Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED] Empty Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 19:42

Hello, 

I've made an account as I'm having problems finishing the Sims 3 install process.

''Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)'' is the error I get after applying the fix on Island Paradise.

This is my second attempt since I got the same error at my first. But then I used Razors base game, and probably didn't clean the registry correctly. (I installed an All In One Edition before... but that didn't work.)
So before I installed the base game from you guys I cleaned the registry using regedit and CCleaner.
Then I restarted my PC and deleted all left over folders. (Reg keys and uninstall folders) Basically what is listed on simswiki Game Help: TS3 Uninstall (can't link it)

With the first install I chose to use custom folders (C:\Games\The Sims)
With the second install I just let the program do its work, so it became (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts)

Steps on how I installed it
- Cleaned the registry (deleted everything Sims related as far as I know)
- Restarted my pc
- Installed Games4theworld base game using PowerIso
- Installed the following EP & SP: World Adventures, Ambitions, Outdoor Living Stuff, Generations, Town Life Stuff, Pets, Master Suite, Diesel Stuff and Seasons (all were zipped in their own folders beforehand)
- Applied  the manual patch on the base game (1.55)
- Installled Island Paradise
- Applied the fix by copying & replace the .exe and .dll (base game bin, yes. Razz )
- Started the game (TSW3.exe)

- Pop up: Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

I noticed a few differences between the install attempts though. With the first I only needed to insert a serial code once or twice.
With the second this occured with every expansion or stuff pack, as it should I guess.
And the first time it gave me a black screen (the Sims 3 starting) and then the pop up. 2nd install: Only the pop up.

PC Info:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1 Build 7601)
Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
4 GB RAM
DirectX 11
GeFore GT 640 (3GB)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4

I hope this was enough information... and I really hope someone can help me! Looked forward to playing the sims again. The base game alone (from razor that worked) isn't too much fun haha. Wink

Back to top Go down

Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 23 Aug 2013, 19:49

Hello,

I'm afraid I don't have much more to add to this. But try to re-do the steps from 2 to 4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Re-boot the computer again. And then, please delete your "custom folders", namely this C:\Games\...  if you haven't done that yet.

Then try again to start the game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 19:57

Thankyou for your fast reply, I'll give it a try.

and those folders have been deleted already. Smile

EDIT: 
Re-applied the manual patch (said it was installed already) and the fix. Restarted my PC.
Clicked 'Run as administrator' and still gitting the error. :c

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 24 Aug 2013, 01:13

Hello,

PowerISO may not be the suitable tool for mounting The Sims 3 base game virtual discs. Can you try reinstalling and cleaning your registries? Remember to use Daemon Tools Lite this time. Before trying that, please make sure you have applied the Ultimate Fix correcly, instead of copying and pasting the content of "All expansion packs released after and including Generations" folder, you should drag and drop the content of "#crack" folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Last edited by cat2006house on Sat 24 Aug 2013, 10:07; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 10:06

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

PowerISO may not be the suitable tools for mounting The Sims 3 base game virtual discs. Can you try reinstalling and cleaning your registries? Remember to use Daemon Tools Lite this time. Before trying that, please make sure you have applied the Ultimate Fix correcly, instead of copying and pasting the content of "All expansion packs released after and including Generations" folder, you should drag and drop the content of "#crack" folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
What's the difference between those two though ? I mean... if it mounts, it mounts. But I'll try it.

And don't worry I never touched that folder. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 24 Aug 2013, 10:08

nurbeidir wrote:

PowerISO may not be the suitable tools for mounting The Sims 3 base game virtual discs. Can you try reinstalling and cleaning your registries? Remember to use Daemon Tools Lite this time. Before trying that, please make sure you have applied the Ultimate Fix correcly, instead of copying and pasting the content of "All expansion packs released after and including Generations" folder, you should drag and drop the content of "#crack" folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
What's the difference between those two though ? I mean... if it mounts, it mounts. But I'll try it.

And don't worry I never touched that folder. Wink
Hello,

Because some of the users claimed that they have problems and it turned out they used mounting tools other than Daemon Tools Lite, I think you should give it a shot.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED] Empty Here

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 00:41

here is what to do
1.uninstall ALL Sims 3 expansion sand stuff packs
2.download ccleaner and clear you registry of anything to do with sims3
3.restart pc
4.install games4theworld's version of the sims 3 base game,one of the required    
expansions plus any other expansion you want
5.use manual patch
6.apply ultimate fix
7.PLAY THE GAME:cheers:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 02 Sep 2013, 01:03

gabrielfunkglop wrote:here is what to do
1.uninstall ALL Sims 3 expansion sand stuff packs
2.download ccleaner and clear you registry of anything to do with sims3
3.restart pc
4.install games4theworld's version of the sims 3 base game,one of the required    
expansions plus any other expansion you want
5.use manual patch
6.apply ultimate fix
7.PLAY THE GAME:cheers:
Hello,

Using tools like this "CCleaner" is not what I - personally - recommend, because by doing that, you could damage other parts of the registry, which you certainly don't want to do. Wink

Instead, remove the registry entries manually or use a good Un-install program like "REVO Un-installer" or "Your Un-installer Pro".

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 16:07

Hello again. I didn't have time to retry until now. Smile

I've downloaded a 30 day trial version of REVO Un-installer Pro and so far I've only uninstalled Island Paradise.
Right after I chose for an advanced scan for leftovers and got this

It's not deleting registry keys or ? since it didn't find anything...

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 09 Sep 2013, 16:20

nurbeidir wrote:Hello again. I didn't have time to retry until now. Smile

I've downloaded a 30 day trial version of REVO Un-installer Pro and so far I've only uninstalled Island Paradise.
Right after I chose for an advanced scan for leftovers and got this

It's not deleting registry keys or ? since it didn't find anything...
Hello,

It's nothing to worry about. Just carry on. Did you use Advanced mode to scan registry?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 16:36

It's nothing to worry about. Just carry on. Did you use Advanced mode to scan registry?
Oh okay Smile Yes I did, but nothing got found.

I'm just afraid that in the end there's still undeleted leftovers which make the game not working well.
When I rightclick the program I want to delete (in REVO) it lets me choose to see the registry key, isn't it better to delete that before I actually uninstall the expansion pack? That way I'm sure it's gone.
Or is that a stupid thing to do. Razz  I'm not familiar with such things.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 09 Sep 2013, 16:38

nurbeidir wrote:

Oh okay Smile Yes I did, but nothing got found.

I'm just afraid that in the end there's still undeleted leftovers which make the game not working well.
When I rightclick the program I want to delete (in REVO) it lets me choose to see the registry key, isn't it better to delete that before I actually uninstall the expansion pack? That way I'm sure it's gone.
Or is that a stupid thing to do. Razz  I'm not familiar with such things.
Hello,

No, don't do that. This may make things complicated. This may cause error during uninstallation and you may need to uninstall. Don't worry, when Revo says there is no leftover, there is no leftover.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 16:42

No, don't do that. This may make things complicated. This may cause error during uninstallation and you may need to uninstall. Don't worry, when Revo says there is no leftover, there is no leftover.
Alright, I'll let Revo do its work then. 

Is there anything else I should do or know before I download & use Daemon Tools in order to install everything again ?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 09 Sep 2013, 16:53

nurbeidir wrote:

Alright, I'll let Revo do its work then. 

Is there anything else I should do or know before I download & use Daemon Tools in order to install everything again ?
Hello,

If you are not confident enough to trust Revo, I suggest you have a look at this guide after uninstalling all expansion packs and the base game.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 17:00

If you are not confident enough to trust Revo, I suggest you have a look at this guide after uninstalling all expansion packs and the base game.
Oh I saw that, but I kinda don't want to delete things from the registry manually.

Last question before I install the Sims again : 

Do I need to delete all ticked boxes ? -> image : http://prntscr.com/1qa275

Sorry, I'm just afraid of doing something wrong and ruin my fairly new PC Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 09 Sep 2013, 17:02

nurbeidir wrote:

Oh I saw that, but I kinda don't want to delete things from the registry manually.

Last question before I install the Sims again : 

Do I need to delete all ticked boxes ? -> image : http://prntscr.com/1qa275

Sorry, I'm just afraid of doing something wrong and ruin my fairly new PC Razz
Hello,

Yes you should.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 18:00

I got the same error again...

Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED] Tsht (In Dutch this time, sorry for that)

I did exactly what you guys told me to and followed the guide ):

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Sep 2013, 18:17

nurbeidir wrote:I got the same error again...

Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb). [SOLVED] Tsht (In Dutch this time, sorry for that)

I did exactly what you guys told me to and followed the guide ):
//MOVED

Hello again,

You can basically "repeat" the steps from 2 to 4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

If that doesn't help you, try a manual clean un-install (I know your concerns, but otherwise one of us would have to help you via "TeamViewer"); the following is the best guide on this topic that I know: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Re-boot the computer after that, then go on with un-installing. And take your time when reading the guide.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 18:54

Carlos G. wrote://MOVED

Hello again,

You can basically "repeat" the steps from 2 to 4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

If that doesn't help you, try a manual clean un-install (I know your concerns, but otherwise one of us would have to help you via "TeamViewer"); the following is the best guide on this topic that I know: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Re-boot the computer after that, then go on with un-installing. And take your time when reading the guide.

Good luck !
I see 1.57 is available now... I'll give it a go.
If that doesn't work, can one of you guys help me with uninstalling & installing sometime this week ? 

This was my 3rd attempt and it's getting a bit annoying you see. Razz

//EDIT

Seemt like it was going to start but got the error anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 01:22

This error means broken registry references.
Basically, you've moved something around, and shouldn't have.

You will need to check your registry.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 10 Sep 2013, 05:52

Shamrock wrote:This error means broken registry references.
Basically, you've moved something around, and shouldn't have.

You will need to check your registry.
Hello,

Shamrock means this:

If your pc is 32-bit instead of 64-bit, navigate yourself to this registry folder instead: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> Software >> Sims instead, and delete the unneccessary registry entries according to this video!
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 07:01

My PC is 64 bit but tried it anyway.
I couldn't put my finger on it, like, what I did before that could interfere with the startup process...

Wellll the very first time I installed the sims it was an All in one version and those keys apparently didn't get deleted. Now I've the deleted the keys from expansions I don't have installed and it starts!
Such a simple fix haha

So a big thankyou to you guys. I don't have the time now to actually see if I can get further than just startup but at least the problem is solved so you can mark this thread as solved. Smile Thanks again!

Helper Edit: Problem solved, topic closed.

-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top