Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issuses with The Book of Spells

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issuses with The Book of Spells Empty Issuses with The Book of Spells

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 00:18

UPDATE NOTE: My previous post was deleted due to user error (I clicked the wrong icon and said yes by mistake) and since I prewrite all my posts in MSword I was able to retrieve all my info). Hopefully someone will have an idea because I'm all out of ideas?

Here's another recent glitch that just happened for the first time. I went to have my witch review spells (I knew she had already learned them) and the review option wasn't available, no big deal, I just clicked on the "Learn Spell" and then "Enchant".

She went to read the spell book, with the skill meter rising. When it got full, there was confetti and then she reset at the front door. I thought maybe that was just an isolated glitch. I went to the cauldron to enchant it, but did not have that option.

Back at the spell book, the same option was available, only "Learn". I tried other spells and the results were the same, suddenly transported to the front door.

I tried non-witches and got the same results.

Nothing new had been added and I used it the book before. I went as far as to delete the spell book. Save game. Exit game. Cleared caches. Reentered game. Rebought the Book O' Spells and still the same glitch.

:EDIT I removed all the MODs (all 6 of them) and I only kept the store fixes related files. Cleared all cache and tried the game again. Now instead of teleporting at the front door, my sims are slightly teleported to the side of the book and they accomplished only 45% of the learning the spell. I had the sim to "finish" learning the spell and the same thing happened, and still with 45% learned. It was like this for all the spells, BUT the previous spell lost it's 45%. Example: I had 45% learned of Enchantment, then I tried Summon and gained only 45%. Decided to go back to Enchanted and there was no 45% finished-had to start all over without finishing.

Everything is up to date and I have not had this problem before and it does this in all my worlds. Issuses with The Book of Spells Icon_eek

EDIT 2: I reinstalled the spell book and reinstalled the store fixes and my sims still gets teleported off to the side of the book? I know this is an older issue and I did check into those "fixes", but it didn't work. Not sure what to do?

Back to top Go down

Issuses with The Book of Spells Empty Re: Issuses with The Book of Spells

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 01:24

Redownload the file? And Install it with store fixes? And make sure you download it from G4TWD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 02:16

Not sure on what you are asking Joker? Are you asking if I redownloaded and reinstalled? If so, yes. And I do use G4THW items or Items from Racheltookbox.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 02:34

lol I'm not asking. I am just telling.

What about clearing caches? did you clear them? and if you use the magic skill mod, delete it.

Are you sure you are putting the fixes in the right direction?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 03:20

Joker wrote:
lol I'm not asking. I am just telling.

What about clearing caches? did you clear them? and if you use the magic skill mod, delete it.

Are you sure you are putting the fixes in the right direction?

I cleared the caches. I am only using the nointro mod now. I even took it out and nothing different happened.

As I stated, it was working great since I had it and I don't understand why now it decided to glitch? Nothing new was added and it worked with the every game add-on, right up to Island Paradise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 03:26

Install CC in one place, like just install them as .sims3pack files or just as .package files. Like this you can install store fixes correctly so you put them in Package folder if they were installed as .sims3pack and in overrides folder if you instal them as .package file.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Aug 2013, 20:15

Joker wrote:Install CC in one place, like just install them as .sims3pack files or just as .package files. Like this you can install store fixes correctly so you put them in Package folder if they were installed as .sims3pack and in overrides folder if you instal them as .package file.
I do have everything where they are suppose to go and I'm positive the fixes are correct too. As I mentioned, the spell book just started to do the teleport thing. I've had no issues with it at all, just only recently. The spell book just broke and I'm trying to figure out how and why now??

Nothing new was added.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top