Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuck on startup loading screen after new patch update? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuck on startup loading screen after new patch update? [SOLVED] Empty Stuck on startup loading screen after new patch update? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jun 2017, 22:08

Hello

Ive just downloaded the new patch update and gone to play but it keeps crashing on the loading screen at startup.

Any one know how to fix this? I'm not quite sure if the extra Game_ folder from the temporary toddler fix affects any thing? 

Thanks

Mod edit: moved to the right section.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Stuck on startup loading screen after new patch update? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Stuck on startup loading screen after new patch update? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 07:17

You don't need that toddler fix anymore. I can't link to who advised this but you can try changing the fix to be named as the game_ file and drag&drop the game file from the parenthood gp in and start the game from that file. That worked for me

Back to top Go down

Stuck on startup loading screen after new patch update? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Stuck on startup loading screen after new patch update? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 16:04

HelloLove98 wrote:You don't need that toddler fix anymore. I can't link to who advised this but you can try changing the fix to be named as the game_ file and drag&drop the game file from the parenthood gp in and start the game from that file. That worked for me
Hey thanks, but this didnt work for me. Ive tried with both normal "game" folder and "game_" and it still crashes before startup screen.

Can any one else help with this???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 15:30

stace132 wrote:Hey thanks, but this didnt work for me. Ive tried with both normal "game" folder and "game_" and it still crashes before startup screen.

Can any one else help with this???

Are you running the game from a shortcut or straight from the game folder? The game_ folder which has been renamed, shouldn't be used to run the game. Do you have any mods/CCs installed in your game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 23:52

HI! 

I have the same problem and try everything the forum said and it still doesn't work. 

Now reinstalling for the 3th times just be sure I did everything right...

Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jun 2017, 13:02

Hey so I fixed my issue.... (slowly puts face in palm of hand)...

I didn't realise the new patch update doesn't include the Parenthood game pack. I missed it while I was away at the weekend so only saw the patch update as a new download... 

Of course it works now I have installed the parenthood GP and then the new patch on top of it!

It was a silly mistake of course and I don't normally miss those kind of things so maybe just make it clear that the patch does not include GP05 and that still needs to be downloaded first as its not in the Global announcement section any more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jun 2017, 15:05

@stace132 

Haha yeah, i think a couple of people missed out the parenthood update as well. Since it's been a crazy and busy week for all updates to come out one after another. Glad to hear it's working now! Cheers Very Happy 

@mauudecf

Hi! Just checking, did you miss out on the parenthood game pack too? Else, if you have any mods, take them out before running the game. 

Do open a new thread or join an existing similar one (aside from this) for your problem. 

I'll be closing this thread since the original author's problem has been solved.
Cheers!
Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top