Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEST ANTI VIRUS PROGRAM FOR SIMS 4.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BEST ANTI VIRUS PROGRAM FOR SIMS 4. Empty BEST ANTI VIRUS PROGRAM FOR SIMS 4.

Post by Guest Thu 04 Dec 2014, 22:51

Look, BitDefender is pissing me off, okay. It quarantined like 199 files off the Sims 4 torrent but I can't restore it. Now, I'm having a problem running the game. I ran the game once like it's really okay but when I exit the game then I tried to open it again, it's about the rld.dll again, I even copied the file again from YOUR Ultimate Fix but nothing happens. STILL THE SAME. 

So, I think the problem here is my antivirus. Suggest me antivirus that'll make my Sims 4 gameplay flawless. I'm so done with BitDefender. Thank y'all, folks! Please respond ASAP.  Help Help Help Help

Back to top Go down

BEST ANTI VIRUS PROGRAM FOR SIMS 4. Empty Re: BEST ANTI VIRUS PROGRAM FOR SIMS 4.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Dec 2014, 23:12

thatdoggonegirl wrote:Look, BitDefender is pissing me off, okay. It quarantined like 199 files off the Sims 4 torrent but I can't restore it. Now, I'm having a problem running the game. I ran the game once like it's really okay but when I exit the game then I tried to open it again, it's about the rld.dll again, I even copied the file again from YOUR Ultimate Fix but nothing happens. STILL THE SAME. 

So, I think the problem here is my antivirus. Suggest me antivirus that'll make my Sims 4 gameplay flawless. I'm so done with BitDefender. Thank y'all, folks! Please respond ASAP.  Help Help Help Help

Hello again,

I use avast Internet Security, and I'm fine with it. 

It doesn't need that much system power to run like some other anti-virus programs (Norton), it actually ACCEPTS any input from you (that means if you add folders to the exclusions, avast won't touch the folders), and when it comes to real virusses, it's still good enough to handle them.

Look on Piratebay for avast, and if you want, also see my guide here on how to configure the "security"-software so that it won't mess with your game:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-fix-2

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

BEST ANTI VIRUS PROGRAM FOR SIMS 4. Empty Re: BEST ANTI VIRUS PROGRAM FOR SIMS 4.

Post by Guest Fri 05 Dec 2014, 17:35

Carlos wrote:
thatdoggonegirl wrote:Look, BitDefender is pissing me off, okay. It quarantined like 199 files off the Sims 4 torrent but I can't restore it. Now, I'm having a problem running the game. I ran the game once like it's really okay but when I exit the game then I tried to open it again, it's about the rld.dll again, I even copied the file again from YOUR Ultimate Fix but nothing happens. STILL THE SAME. 

Hello again,

I use avast Internet Security, and I'm fine with it. 

It doesn't need that much system power to run like some other anti-virus programs (Norton), it actually ACCEPTS any input from you (that means if you add folders to the exclusions, avast won't touch the folders), and when it comes to real virusses, it's still good enough to handle them.

Look on Piratebay for avast, and if you want, also see my guide here on how to configure the "security"-software so that it won't mess with your game:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-fix-2

Good luck !

Thank you, Carlos. It's just pissing me off that I can only open Sims 4 once I turn off my antivirus.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Dec 2014, 19:57

thatdoggonegirl wrote:
Thank you, Carlos. It's just pissing me off that I can only open Sims 4 once I turn off my antivirus.

You're welcome. Smile  And yes, it's sad that anti-virus issues like that are more and more common. It has to do with the way cracks for these games work. In this case, the crack (from the Ultimate fix) doesn't only "start" the game, but it also needs to "simulate" the program behavior of the Origin-client at the same time.

And behavior like that (= crack files that ALSO "simulate other stuff") is often detected as virus behavior, whether or not it's a real virus.

I'll leave the topic open, so that you may post back here, if you have any folow-up questions. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Dec 2014, 17:34

I personally have found that Panda Cloud Anti-Virus FREE has worked wonders. I can run anything with it on and it accepts user input.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 23 Dec 2014, 22:25

OK, that's an older topic, but what I didn't mention was this:

There is no such thing as "best anti-virus". Your choice will ultimately depend on a lot of things, like your surfing habits, whether you use stuff like online banking, and probably also the software/games you are running on your computer.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top