Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I keep getting this error! Service initialization failed 0x0175dcbb.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I keep getting this error!  Service initialization failed 0x0175dcbb.  Empty I keep getting this error! Service initialization failed 0x0175dcbb.

Post by Guest Fri 17 May 2013, 14:30

Okay heres what I did...
1. Installed the base game ( I used the Razor one)
2. Updated it using your manual patch. (The base game seemed to be working fine at this point)
3. Installed the Supernatural expansion ( I chose not to install Origin )
4. Copied the crack that came with the expansion into the base game's Bin folder.
5. When I ran the game through the launcher I got the error "error during startup. please see the log for more details" and when I ran it directly using the TS3.exe I got "Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)"
6. Also tried coping the contents of the #crack folder in your Ultimate Fix into the base game's Bin folder but no luck Sad

I keep getting this error!  Service initialization failed 0x0175dcbb.  2830496658 Am I doing something wrong?

Helper edit: Topic moved to "The Sims (3) in-game problems".

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

I keep getting this error!  Service initialization failed 0x0175dcbb.  Empty Re: I keep getting this error! Service initialization failed 0x0175dcbb.

Post by Guest Fri 17 May 2013, 14:33

Crack from the expansion won't work, so this is not surprising.
On the other hand, the crack from the ultimate fix should have... Did you download the last version of the crack?

Back to top Go down

I keep getting this error!  Service initialization failed 0x0175dcbb.  Empty Re: I keep getting this error! Service initialization failed 0x0175dcbb.

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 03:06

Hello, I have the exact same problem as the person here. I'm new here so I'm not 100% sure how things are done here but I though I better bump this topic then make a new one (since it will most likely be exactly the same).
I did everything when installing the sims3 and the expansions and used (as far as I know) all the right cracks (from the ultimate fix). However, I still can't play the game.
I've tried everything twice now (installed everything, uninstalled and deleted everything and installed it all again) and keep getting the same errors when trying to start the game.
Help? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 10:01

What version is your game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 13:54

You mean what update version? 1.50.56.0210
I used the manual update from here.
I bought the basegame a few years ago right when it got released.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 14:09

What expansions do you have?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 14:11

Pets, Supernatural, Seasons and University.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 14:18

All from G4TW? (except base game?)
Please go to the registry (Windows key at the bottom of the keyboard + R key, then type regedit), and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims. Post a screenshot of what is there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 14:24

Here it is:

Spoiler:

For some reason there are other expansions in there as well? I did
indeed try to install these as well but they wouln't install properly
and I thought I had deleted them Wat. (I went to add/remove programs and deleted them there as well)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 14:27

Well here's the culprit! Wink
Delete all folders whose games you uninstalled, that should do it (if it doesn't restart and try again)!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 14:35

Omg it works! Very Happy
Thank you so much, I never would have figured it out myself Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 14:37

Sure, happy to help! Happy simming The Sims 3 plumbob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 14:38

Will do Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 14:52

Problem solved, topic closed!

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 04 Jun 2013, 17:20

Topic re-opened. The original poster never got their problem confirmed as solved.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Jun 2013, 20:48

invalidusername wrote:Topic re-opened. The original poster never got their problem confirmed as solved.

Thanks invalidusername for that Very Happy, I think this is necessary too.

As for that problem, crazycuddle, if you really insist that you correctly applied the "Ultimate fix" (especially the #crack-part), then there is only one explanation left: something went wrong during installation or a previous un-install of the game.

Have a look at this here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Read through that article very carefully! And delete the registry entries manually!

After un-installing, you may re-boot your computer. And then you start over with installing.

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 20:54

Yep, sorry, got carried away! Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top