Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White Load Screen/Blank Options

View previous topic View next topic Go down

White Load Screen/Blank Options Empty White Load Screen/Blank Options

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jul 2013, 08:10

So I spent a few hours doing a fresh install of all my sim stuff, from base to Island, followed the directions, installed/updated right. I get in game, the first few screens are fine, look great. Soon as it gets to the loading screen it turns into miserable, the bottom text becomes a long smear, and a giant white blob with a blue border appears in the middle of the screen. It loads fine, and then I get to the menu. Then in there, half the stuff is blank, like under options a good chunk of them have no words by them... I've not ever seen this issue, nor anything that seem to help. I've done that whole nuking the documents/EA folder thing, it doesn't work. My graphics drivers are the latest, my GP is an Nvidia 660GTX 2gb, so I'm pretty sure my cards more then sufficient to run it, backed by an Intel 3570k cpu  .. so, other then uninstalling/nuking all traces and trying again. Is there anything else I can do? I'd show a pic of the load screen, but apparently I cannot, so there goes that.

Back to top Go down

White Load Screen/Blank Options Empty Re: White Load Screen/Blank Options

Post by J.T. Sat 20 Jul 2013, 08:22

Hello,

Are you sure you followed correctly the instructions given on this page? If you are sure, tell me the destination folder where you place the #crack of the Ultimate Fix in and also the version of the base game.
If the instructions don't work for you, try the following:
(1) Launch the registry editor by typing regedit in the blank of the Start menu and pressing enter.
(2) Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SOFTWARE >> SIMS >> The Sims 3 and check if the SKU value is 7 and the locale is en_US. If not, correct it.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jul 2013, 11:09

I dont see how changing an SKU registry file will fix a graphical glitch error, but ok thats done.. and  yes I've followed those instructions and did as such.. and put it in Sims3\Game\Bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top