Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sims 3 crashing at the neighborhood loading screen. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sims 3 crashing at the neighborhood loading screen. [SOLVED] Empty sims 3 crashing at the neighborhood loading screen. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 20:00

hey guys how u hanging? I'm new here and I have a question
I've downloaded the torrents of sims 3, university life generations into the future seasons and recently island paradise and after installing Island paradise just about now the game crashes in the neighborhood loading scene what should I do?
btw no mode is installed

Back to top Go down

sims 3 crashing at the neighborhood loading screen. [SOLVED] Empty Re: sims 3 crashing at the neighborhood loading screen. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 20:05

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Have you checked out this post? Please read the instructions and see if they work for you:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Please try them all and let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

sims 3 crashing at the neighborhood loading screen. [SOLVED] Empty Re: sims 3 crashing at the neighborhood loading screen. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 20:13

btw I just uninstalled island paradise and nothing changed

//EDIT

I'll try and will keep you posted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 20:15

arian18toto wrote:btw I just uninstalled island paradise and nothing changed

arian18toto wrote:I'll try and will keep you posted

One recommendation: please don't double post. You can edit the first of these posts to add more information by clicking "Edit" at the top of it. Sorry, it's against the forum rules. Wink

Oh, and please do! If something goes wrong, we can try to help you out. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 20:50

ok ok Very Happy I tried it didn't work and I have to say I was playing this morning I have no idea what happened

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 21:13

arian18toto wrote:ok ok Very Happy I tried it didn't work and I have to say I was playing this morning I have no idea what happened

Are you sure you tried all of the suggestions? Did you add all of the .exe files from the location stated to the DEP?

Also, remember to use the 4GB Patch if it applies to you. Smile

What are your system specs? Is it 32 or 64 bit?

Last edited by SeoY on Sun 21 Sep 2014, 21:16; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 21:15

64 bit  and oh.. the 4gb doesn't apply
It's really annoying  I'm thinking reinstalling everything

Last edited by arian18toto on Sun 21 Sep 2014, 21:20; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 21:18

arian18toto wrote:64 bit  and oh.. the 4gb doesn't apply

Just want to confirm something. After you installed Island Paradise, did you re-do the Steps 2-4 from this guide?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Also, are you sure that your PC can handle that amount of EPs? Please post your system specifications for us to take a look. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 21:23

win 7 ultimate
cpu: Intel core i5 4670
8gb RAm
64bit op system
AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
and after the problem I uninstalled island paradise. It's still the same

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 21:33

arian18toto wrote:win 7 ultimate
cpu: Intel core i5 4670
8gb RAm
64bit op system
AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
and after the problem I uninstalled island paradise. It's still the same

Well, it seems that you indeed can use the 4GB Patch. You should apply it.
Also, you didn't answer me if you added all of the .exe files to the DEP. Did you?

And, does it crash with no error? Or does it say something after the crash?

Even if you uninstalled Island Paradise, you should repeat the Steps #2-4 of the guide anyway. Here it is again:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Please, try all of this and let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 21:37

I'm trying... It just says program not responding

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 21:51

arian18toto wrote:I'm trying... It just says program not responding

What program, exactly? Make sure that the game or launcher aren't running on the background before attempting any of this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 22:04

I made sure before doing it btw DEP didn't work by program  I mean the game itself

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 22:30

arian18toto wrote:I made sure before doing it btw DEP didn't work by program  I mean the game itself

Another thing you can try is to delete the cache files from this location Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
The files are as follows:

CASPartCache.package
SimCompositorCache.package
compositorCache.package
ScriptCache.package
SocialCache.package

Delete the contents of the WorldCache folder, and from the Thumbnails folder, too.
Also make sure that the CurrentGame.sims3 folder is empty. Then, try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 07:36

naaaaaaah nothin happened

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 14:15

arian18toto wrote:naaaaaaah nothin happened

Could you please tell us the steps you followed? So we can know what hasn't worked so far. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 16:48

gimme some more time I'll keep you posted
and a question. Should I apply the ultimate fix after each time I install a new game?
and btw I did step 2 to 4 worked perfectly I'm good to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 19:18

arian18toto wrote:gimme some more time I'll keep you posted
and a question. Should I apply the ultimate fix after each time I install a new game?
and btw I did step 2 to 4 worked perfectly I'm good to go.

Yes, it's recommended that you apply the Ultimate Fix after installing a new EP. Sometimes it isn't necessary, but you can do it to avoid some errors that may occur. 

And it's good to hear that! So, is your problem solved now? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 19:19

YUP MY SIMS IS CHILLIN' AT T HE BEACH NOW Smile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 19:34

Glad to hear.
I will close this topic now, please open a new one should you need any help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top