Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to prevent a Anti-Virus from removing a program?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to prevent a Anti-Virus from removing a program? Empty How to prevent a Anti-Virus from removing a program?

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:02

I recently installed a game and since I've installed it my Anti-Virus (McAfee - its already been paid for so changing anti virus software isn't an option) has continuously removed the game exe because it detects a Trojan (I know for a fact the game is safe).  I've turned off the 'real time scanning' which detects virus's upon launching/downloading it but the game exe is still being removed from my PC and I can't make the anti-virus software 'allow' it through because the software detects it's unsafe and a Trojan (which its not).

Is there anyway I can change a setting perhaps on my PC or in the properties of the folder (maybe changing the system control or something?)  that will stop whatever piece of software is removing the game?  It's really annoying because It will remove the exe in the middle of game play and the game will glitch.  So far I've just kept a copy of the exe on a USB and moved it over every time it's been removed, but it's super annoying! 

Any suggestions?? 

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

How to prevent a Anti-Virus from removing a program? Empty Re: How to prevent a Anti-Virus from removing a program?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:51

Hello,

Is there any option to put the folder you copy the crack to on an exceptions list? Have you tried to get into the vault to restore the file? You could temporarily disable your AV to try some things.
Have a look here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

How to prevent a Anti-Virus from removing a program? Empty Re: How to prevent a Anti-Virus from removing a program?

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 12:13

Yeah there is an exception list for 'potential threats' but McAfee is saying this is a Trojan, so that option isn't available... Yeah I was able to restore the file, but when I turned the real time scanning off the anti virus still removed the file but it stopped showing it in the restore area...

I'm not sure what to do anymore WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Also my McAfee version is 15.6 and those options included in your link have since been removed/combined into a 'manager' Sad the problem still persists.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 28 Aug 2013, 12:19

scarletrose wrote:Yeah there is an exception list for 'potential threats' but McAfee is saying this is a Trojan, so that option isn't available... Yeah I was able to restore the file, but when I turned the real time scanning off the anti virus still removed the file but it stopped showing it in the restore area...

I'm not sure what to do anymore WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Also my McAfee version is 15.6 and those options included in your link have since been removed/combined into a 'manager' Sad the problem still persists.
Hello,

Can you temporarily disable your AV in Options?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 12:50

Um I could turn the AV off altogether but as soon as its turned back on it will remove the exe file, plus the anti virus has control over the fire wall and other components I don't want to turn off..

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 29 Aug 2013, 05:25

scarletrose wrote:Um I could turn the AV off altogether but as soon as its turned back on it will remove the exe file, plus the anti virus has control over the fire wall and other components I don't want to turn off..
Hello,

Does your game require an internet connection during play ? If you have concerns about something happening when you turn off the AV program, you could deactivate your internet connection while playing the game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Aug 2013, 08:25

Yes the game requires internet for logging into your account etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top