Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) error. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) error. [SOLVED] Empty Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 10 Dec 2013, 22:07

Hello, I recently installed The Sims 3 and all of the expansions and stuff packs for it. For some reason I'm getting an error when starting the launcher that prevents it from opening and tells me to see a log for details. Also if I try running TS3W.exe directly as an administrator I get the error in the topic title. I have already given the forum a search and have tried redoing steps 2-4 from the topic here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

I also found a topic linking this error to invalid registry keys (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix). The topic says it happens when you have a registry key for a game that's not installed however all of the registry keys were for games I DID install.

So basically at this point I'm unsure how to proceed. It took like a whole day of monitoring to install The Sims 3 and all expansions and stuff packs, so if possible I'd like to try and find a solution before I attempt a re-download and re-install. Thanks in advance for any help. It's very much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 01:00

Hello Kyle,

I'm not a pro or something, so i just looked it up for you on the forum.
Looks like someone here had the  same problem and solved it !

CLICK HERE

I hope it works !

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 21 Dec 2013, 20:18

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I have tried all of those fixes to no avail. The registry keys match up with the stuff packs I have installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Dec 2013, 04:25

Kylethedarkn wrote:Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I have tried all of those fixes to no avail. The registry keys match up with the stuff packs I have installed.

Hello,

This video is for 64-bit systems though; if you are on a 32-bit system, then the registry location is...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Sims.

If you really tried that already, and it still doesn't work, then try a complete "clean" un-install: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Re-boot the computer after un-installing. Then, follow this guide here for re-installing the games: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck and let us know if it worked for you !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jan 2014, 11:21

Thanks for the tips. A clean reinstall did the trick! Thanks a bunch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jan 2014, 11:23

Glad to hear. Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jan 2014, 11:47

Just having some choppyness lag issues atm, but I made a new topic for that for the sake of organization. Thanks for all the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jan 2014, 12:34

Thank you! Wink 
I will close this topic then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top