Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I bought the base game, installed from GT4W, ultimate fix still needed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I bought the base game, installed from GT4W, ultimate fix still needed? Empty I bought the base game, installed from GT4W, ultimate fix still needed?

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 03:07

Title says it all?

Back to top Go down

I bought the base game, installed from GT4W, ultimate fix still needed? Empty Re: I bought the base game, installed from GT4W, ultimate fix still needed?

Post by J.T. Thu 01 Aug 2013, 04:12

Hello,

If you have bought the base game and you only have this installed, you don't need the Ultimate Fix. However, if you want to install other expansions from G4TW, you will need the Ultimate Fix.

Last edited by cat2006house on Thu 01 Aug 2013, 04:14; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

I bought the base game, installed from GT4W, ultimate fix still needed? Empty Re: I bought the base game, installed from GT4W, ultimate fix still needed?

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 04:14

i tried, and i did every step and it didn't work. where is the origin basegame folder located on mac?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 01 Aug 2013, 04:18

Hello,

Have you manually patched your game to the latest version (1.55) before applying the Ultimate Fix? The correct directory of applying the #crack in the Ultimate Fix (you only need the contents of this folder) should be Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Origin Games/The Sims 3/Game/Bin.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 08:32

i followed the instructions to the letter, and i'm still getting the disk whatever failure "please insert showtime disc" message. what am i doing wrong? i should've never spent 20 bucks on this stupid game

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 01 Aug 2013, 09:55

VanessaChilliams2 wrote:i followed the instructions to the letter, and i'm still getting the disk whatever failure "please insert showtime disc" message. what am i doing wrong? i should've never spent 20 bucks on this stupid game

Hello,

Are you certain you have followed correctly the installation guide in Mac's Ultimate Fix (not pc's one)?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 10:51

hi, yes i did.

i installed the base game from the download from origin. i applied the manual patch provided here as an alternate way of updating because the other direct way wasn't going through. i then converted the expansions to dmg and installed it, applied, copied and pasted from the folders in the ultimate fix, and then applied the crack. 

i've done this numerous times on pc, but im having the most problems now on my new mac.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Tue 17 Sep 2013, 03:44

Hello, are you still having an issue?

I have read somewhere that the base game from origin is not compatible.. Please let me know if you are still facing problems installing on a mac and I will do my best to help you. Very Happy
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Oct 2013, 05:22

hi, no i am not. I installed boot camp windows 7. works now as usual.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sat 19 Oct 2013, 05:26

Thank you for updating us! Enjoy your game! If you ever wish to install on mac again don't hesitate to contact us. We'll try our very best to help. Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top