Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bootcamp

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bootcamp Empty Bootcamp

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 14:16

You G4tW monitors & admins are freakin awesome. I haven't had to post MY problem or issues because there have been really good, reasonable-sounding answers to every question & problem I've had... except that none of them worked for me. Two days haunting these forums & the Web. I've tried every version of every cracked TS3, every hack, fix & updater. I've deleted obscure Preferences, mounted ISO's, and .app-wrapped serializers meant for PCs. Which worked, actually - it was the ISO's from the G4tW PC guide, lol! Installed beautifully. I was so excited when the loading movie started! ..but then the game just gave me the finger & an "Exception Raised" for my trouble. Sad  Nothing has actually worked for me.

Phoebe -I read the directions. I swear. Wink 

I followed them all to the letter – until I ran into a problem. The "MUST READ!!!" guide here starts with "
OK, install the game & all the expansions, and THEN...." - whoooa, that's a big step! The miracle TS3.app goes fine until I have to manually patch it (as directed on this forum) to get around the "This version cannot be updated" error, which finishes the installation, only to have an expansion say "You must have TheSims3 installed". I opened the launcher after moving the .app to Apps. I *watched* the EA folder populate in my Documents. I patched, cracked, dragged & updated in every conceivable order - following FRESH installation attempts with deleted EA Preferences folder & reboot between. At best, the base game gives me "Unexpected Error", or "Exception Raised" if I'm lucky. Maybe flashes a little blue to keep me interested. All seems a lot of hassle for a game that's buggy out of the box. Hasn't worked well for Macs since 2009. EA cracked the Windows version & has been selling it for four years. 
/end rant

Bootcamp/Windows seems like the next good idea. I'm a Mac purist, but I gotta have my Sims. Does anyone here have experience specifically with BC/TS3? I'd love some feedback & advice. On the other hand I'm a Mac power user, a really smart chick and am willing to make a BC/TS3 guide if there isn't one already. And if anybody else is interested Smile 
~~I WILL SIM THIS WEEK!! ~~     i hope.

Back to top Go down

Bootcamp Empty Re: Bootcamp

Post by Admin Fri 19 Jul 2013, 20:09

Hello,

You're very welcome, sorry to hear about your problems though.
First of all, I do not have any Mac knowledge, so please wait for a Mac Helper to reply.
In the meantime, you might want to check out this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11919-exceptioned-raised-possible-fix  and this topic: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t12667-exception-raised-possible-fix-2  for possible fixes for the "Exception Raised" error.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jul 2013, 07:00

Thanks Admin!
I was able to Craigslist a cheap Win-top for Simming while I try to get a native Mac install to work. PCs are so weird, lol - how do you stand it?! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 20 Jul 2013, 14:37

papertigress wrote:Thanks Admin!
I was able to Craigslist a cheap Win-top for Simming while I try to get a native Mac install to work. PCs are so weird, lol - how do you stand it?! Very Happy
Ah, you'll get used to it. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)