Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still getting "Error during startup" message

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Still getting "Error during startup" message Empty Still getting "Error during startup" message

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 00:34

Hi, I've had this message forever.
And before you even tell me to read the other forums, I have, and I have TRIED to fix it with every video you guys have shown me. I've followed every guide you have and reinstalled over 8 times now, will be  9 today.

When I open the registry guide there are like, 6 SIMS folders, and Im not sure which to download, so I uninstalled ALL my EA games and sims games and retried a fresh download and fresh patching. The installation went fine and I used the manual patch before applying the patches I was told to.
Yada yada onwards, and when I go to:
wownode..32 or whatever it is called, There is only a base SIMS 3 folder, in an ELECTRONIC ARTS folder, so, I open it and only see:

• EA CORE - Installed games

• ---- Sims3_dd
  • ---- Sims3_ep01
  • ----Sims3_ep04
  • ----Sims3_ep05
  • ----Sims3_ep07
  • ----Sims3_ep08
  • ----Sims3_ep09
  • ----Sims3_ep10
  • ----Simsmedieval_dd
  • ----Simsmedieval_ep01_dd
  • EADM
  • The Sims 3
  • ---Launcher
  • The Sims  Medieval
  • The Sims  Medieval Pirates and nobles

Still get the error.

All my game copies are games4theworld.
I have even re downloaded the game copies to be sure the downloads werent faulty.
i had the game working 7 days ago, and uninstalled them and reinstalled them to add a new expansion on.
I'm losing my faith in this.

log:

Attached is the copy of my log.

Back to top Go down

Still getting "Error during startup" message Empty Re: Still getting "Error during startup" message

Post by J.T. Tue 09 Jul 2013, 01:07

Hello,

Please reinstall all The Sims 3 base game and The Sims 3 expansions via Revo uninstaller. Revo uninstaller can clear all the registry to make sure you can initiate clean reinstallation. And ignore the instruction guides in the expansion pack/stuff pack torrents. They are pretty much useless except for serial codes. Follow this. Before that, please make sure you are in the correct folder in registry editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SOFTWARE >> Sims >> The Sims 3. But you only need to follow registry guide if you figure out you cannot successfully run The Sims 3/missing text bubbles are found everywhere in the game or you have any error during the installation of The Sims 3 expansion packs/stuff packs.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top