Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After installing all packs upto showtime cannot play sims 3. help?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

After installing all packs upto showtime cannot play sims 3. help?! Empty After installing all packs upto showtime cannot play sims 3. help?!

Post by Guest Wed 07 Aug 2013, 18:30

I've read the webpages and searched through this website so many times to find a solution but i'm coming up blank here. I previously had a problem with my launcher, it wouldn't load, so i couldn't update my base game, then it kept asking to insert master suite stuff disc but i uninstalled and reinstalled master suite and the launcher is now working. But alas my problems are not solved... I installed all packs up to sims 3 showtime and now when i press play (or the TSW.exe shortcut) a box pops up saying 'sims 3 has stopped working'. The latest crack is in the base game installation bin folder, i just don't understand why it isn't working. 

I'm running with windows 7 home premium on an acer aspire 5551 with an AMD II P320 dual-core processer 2.10 Ghz and a 64-bit operating system.

Thanks for the help if you get back to me.
Jessica.

Back to top Go down

After installing all packs upto showtime cannot play sims 3. help?! Empty Re: After installing all packs upto showtime cannot play sims 3. help?!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 07 Aug 2013, 18:36

jessicarharris wrote:I've read the webpages and searched through this website so many times to find a solution but i'm coming up blank here. I previously had a problem with my launcher, it wouldn't load, so i couldn't update my base game, then it kept asking to insert master suite stuff disc but i uninstalled and reinstalled master suite and the launcher is now working. But alas my problems are not solved... I installed all packs up to sims 3 showtime and now when i press play (or the TSW.exe shortcut) a box pops up saying 'sims 3 has stopped working'. The latest crack is in the base game installation bin folder, i just don't understand why it isn't working. 

I'm running with windows 7 home premium on an acer aspire 5551 with an AMD II P320 dual-core processer 2.10 Ghz and a 64-bit operating system.

Jessica.

Hello,

How did you update and crack your game ?

Re-apply the manual patch, available from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch

After that, (re-)download the "Ultimate fix": https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

It's enough when you only copy the two files that are inside of the #crack-folder in the Ultimate fix. These two files are TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll. Copy these files to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Replace the existing files, of course.

And: don't use any other cracks besides the two files that I told you just above. I also recommend you start the game with the TS3W.exe, because the launcher seems to have quite a lot of bugs, since the 1.55 patch was released.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

After installing all packs upto showtime cannot play sims 3. help?! Empty Re: After installing all packs upto showtime cannot play sims 3. help?!

Post by Guest Wed 07 Aug 2013, 18:41

Carlos G. wrote:
jessicarharris wrote:I've read the webpages and searched through this website so many times to find a solution but i'm coming up blank here. I previously had a problem with my launcher, it wouldn't load, so i couldn't update my base game, then it kept asking to insert master suite stuff disc but i uninstalled and reinstalled master suite and the launcher is now working. But alas my problems are not solved... I installed all packs up to sims 3 showtime and now when i press play (or the TSW.exe shortcut) a box pops up saying 'sims 3 has stopped working'. The latest crack is in the base game installation bin folder, i just don't understand why it isn't working. 

Jessica.

Hello,

How did you update and crack your game ?

Re-apply the manual patch, available from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch

After that, (re-)download the "Ultimate fix": https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

It's enough when you only copy the two files that are inside of the #crack-folder in the Ultimate fix. These two files are TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll. Copy these files to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Replace the existing files, of course.

And: don't use any other cracks besides the two files that I told you just above. I also recommend you start the game with the TS3W.exe, because the launcher seems to have quite a lot of bugs, since the 1.55 patch was released.

Good luck !
Thank you, I will try this now. Do I need to delete any other files from the bin folder? Or do you have a file list for the bin folder so I know what needs to be in there and what doesn't? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 07 Aug 2013, 18:46

jessicarharris wrote:
Thank you, I will try this now. Do I need to delete any other files from the bin folder? Or do you have a file list for the bin folder so I know what needs to be in there and what doesn't? Thanks!

As soon as you try to "paste" the two files from the #crack folder (of the Ultimate fix) to the base game location, you will (most likely) get a pop-up, asking if you want to "replace the existing files". Click "replace all" (or whatever the exact wording in English might be - my OS is not in English). Now, you have replaced the old files with the new ones from the Ultimate fix. Wink 

You don't need to replace anything else.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Aug 2013, 19:39

Carlos G. wrote:
jessicarharris wrote:

As soon as you try to "paste" the two files from the #crack folder (of the Ultimate fix) to the base game location, you will (most likely) get a pop-up, asking if you want to "replace the existing files". Click "replace all" (or whatever the exact wording in English might be - my OS is not in English). Now, you have replaced the old files with the new ones from the Ultimate fix. Wink 

Unfortunately this didn't work. The screen went black asif it was loading the game, then the same 'sims 3 stopped working' box came up. Any other ideas as to how I can fix this? Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Aug 2013, 19:58

Did you try renaming ''The Sims 3'' folder in ''Electronic Arts'' in ''Documents'' toanything else. Renaming this folder is like a backup for it, better from deleting the folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 08 Aug 2013, 00:57

jessicarharris wrote:
Carlos G. wrote:
jessicarharris wrote:

Unfortunately this didn't work. The screen went black asif it was loading the game, then the same 'sims 3 stopped working' box came up. Any other ideas as to how I can fix this? Thanks.

Hello,

I am guessing you've done something wrong during installation. Did you follow the installation guides inside the torrents or follow the instructions here?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Aug 2013, 14:58

cat2006house wrote:
jessicarharris wrote:
Carlos G. wrote:
jessicarharris wrote:

Hello,

I am guessing you've done something wrong during installation. Did you follow the installation guides inside the torrents or follow the instructions here?
 Thanks for getting back to me again, i've got a day to kill so i'll uninstall all my games and reinstall them. fingers crossed it'll make them work Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top