Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Crashes when loading Neighborhood

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Crashes when loading Neighborhood Empty Sims 3 Crashes when loading Neighborhood

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 01:02

So I have a few retail copies of the Sims 3 (Base Game, Ambitions, Diesel Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff, Generations, High End Loft Stuff, Late Night, Master Suite Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Pets, Seasons, Supernatrual, Town Life Stuff, and University Life) the rest of the expansions/stuff packs that I don't have I've installed from here.

I installed everything within the past two days, including store updates, mods, etc. I did the update just fine before I actually got the Ultimate Fix, then I did a force re-update with the manual patch after going through the steps for the Ultimate Fix. [Question: Did I need to place all the files from the fix or just the crack in my case? I went through the whole instructions and it works fine without my mods folder.]

Everything works fine without my mods folder, but I had it working with it last night (pop-up explaining I have some overrides installed such as NRAAS/AwesomeMod) and instead of playing I defragged and went to bed. Tried to play the game again and it would crash immediately a few times, then it'd go to the main menu then crash after a few seconds of waiting, or once the green bar actually starts moving. Happens with all neighborhoods - this one so happens to be one I saved before getting off the game, majority of my mods are just clothing/makeup/sliders/houses/worlds. I have all the meshes needed and my Resource.cfg is up-to-date, as well as all my Overrides.

Any suggestions on what the issue could be? I don't even think my ErrorTrap is working because the mod window isn't popping up.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Crashes when loading Neighborhood Empty Re: Sims 3 Crashes when loading Neighborhood

Post by J.T. Thu 01 Aug 2013, 04:25

Hello,

Is Errortrap up-to-date? Have you even updated your mods? As for CC (package files), avoid downloading them from third parties as they may create problems. Download ONLY CC released by EA (which can be found (for free) in www.games4theworlddownloads.org)

Last edited by cat2006house on Thu 01 Aug 2013, 09:58; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Crashes when loading Neighborhood Empty Re: Sims 3 Crashes when loading Neighborhood

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 05:16

I just downloaded the game, so yes, the mods are up-to-date as I didn't have anything downloaded prior to the game being downloaded. And ModTheSims is a good site for downloading custom content made by others and has never given me any problems before (since I'm just redownloading old mods I used previously on other computers). I've also stated that I've downloaded all the store content from here as well, so I have all that.

However that doesn't help me fix my CTD issue... Though as an update, with my Mods folder renamed the game works fine but crashes with Up-to-date NRaas/AwesomeMod downloads? I've even uninstalled Island Paradise to see if it might've been the culprit but it wasn't as it didn't stop the CTD's.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 01 Aug 2013, 05:49

The only way I can think of to fix this is going through your mods folder. Since you've said a few times that the game works fine without it. So, make a copy of your mods folder, and put your .packages back into the game in groups of 10 or so. When the game starts crashing again, you know that the issue is in the most recent group, and you just continue to narrow it down each time.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 09:26

Going through my mods might take a bit, as most of them are linked to custom Sims.

I'll update if it works or if I find what's up. So far I've added NRaas and AwesomeMod back tot he game without any issues, all my SavedSims/InstalledWorlds are working as intended as well.

Also earlier I tried this with just my CAS related packages, it might be something in there causing the CTD's but for now I'm testing all my Overrides first.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 01 Aug 2013, 09:59

Hello,

In order to facilitate checking, I suggest you apply this method:
Sims 3 Crashes when loading Neighborhood 50pFlowv2
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Aug 2013, 23:03

I think at this point the majority of the mods I've downloaded for my Sims (so they look the way they were intended) are out of date somehow, lol. Really only the mods in my override folder are OK for play without any crashing, which is sad - sadly.

And that chart really made my head hurt, but it's what I was doing. I divided them all into folders going by Ten's and placed the folder in packages and dissected the folders from the inside if it didn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 03 Aug 2013, 03:07

Leech wrote:I think at this point the majority of the mods I've downloaded for my Sims (so they look the way they were intended) are out of date somehow, lol. Really only the mods in my override folder are OK for play without any crashing, which is sad - sadly.

And that chart really made my head hurt, but it's what I was doing. I divided them all into folders going by Ten's and placed the folder in packages and dissected the folders from the inside if it didn't work.

Now, just a quick question. You're saying that you have mods in your override folder. What all do you have in there?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Aug 2013, 07:18

Delphy's Sliders, Johna's Sliders, NRaas (MasterController, ErrorTrap, Career, HomeOpener, GoHere, Consigner, Saver, Overwatch, OnceRead, Shooless, SleepFreedom, StoryProgression, Traffic, and Woohooer), a UI mod for CAS to add more mole placements, a mod that keeps pets from following sims, and asking random sims to brush them. I also have a mod that fixes the brass bed mask so it doesn't have the mattress look versus the brass and a Nose Septum slider.

I can upload the folder itself if you'd like to further investigate it. I also had a nointro mod but with it it kept the pop-up in the main menu from appearing telling me about my overrides.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 06 Aug 2013, 01:32

Leech wrote:Delphy's Sliders, Johna's Sliders, NRaas (MasterController, ErrorTrap, Career, HomeOpener, GoHere, Consigner, Saver, Overwatch, OnceRead, Shooless, SleepFreedom, StoryProgression, Traffic, and Woohooer), a UI mod for CAS to add more mole placements, a mod that keeps pets from following sims, and asking random sims to brush them. I also have a mod that fixes the brass bed mask so it doesn't have the mattress look versus the brass and a Nose Septum slider.

I can upload the folder itself if you'd like to further investigate it. I also had a nointro mod but with it it kept the pop-up in the main menu from appearing telling me about my overrides.

Hello,

I finally know why Errortrap and other mods doesn't work for you. You place them in wrong folder. Instead of Mods/Overrrides, it should be Mods/Package.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Aug 2013, 06:29

Hm, if folder name/placement really matter.. that's weird. Well I'll try it. I haven't tried getting on the game since I removed all my mods (other than those listed above).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top