Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Island Paradise crashed my game. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Island Paradise crashed my game. [SOLVED] Empty Island Paradise crashed my game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 09:45

I recently updated my game thru g4w, then downloaded Island Paradise as well as Ultimate fix. When I went to go play the game it did the black screen then minimized it so i maximized it and it went to the loading screen and crashed. and after about an hour of this non sense and reading threads/etc i decided to uninstall it, and now it just continues to crash....heeeeeeelp before i esssplode.

Back to top Go down

Island Paradise crashed my game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Island Paradise crashed my game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 10:41

Hello

Try this.

Back to top Go down

Island Paradise crashed my game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Island Paradise crashed my game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 10:52

already did Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Aug 2013, 11:50

GrindhouseBarbie wrote:already did Sad
Hello,

Can you try this ? Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3" (example: "The Sims 3_backup"). Then try starting the game again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 12:16

i did that as well all my cc disappeared as well as my saves, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Aug 2013, 12:37

GrindhouseBarbie wrote:i did that as well all my cc disappeared as well as my saves, etc.
Obviously you managed to start the game, otherwise you wouldn't have realized that your old stuff is gone. The fact that the game starts is good - that's what I wanted to know. Wink

Now: go back to your old (renamed) "The Sims 3" folder, and copy the following things:

1) The folder "Saves"
2) The folder DCCache
3) the folder Installed Worlds
4) The folder Downloads
5) The folder Mods

And then you paste all of it into your NEW "The Sims 3" folder. See if your game works then. By the way: you made sure that all your mods are compatible with your current base game version ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2013, 20:51

after a few adjustments that worked. my dccache folder was m.i.a, weird. but its working. thanks a ton!

Moderator edit: Alright, then. I will close the topic now.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top