Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 3 Empty Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:31

First topic message reminder :

Update: 
We have abandoned the old "games4theworld.org" site, though as long as it is still online you can use it to grab some (store) items for The Sims 3. In the meantime, here is an alternative source for individual store items:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t34210-all-games4theworld-individual-the-sims-3-store-items

And here a torrent for the complete store collection:

-You can now also report your problems with our Download Server quickly via: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/report-a-problem.html -

Hello everyone,

The moment you've all been waiting for: we've finally released our MediaFire alternative, in the form of a completely new website: www.games4theworlddownloads.org
As you might have noticed already, this website is still work-in-progess, meaning that a lot of pages and some download links are still missing. We decided to do a beta release, so you guys could give us feedback on how to improve it. We'll be adding the missing pages and download links over time, so be sure to check back daily.

In this topic we'll gather all your feedback and - if possible - implement the new feature(s) in the next website update. Please also let us know about the download speed and the page loading speed.
So please keep the feedback coming!

Exclamation In order to make things easier, please do provide a link to the page and a screenshot of the problem, if possible.

Known problems/improvements:

- Overall layout is too wide for some computer screens (Let us know how it looks on your screen and include your resolution/screen size!)
FIXED!
- Add a "Back to top" button
FIXED! (Thank you for the image, Lady ElDi!)
- December 2011 page will be fixed soon
FIXED!
- Host images on own server, instead of linking to other websites (E.g. ServImg)
FIXED!
- Change menu style (And colour, if needed)
FIXED!
- Change line height + font size
FIXED!

- Banner broken on this page. FIXED!
- Some split files broken? See this post. (this set, for example) FIXED!
- Being more specific about file format, see this post. FIXED!
- HJ split guide requested. FIXED! (Got rid of all the split files)
This set fails to install. FIXED!
- Adding a "limited edition stuff" category. FIXED!
- Making banners "fit to scale", if possible. See this post. FIXED!
- Some links are broken, see this post. FIXED! (Use a different browser, for example Google Chrome - See yellow warning on homepage)
- More broken links, see this post.
FIXED!

- Line-height should be increased on some pages FIXED!
- Add "COMPLETE year" downloads, to download everything from a specific year at once (Will be added once the website is finished)
- Disable Mac elastic scrolling, see:

Code:
<script>
document.addEventListener(
  'touchmove',
  function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
  },
  false
);

IF YOU HAVE ANY FEEDBACK, PLEASE COLLECT ALL YOUR FEEDBACK FIRST AND THEN POST EVERYTHING AT ONCE, instead of making a new post for every piece of feedback. Thank you!

Last edited by Admin on Wed 24 Dec 2014, 16:36; edited 16 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 3 Empty Two Thumbs up!!

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 03:22

I love it! Yeah G4TW user friendly! I am totally doing the "Go G4TW dance!"Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 3 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 06:25

Thank you for your hard work Very Happy . I really appreciate it 
But i want to report somethin. It seems there are some issues in some pages
-2009 (June - Dec)
-2010 (Jan - Dec)
-2011 (Jan, Jule - Dec)
-2012 (June - Dec)
-2013 (Feb)

*edited*
Can you tell me what is HJSplit and how to use it? I'm kinda new here
Plus where do i find the chocolate fountain set?
Sorry to bother you :0

Last edited by Nightdragonist on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 07:38; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 3 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 06:41

Yes!!!cheers Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I just wanted to say that I like the site. Been waiting on this ever since mediafire took it down. The pictures of the objects are really nice to see in case I forget what's in them. Oh, and the color's just fine with me. Heck, it could be black and white and look like crap and I'd still be happy with it. (Which it doesn't by the way.) You guys are awesome!!!!

Hammertime
                                                                                                              The Sims 3 plumbob 

//EDIT

Nightdragonist wrote:Thank you for your hard work Very Happy 
But i want to report somethin. It seems there are some issues in 2012 store content from June to December

*edited*

I don't think they have everything uploaded yet. Give them a little and I'm sure they'll get things in order. I think they just wanted us to know that it's up and running and that some things are there already for the ones that want them. Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 06:52

mercurypagen wrote:
stormycloud wrote:
mercurypagen wrote:Hey, 

This is fantastic and how awesome are you guys in fixing things so quick?  *hands out cookies*

My only issue is the HJSplit program.  I can open it just fine, join files just fine...but then what?  How do I get the new joined file into the game?

Same here but only with some of the files like the Rococo_Set, I joined the files but after i couldn't install them. It worked fine with Dragon Valley Gold Edition.

Once you said that DV worked, I tried that one, and did get it to work, same with the MedWedSet, those combined just fine.  Rocco did not. I figured it out on my end. 

For anyone else wondering how to install, once you join the split parts, it should combine them into a single .sims3 pack, easy to install from there.  I've been extracting the .rar files into a new folder on my desktop and listing that as my Input folder, and the output folder as another new folder, then moved into the launcher/downloads folder upon being joined.

EDIT:  DV installed just fine into the game via the launcher, however the MedWedSet failed. The launcher gives me no details as to why, it just said Failed. I've tried more than once.

Thanks I'm going to try it out and see how that works.Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 06:56

gatecrazy wrote:
Nightdragonist wrote:Thank you for your hard work Very Happy 
But i want to report somethin. It seems there are some issues in 2012 store content from June to December

*edited*

I don't think they have everything uploaded yet. Give them a little and I'm sure they'll get things in order. I think they just wanted us to know that it's up and running and that some things are there already for the ones that want them. Very Happy 

I know. But i just want to let them know since that website still in beta stage. They need out help to sort things out. That's why they create this feedback thread

(To the admins, sorry i edited my comment too much.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 07:03

Nightdragonist wrote:Thank you for your hard work Very Happy . I really appreciate it 
-2009 (June - Dec)
-2010 (Jan - Dec)
-2011 (Jan, Jule - Dec)
-2012 (June - Dec)

*edited*
Forgot to post this with my other comment. The chocolate fountain was part of the Le Cirque Celebration! set which I think was out around February or March 2011. Maybe you can narrow it down. Also if you look on the site for HJSplit they have a manual that shows you how to use it (it's easy and has pictures). I hope this helps you!  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 07:35

gatecrazy wrote:
Nightdragonist wrote:Thank you for your hard work Very Happy . I really appreciate it 
-2009 (June - Dec)
-2010 (Jan - Dec)
-2011 (Jan, Jule - Dec)
-2012 (June - Dec)

*edited*
Forgot to post this with my other comment. The chocolate fountain was part of the Le Cirque Celebration! set which I think was out around February or March 2011. Maybe you can narrow it down. Also if you look on the site for HJSplit they have a manual that shows you how to use it (it's easy and has pictures). I hope this helps you!  Very Happy 
Thank you, sir!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 08:17

i love it!!!thanks..i'll be patient if there's a problem!!Smile))The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob cheers 

it's like a christmas gift on july:)))santa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 08:38

First of all, since y'all asked us to let you know how the layout looks on our screen resolutions, it fits perfectly for my 1600x900 resolution. Second of all, thank you for all of your hard work to get this up and running for us!

My only suggestion would be to include a guide on how to use hjsplit. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has never had to use it before and while I was able to figure it out on my own, there are probably others who will not be able to do so.

One other thing, as others have already reported, I am also unable to install the MedWedSet, it fails every time I try.

Last edited by elizabethgrace on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 08:50; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 08:39

Hello,
In my opinion there should be "Limited Editions" category for that site. Its hard to find limited editions for expansions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 08:59

i've been able to install everything so far except the live, laugh, love 'medwedset' i've tried multiple times & the launcher fails each time. i even looked through my installed content to be sure i wasn't just overlooking something. i've used the hjsplit for everything else & this is the only one giving me trouble so i thought i'd mention it & see if it was just me. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING! You all do so much for everyone in this community & i really don't know what i'd do without games4theworld. be broke as heck & still playing with buggy ea 'fixes' & 'patches.' you guys rock & are so polite, i really don't know how you do it. anyway~ that's the only problem i've found so far, i'll be sure to let you know if anything else comes up =0]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 09:07

Yay! I'm glad it's up, this'll be so much easier than wading through old sites and dead links!

I have some issues though, most of which have been mentioned already (giant text, stretched out pages, cut off text). Here's a screenshot of the front page as I see it: https://i.imgur.com/ZkDJstf.png (1280x800)

Perhaps you could make all the banner images fit the page size (scale)? That and reducing the text size would fix a lot of the stretched out page issues. I think width and height at 100% might do the trick for the images but I'm not sure, it's been a while since I dabbled with CSS.

And another question, I see the credits page has a few usernames, are those the names of people who helped gather links and files/descriptions/etc?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 04 Jul 2013, 10:00

-2009 (June - Dec)
-2010 (Jan - Dec)
-2011 (Jan, Jule - Dec)
-2012 (June - Dec)
-2013 (Feb)

*edited*
Hello,

It's not finished yet, so some pages will be missing. We're thinking about adding a HJ split tutorial for those who are unfamiliar with it Smile 
Thank you for your feedback!

perlerose wrote:

And another question, I see the credits page has a few usernames, are those the names of people who helped gather links and files/descriptions/etc?

Hello,

Yes, that's right. 
You helped as well, if I remember correctly. If so, we should add your username to this list.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 10:48

Havent really encountered any problems for the links ive been on. I run a screen res of 1280x1024 and the page is too wide to fit on my monitor which is 21.5"

Also big thanks for getting a new home for all the stuff back up Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 14:04

Ill wait for the Limited Edition content to show Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 14:33

I'm impressed! It's great to see all the pictures with the items, too. Thank you so much!
Edit: Yes, I'd love to have a tutorial on the HJ split, as I have no idea how to use it. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 15:12

HAS ANYONE TOLD G4TW THAT THEY ROCK!!!!!! **** YEAH Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 15:18

Catfish wrote:I'm impressed! It's great to see all the pictures with the items, too. Thank you so much!
Edit: Yes, I'd love to have a tutorial on the HJ split, as I have no idea how to use it. Smile

I used it for dragon Valley Gold.
Open it, select join, click on "input file" and point it to the .001 file (it is explained right there). Click on "Output" if you want to change the output location for the resulted file.
Or look at this video:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 15:30

wheres Limited edition content and Origin content

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 04 Jul 2013, 16:27

cynel1 wrote:wheres Limited edition content and Origin content

Hello,

As you can see in the first post, the website isn't finished yet. Everything will be added.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 17:24

For the Rococo set, you have to change both of the file names to Rococoset.sims3pack. before joining them, and you need to change the MedWedSet part two to MedWedSet.sims3pack. as well. In both cases, you're deleting the part that says (part one) or (part two). They'll join just fine and install after you do that.

Edit:

The file names have to be identical before the .001 or .002 ect., otherwise the HJSplit won't recognize them. It'll say they joined, but it will be an incomplete file, and therefore won't install.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 17:30

The site looks AMAZING! I'm so excited it's finished - thank you so much and well done!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 20:48

cagil99 wrote:Hello,
In my opinion there should be "Limited Editions" category for that site. Its hard to find limited editions for expansions.

I also think this is a good Idea. Sometimes I'm not sure what's exactly "limited edition" or "gold" objects.  It would be great to be able to see those in one category. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 21:17

V10R37 wrote:
Catfish wrote:I'm impressed! It's great to see all the pictures with the items, too. Thank you so much!

I used it for dragon Valley Gold.
Open it, select join, click on "input file" and point it to the .001 file (it is explained right there). Click on "Output" if you want to change the output location for the resulted file.
Or look at this video:

Thank you very much. I appreciate that you provided a vid of this as well. I don't think I'm brave enough to try all that right now though. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 00:28

scratch  I am curious about some of the sets that are in some months. Are you listing the sets in the month that they were released? I will try to explain better. - For example, If the PriusFamilySet came out in March is it necessarily listed under the month of March? Because if it is then I think some of the sets are listed in the wrong months. I have the MedWedSet and the file says it was created in March which would suggest it came out before April, however, it is listed in April's downloads. If that's not how you're doing it then my apologies, but I was wondering about that. Also, about the store fixes, On MATY's site it says not to use the UnAwesome anymore and to use the new file named KT_XMLs.package. I would rather be downloading them from your site however the store fixes download still has the UnAwesome file in it instead. Is this a problem?

Last edited by gatecrazy on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 00:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added another question)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 00:56

I have gone to the new download site and wandered around and think you have done an absolutely wonderful job. It looks great and is easy to get around - no confusion. I know you have a lot of work ahead but just wanted to let you know how much you are appreciated. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 04:11

Some of the links (Such January 2012- I can't link to it seeing as I'm new) don't launch a download, just a long page of code.

(I'm a long time lurker... just saying what a great job you guys have done).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top