Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After updating to 1.55 with manual patch, my game is stuck on the loading screen after selecting a world.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

After updating to 1.55 with manual patch, my game is stuck on the loading screen after selecting a world. Empty After updating to 1.55 with manual patch, my game is stuck on the loading screen after selecting a world.

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 02:03

I have been playing the sims 3 with your downloads for a few months now with no problems. I saw there was an update and had to use your manual patch in order to update to 1.55. It was successful and when I went to load the game it threw an error asking for me to load the Pets disk. So I redid the Ultimate Fix which seemed to work as the game loaded. However when I choose the world/neighborhood to load the green bar gets to the very end but never loads the game. It just sits on that page with the cursor still circling (I left my computer for over an hour and came back with it still on that screen).

Any ideas how to fix this?? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

After updating to 1.55 with manual patch, my game is stuck on the loading screen after selecting a world. Empty Re: After updating to 1.55 with manual patch, my game is stuck on the loading screen after selecting a world.

Post by J.T. Tue 09 Jul 2013, 02:59

gahorseygal wrote:I have been playing the sims 3 with your downloads for a few months now with no problems. I saw there was an update and had to use your manual patch in order to update to 1.55. It was successful and when I went to load the game it threw an error asking for me to load the Pets disk. So I redid the Ultimate Fix which seemed to work as the game loaded. However when I choose the world/neighborhood to load the green bar gets to the very end but never loads the game. It just sits on that page with the cursor still circling (I left my computer for over an hour and came back with it still on that screen).

Any ideas how to fix this?? Thanks!

Hello,

Do you have any CC or mods?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

After updating to 1.55 with manual patch, my game is stuck on the loading screen after selecting a world. Empty Re: After updating to 1.55 with manual patch, my game is stuck on the loading screen after selecting a world.

Post by J.T. Tue 09 Jul 2013, 03:32

gahorseygal wrote:Lots. Like way too many!

Hello,

I believe it's because of your CC/mods. Try to rename The Sims 3 folder in Electronic Arts folder in My Documents. Before that, I would like you to delete the following:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package 

-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 04:30

Deleting the files didn't work but it worked fine when I renamed the folder. So how should I move the mods and CC back over?? Its a lot to re-download so I'd rather not do that. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 09 Jul 2013, 04:37

gahorseygal wrote:Deleting the files didn't work but it worked fine when I renamed the folder. So how should I move the mods and CC back over?? Its a lot to re-download so I'd rather not do that. Thanks!

Hello,

Well, You can install Delphy's Dashboard and check which mods/CC are conflicting with each other. CC Magic is a great way to organise your huge amount of CC/Mods. And you can test which CC/Mods are causing the problems by placing them back to the new Sims 3 folder one by one and run the game once you put one piece of CC/mod back to the new folder.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jul 2013, 03:29

gahorseygal wrote:Deleting the files didn't work but it worked fine when I renamed the folder. So how should I move the mods and CC back over?? Its a lot to re-download so I'd rather not do that. Thanks!

Ok I had the very same problem for the past two days. My game was running fine and then all of the sudden I went to play and it was crashing. My problem naturally was a mod. 99% of the time my problem is with a mod.

How I fixed it:
First I renamed the Sims3 folder and let the game make a new one.
Logged into the game to make sure it worked.
So, then I wanted to add everything that I installed into the game without having to install everything into the game.

I started with all the store and cc stuff I installed in sims pack form.

I went into the Copied Sims 3 folder and went to the DC Cache folder and copied everything into the new Sims3 Dc Cache folder
I did that with all the other folders as well except for the Dc Backup Folder.

Then I tested the game to make sure it was ok.

I went into the Copied Sims3 folder and the mods folder and took out everything in that folder and copied it to a new folder.
I put the Mods folder back into the new Sims 3 folder.

Now, I knew I had to test my mods:
So the only thing I added to the mods folder was the CC stuff like clothes, hair, build and buy stuff.
Then tested the game.

So far it was working but, I use mods so I had to figure out what mod was messing up the game.
So for example I would put one of Shimrod's mods into the folder and start the game..if all was fine I went to the next mod.

After doing this I noticed my problem was the mods I had by Nraas so I knew that was the problem.
I ran the game and it works fine.

Now I have to figure out why his mods was giving me trouble as I was using updated mods..or at least I'm sure I was. I'm going to re-download and install them later.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 11 Jul 2013, 06:09

Hello,

50/50 method is a great way to check if you have huge amount of CC and mods.
After updating to 1.55 with manual patch, my game is stuck on the loading screen after selecting a world. 50pFlowv2
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top