Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows 7 on Bootcamp

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows 7 on Bootcamp Empty Windows 7 on Bootcamp

Post by Guest Wed 25 Feb 2015, 21:02

Trying to set up Windows 7 on Bootcamp, and keep getting this error message when I select the .iso file 'Boot Camp only supports Windows 7 or later installation on this platform. Please use an ISO file for Windows 7 or later installation.'... which makes no sense because it is Windows 7 WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I'm using the G4TW's Windows 7 All Editions too. Any thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 on Bootcamp Empty Re: Windows 7 on Bootcamp

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Feb 2015, 22:51

rachelthe3rd wrote:Trying to set up Windows 7 on Bootcamp, and keep getting this error message when I select the .iso file 'Boot Camp only supports Windows 7 or later installation on this platform. Please use an ISO file for Windows 7 or later installation.'... which makes no sense because it is Windows 7 WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I'm using the G4TW's Windows 7 All Editions too. Any thoughts?

//MOVED

Hello again,

Windows 7 on Bootcamp T2L18EA

Are you using the download marked in my screenshot ? This one is the latest version from Games4TheWorld. There is another, older one on the list though. And if I recall correctly, you couldn't (easily) boot from that older version. But the one in my screenshot definitely has this error fixed.

Beyond that, I don't have sufficient knowledge with either Mac or Bootcamp; it might be some sort of "specialty" related to this Bootcamp-thing, but then maybe someone else with better knowledge can help in your case.

WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015, 17:25

Hello again tongue (sorry for posting in the wrong place!)

Yep that's the one I'm using! Cannot figure out why it won't work for me. Hopefully someone with some Bootcamp knowledge can come rescue me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 02:27

rachelthe3rd wrote:Hello again tongue (sorry for posting in the wrong place!)

Yep that's the one I'm using! Cannot figure out why it won't work for me. Hopefully someone with some Bootcamp knowledge can come rescue me!

Hello rachelthe3rd!

Are you still having issues with bootcamp or are you all set? I know that this is a few months old but just wanted to check up and see how you were doing with the issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 12:40

Hi!

I still haven't cracked it yet WhatDidUJustCallMe? still getting the same error. Thanks for asking!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top