Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Island Paradise. Problems with launcher and loading game. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Island Paradise. Problems with launcher and loading game. [SOLVED] Empty Island Paradise. Problems with launcher and loading game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jul 2013, 05:13

I'm not even joking when I say I've been at least four days trying to fix this. So my cc stop the game from loading, it loads halfway then crashes. However without it, not all my downloads show up either. So after two days of downloading multiple resource files, downloading the ultimate fixes and clearing the cache's, I finally decided to unistall all my games then re-install them. Baring in mind, I updated all my mods and all my CC is merged. 

So yeah I reinstall them, which wasn't worth it considering now I have two issues. While trying to download the downloads from the launcher, it crashes and it still crashes through the loading screen.

I am legit on the verge of ripping my hair out. I'm not really happy to play without my CC, otherwise I wouldn't play at all to be honest. Any other tips? Help

Back to top Go down

Island Paradise. Problems with launcher and loading game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Island Paradise. Problems with launcher and loading game. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 11 Jul 2013, 05:37

Chloexox wrote:I'm not even joking when I say I've been at least four days trying to fix this. So my cc stop the game from loading, it loads halfway then crashes. However without it, not all my downloads show up either. So after two days of downloading multiple resource files, downloading the ultimate fixes and clearing the cache's, I finally decided to unistall all my games then re-install them. Baring in mind, I updated all my mods and all my CC is merged. 

So yeah I reinstall them, which wasn't worth it considering now I have two issues. While trying to download the downloads from the launcher, it crashes and it still crashes through the loading screen.

I am legit on the verge of ripping my hair out. I'm not really happy to play without my CC, otherwise I wouldn't play at all to be honest. Any other tips? Help

Hello there,

I hope you didn't do that, but normally, you are not supposed to merge mods (= little "additions" which allow you to change certain in-game functions). You should only do that with CC like hairstyles, clothing, make-up, buy/build-mode-items and so on. And in fact you should only consider merging things when you have lots of CC.

Like I already said (in another topic here): most CC creators of hair, clothing, etc. don't bother to update their stuff so that they fit with new game updates; these creators just want their "10 minutes of fame" - and that's it. Keep in mind that this is just a theory of me, since I still have no idea why the CC doesn't show up for quite a few people here.

At first I suggest you remove all your ".sims3packs" again: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

My next suggestion: the only ".sims3packs" that are absolutely safe to download and install are the official "store items"; look here: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/  There you go to "The Sims 3", then to "store updates". While this may sound a bit radical, I suggest you avoid all other .sims3packs which are not "official store items".

If you have trouble installing ".sims3pack" files with the launcher, then you might try a tool called "CC Magic": http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=461888

If you also have CC in the ."package" file format (those that are in the location My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages), then I suggest you go to that "Packages" folder - and for now remove all the contents; we will deal with that later on (or maybe another Helper can assist you with that if I'm not here).

Good luck for now !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Island Paradise. Problems with launcher and loading game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Island Paradise. Problems with launcher and loading game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:10

Carlos G. wrote:
Chloexox wrote:I'm not even joking when I say I've been at least four days trying to fix this. So my cc stop the game from loading, it loads halfway then crashes. However without it, not all my downloads show up either. So after two days of downloading multiple resource files, downloading the ultimate fixes and clearing the cache's, I finally decided to unistall all my games then re-install them. Baring in mind, I updated all my mods and all my CC is merged. 

Hello there,

I hope you didn't do that, but normally, you are not supposed to merge mods (= little "additions" which allow you to change certain in-game functions). You should only do that with CC like hairstyles, clothing, make-up, buy/build-mode-items and so on. And in fact you should only consider merging things when you have lots of CC.

Like I already said (in another topic here): most CC creators of hair, clothing, etc. don't bother to update their stuff so that they fit with new game updates; these creators just want their "10 minutes of fame" - and that's it. Keep in mind that this is just a theory of me, since I still have no idea why the CC doesn't show up for quite a few people here.

At first I suggest you remove all your ".sims3packs" again: 

My next suggestion: the only ".sims3packs" that are absolutely safe to download and install are the official "store items"; look here: /  There you go to "The Sims 3", then to "store updates". While this may sound a bit radical, I suggest you avoid all other .sims3packs which are not "official store items".

If you have trouble installing ".sims3pack" files with the launcher, then you might try a tool called "CC Magic": 

If you also have CC in the ."package" file format (those that are in the location My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages), then I suggest you go to that "Packages" folder - and for now remove all the contents; we will deal with that later on (or maybe another Helper can assist you with that if I'm not here).

Good luck for now !

Thank you for taking the time to write that Smile

Luckily no - I don't merge mods, I did once and I learnt my lesson haha. I'm going to try starting the game up with one package file at a time, although I think the game not starting with the packages has something to do with the resource file as last time I took every package file out but left that resource in, and it wouldn't load. 

I never knew clothes/hairs had to be updated o_O 

Well either way, I'm just as confused as I've had these packages for ages and only now with this expansion have it's been making a problem. So yeah I'm going to try everything you said and I'll tell you how it goes, thank you.

//EDIT

Okay so one of the problems is fixed now thanks to CC magic, the launcher can now download. So thank you! I'm about to try starting my game with just one package file, the no intro one..it's confusing though because it always works even when the loading screen crashes.

//EDIT

Problem solved, my CC is now working!

//LOCKED
Shamrock

Last edited by Shamrock on Fri 12 Jul 2013, 14:07; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Solved)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top