Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Town loads 99% [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Town loads 99% [SOLVED] Empty Town loads 99% [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 17:26

Hi, I'm having a problem loading my town, either saved or brand new. They all load to 99% yet the town never loads. I have tried removing custom content, deleting cache, moving DCCache, moving the entire Sims 3 folder and starting with factory settings, reinstalling, applying the ultimate fix, yet all to no avail. Everything was working fine before the patch.

Back to top Go down

Town loads 99% [SOLVED] Empty Re: Town loads 99% [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Tue 30 Jul 2013, 19:01

How long do you let the game sit on the screen? Sometimes it can take quite a while to load past that point.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 19:05

I've let it load from 10-30 minutes, still nothing. Before it only took 5-10 for the town to load.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 31 Jul 2013, 01:50

Hello,

There are no many options left... If all these doesn't work, that means it's time for a clean reinstallation by Revo Uninstaller (which helps clear registry).
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Aug 2013, 21:01

I've tried full reinstall, it worked. I put it mods and old saves, it worked. I thought everything was working fine now. The next day I tried again it doesn't load up. I removed my Sims 3 folder again, and even a fresh clean world stays at 99% loading for 20+ minutes. This was never problem before the patch.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 09 Aug 2013, 21:05

strike95 wrote:I've tried full reinstall, it worked. I put it mods and old saves, it worked. I thought everything was working fine now. The next day I tried again it doesn't load up. I removed my Sims 3 folder again, and even a fresh clean world stays at 99% loading for 20+ minutes. This was never problem before the patch.

Hello,

I need to think about that problem, but does this only happen in a particular town - or in every town ?

Also, does it make a difference, if you, at the main menu, go into "options" and lower the in-game graphics settings ?

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Aug 2013, 21:41

I've put my settings on low, no changes. This happens with any town I choose.

//EDIT

I usually always Alt+Tab during loading screen because it takes quite some time, however my friend recommended I just wait on the loading screen. It takes a while, but it loads. However before I was able to Alt+Tab but now when I do it doesn't load. Either way I can play the game now.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 17 Aug 2013, 08:45

Hello,

Alt-tabbing is the reason why you can't load the world. It is always suggested that we shouldn't alt-tab while loading (as Fields always suggest).
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Aug 2013, 11:13

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

Alt-tabbing is the reason why you can't load the world. It is always suggested that we shouldn't alt-tab while loading (as Fields always suggest).

Interesting, because when I tab out (while loading the game), I never have any problems "returning to the game", but OK. Very Happy  Anyway, as this problem seems to be solved now, I will close this topic.

- Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top