Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error 0x0175dcbb "Service initialization failed". [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error 0x0175dcbb "Service initialization failed". [SOLVED] Empty Error 0x0175dcbb "Service initialization failed". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 26 Aug 2013, 21:29

Okay, i'm sorry to make another thread about this but i cannot make the game work and it's driving me crazy. I downloaded the torrents all from g4tw to make sure they're compatible: Base Game, Late Night, Town Life Stuff and Seasons. What i did exactly was this :

-Installed Base Game. Didn't crack it.
-Installed Late Night. Didn't crack it.
-Installed Town Life Stuff. Didn't crack it.
-Updated with the manual patch linked in the "must read" (since the launcher detected that i have an unauthorized copy) to install Seasons
-Installed Seasons. Didn't crack it. 
-Updated again with the patch.
-Replaced the TS3.exe and the TSLHost.dll files in C:\ProgramFiles\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\Game\Bin with the ones from the "Base Game" folder from the Ultimate Fix ( step 3 )
-Replaced the TS3EP03.exe and the TSLHost.dll files in C:\ProgramFiles\ElectronicArts\The Sims3Late Night\Game\Bin with the ones from the "Late Night" folder ( step 8 )
-Replaced the TS3W.exe and the TSLHost.dll files in C:\ProgramFiles\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\Game\Bin with the ones from the "All expansion packs released after and including Generations" also in the Ultimate Fix (step 10 )
-Updated ( as says step 11 )
-Made sure any process or application was running 
-Replaced the .exe and .dll files from the #Crack folder to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

And finally when i try to run the game i get the "Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)" sign. 

Some other details:
-I used to have an older version of "The Sims 3 Complete Edition" installed, but i uninstalled it some months ago and previous to install this version i made sure to remove the residual files. So technically the registry should be clean.
-The base game only works when i replace the TS3.exe in C:\ProgramFiles\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\Game\Bin file with the one that comes in the Crack folder in the same torrent. Once i update it with the patch it no longer works, allways with the same error message. 

Help or any suggestions will be appreciated!!

Moderator edit: Topic moved to "The Sims (3) in-game problems".

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Error 0x0175dcbb "Service initialization failed". [SOLVED] Empty Re: Error 0x0175dcbb "Service initialization failed". [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Tue 27 Aug 2013, 01:08

mech wrote:Okay, i'm sorry to make another thread about this but i cannot make the game work and it's driving me crazy. I downloaded the torrents all from g4tw to make sure they're compatible: Base Game, Late Night, Town Life Stuff and Seasons. What i did exactly was this :

-Installed Base Game. Didn't crack it.
-Installed Late Night. Didn't crack it.
-Installed Town Life Stuff. Didn't crack it.
-Updated with the manual patch linked in the "must read" (since the launcher detected that i have an unauthorized copy) to install Seasons
-Installed Seasons. Didn't crack it. 
-Updated again with the patch.
-Replaced the TS3.exe and the TSLHost.dll files in C:\ProgramFiles\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\Game\Bin with the ones from the "Base Game" folder from the Ultimate Fix ( step 3 )
-Replaced the TS3EP03.exe and the TSLHost.dll files in C:\ProgramFiles\ElectronicArts\The Sims3Late Night\Game\Bin with the ones from the "Late Night" folder ( step 8 )
-Replaced the TS3W.exe and the TSLHost.dll files in C:\ProgramFiles\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\Game\Bin with the ones from the "All expansion packs released after and including Generations" also in the Ultimate Fix (step 10 )
-Updated ( as says step 11 )
-Made sure any process or application was running 
-Replaced the .exe and .dll files from the #Crack folder to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

And finally when i try to run the game i get the "Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)" sign. 

Some other details:
-I used to have an older version of "The Sims 3 Complete Edition" installed, but i uninstalled it some months ago and previous to install this version i made sure to remove the residual files. So technically the registry should be clean.
-The base game only works when i replace the TS3.exe in C:\ProgramFiles\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\Game\Bin file with the one that comes in the Crack folder in the same torrent. Once i update it with the patch it no longer works, allways with the same error message. 

Help or any suggestions will be appreciated!!
Hello,

I am not sure if the registry cleaner you mentioned clears all leftover registry entries. And can you please tell us what is the source of download of The Sims 3 Complete Collection? I suspect this edition is altered by uploader(s) and may have been messing up your registry. Before doing that, attempt steps 2-4 again of this again. Make sure you have done the steps correctly. If this doesn't work, watch this video and follow the guide (since you may have uninstalled an expansion/expansions before):

If this doesn't work neither, you may try to attempt a clean reinstallation by following this.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Error 0x0175dcbb "Service initialization failed". [SOLVED] Empty Re: Error 0x0175dcbb "Service initialization failed". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 06:32

It worked !!! I never thought that i wasn't cleaning the registry correctly. Thanks so much for replying and for the help Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 27 Aug 2013, 07:04

mech wrote:It worked !!! I never thought that i wasn't cleaning the registry correctly. Thanks so much for replying and for the help Very Happy
Hello,

Don't hesitate to ask any questions if you have!
Have fun simming The Sims 3 plumbob! Topic closed.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top