I don't have any similar problems with other sites either. I have no idea what could be wrong; sometimes it works perfectly, but most of the time not at all.

The other explanation could be that I'm trying to access the site at times when too many others are accessing the site too...Question

//EDIT

But nevermind; I can use a webproxy, or maybe I'm somehow lucky, and I access the site at the right time. Shocked 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Oct 2013, 04:44

Maybe this has already been addressed, but when I downloaded the Gold version of Dragon Valley and tried to unzip it (with WinRAR) it said that the file was corrupted. There was also something mentioned about the file ending before it was supposed to?
I tried re-downloading it, and got the same message when I tried to unzip the new one. (Again, with WinRAR.)
I had the same problem with Lunar Lakes, but re-downloading it seemed to help. Is this a problem with me, or with the file?

Other than that, the site is great, the downloads are great, and I love you guys!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 02 Oct 2013, 21:08

SyRikka wrote:Maybe this has already been addressed, but when I downloaded the Gold version of Dragon Valley and tried to unzip it (with WinRAR) it said that the file was corrupted. There was also something mentioned about the file ending before it was supposed to?
I tried re-downloading it, and got the same message when I tried to unzip the new one. (Again, with WinRAR.)
I had the same problem with Lunar Lakes, but re-downloading it seemed to help. Is this a problem with me, or with the file?

Other than that, the site is great, the downloads are great, and I love you guys!
Hello there,

Unfortunately there are some download speed issues with the website, so it's possible that that's the issue.
Try re-downloading it with a different browser, please.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top