Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blank box on choosing the town, when right option chosen, the game crashes after it loads a bit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blank box on choosing the town, when right option chosen, the game crashes after it loads a bit Empty Blank box on choosing the town, when right option chosen, the game crashes after it loads a bit

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 14:02

Hello, just before I could post one more thing, the topic was closed... sorry to bother you people again... Help
I just had the crack problem of using some outdated copy from the Sims 3 Complete

When I applied the new crack, it allows me to continue further in the game up to the choosing the town... however when I try to choose one, it gives me a blank box with two options and a possibility to put a tick on there... if I choose the left blank option, nothing happens and I am back to choosing the town... if I choose the right blank option, it will let me proceed further and the town starts loading... but then the game crashes and windows tells me that the game stopped working...

Any advice?

I just thought maybe the other files in the Sims 3 Complete could have also been outdated, just as the crack?

Back to top Go down

Blank box on choosing the town, when right option chosen, the game crashes after it loads a bit Empty Re: Blank box on choosing the town, when right option chosen, the game crashes after it loads a bit

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 14:05

Very possible. This is one of those situations where even I would reinstall (and I -hate- reinstalling stuff that can be fixed otherwise).

Back to top Go down

Blank box on choosing the town, when right option chosen, the game crashes after it loads a bit Empty Re: Blank box on choosing the town, when right option chosen, the game crashes after it loads a bit

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 14:09

So just to be sure... uninstall... reinstall and apply the fixes in the folder you provided a few minutes ago?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 14:21

I did that before and it did not work at all... the only progress I got when I installed the Sims 3, then applied the manual patch and then installed the other games and fixes and then the crack... but what the must read page says is to install The Sims 3, then all the other ones, then apply the patch, then teh fix and then the crack...

Or am I misunderstanding something?

And please, do not close this thread yet... I want to check it works and let you know when I am absolutely sure... ok?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 14:25

You're cracking when you apply the ultimate fix, otherwise sounds good to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 14:30

Wait... I am asking which one is correct Very Happy

The Must Read page says:
1. install Sims 3 and all other expansions
2. update
3. apply fix (according to the video)
4. apply no cd crack

It does not work for me that way, so I tried:
1. Install Sims 3
2. update
3. Install expansions
4. apply fix (according to the video)
5. apply no cd crack

I guess I will try what is in the Fix folder instead the one I got with the torrents... But which instructions should be right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 14:32

Which expansions do you plan to play?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 14:35

Well, I'd like to use all, but so far I would use those up to Town Life Stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 14:38

I just noticed that the files in the FIx folder you said is correct are much more recent than the ones I applied, then that should definitely be the problem... I will let you know how it went when I finish all the uninstalling and installing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 14:40

If you're going for all, this is my recommended method:

Install
- Install base game
- Install Seasons (put here so that your base game will be updated to latest on-disc version, without needing to update for each expansion installed)
- Install everything else (order doesn't matter)

Patch
- Run the manual patch

Crack
- Using the files/instructions in the Ultimate Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 14:44

hmm then I better get on downloading the stuff before Seasons (and Seasons)... Ok, thanks, keep the thread open please! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 18 Dec 2012, 15:54

Hello,

There's no need to rush, you can install other expansions later without problems. It should also be perfectly fine to install up to Town Life Stuff. Simply run the manual patch after you install the base game, and again when you finish installing everything. Then apply the fix (with the exception of step 11) and finally the crack from the fix.

My guess is that you had no text showing at all? The first screen you mention with 2 blank options reminds me of the prompt to log in to use the online features. That's not needed to play though. Did you install the game in English?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 18:45

When I tried to install the manual patch, it told me that the game already has this version... should I still proceed?

Also one thing that is not really clear... should we install Origin or not (I assumed that no, but just making sure)

//EDIT

@ Lady ElDi : Before I read your post I have already installed Seasons and some other expansions... Smile

Yes, I installed in English, though I was considering learning some new language, but maybe some other time (plus I think you can change the language later)

Yes, no text showing at all is what I meant with a blank box...

So... now, I have almost all installed (apart from Katy Perry's sweet treats, Pets, Diesel Stuff, Master Suite Stuff)... should I run the manual patch again (even though it tells me my game is up to date?)

And then apply the Fix according the instructions

And the Crack, correct?

And where is the step where you add the Store items?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 18 Dec 2012, 19:15

Hello,

It's recommended to run the patch again because it fixes some issues with the expansions as well.
Installing the store updates is totally unrelated, you can do that at any time before or after cracking.
You don't need to install Origin.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top