Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Information - Anti Virus (Defender) Keeps Removing Previously "Allowed" Files

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Information - Anti Virus (Defender) Keeps Removing Previously "Allowed" Files Empty Information - Anti Virus (Defender) Keeps Removing Previously "Allowed" Files

Post by Sim Architect Thu 10 Sep 2015, 07:02

Hi there! Just in case you're wondering, Windows Defender keeps removing the same files, even after we tell it to do otherwise, and that may be the problem some users are facing when their games stop working after a while.

Below you can see, even though I am "ground zero" seeder of a couple torrents, the anti virus keeps removing the dll Sad

Information - Anti Virus (Defender) Keeps Removing Previously "Allowed" Files Yp4MJnA

If that is happening on my machine, imagine our dear users...

The anti virus won't remove the file (so far) if you exclude the folder from real time protection, though. Crazy, right?

I think they are "updating" signatures for the "virus", so the program thinks it found a new virus instead of the previous one, and remove the file again, and again, and again (in my machine, 4 times, it's removing the "new" cracks every 48 hours, without any warning or confirmation, for good, crazy, huh?). Microsoft probably makes more money from Electronic Arts, and the games stop working Smile

I'll keep you posted, but I thought it would be good to share the information (again?) that allowing an item is a very temporary fix and the anti virus is excluding the crack for good, you have to really download it again, since it won't even allow you to "undelete" the file anymore (this is new as of today, before tonight I could recover the file)! Even excluding folders, which is working so far, may stop working in the future, who knows? It is less likely and we can always remove the anti virus, of course!

Now, let's have some tea and rest Smile

I will keep you posted!

Tea 4 Tea 4
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Information - Anti Virus (Defender) Keeps Removing Previously "Allowed" Files Empty Re: Information - Anti Virus (Defender) Keeps Removing Previously "Allowed" Files

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 10 Sep 2015, 20:55

Good to know, please do keep us posted!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Information - Anti Virus (Defender) Keeps Removing Previously "Allowed" Files Empty Re: Information - Anti Virus (Defender) Keeps Removing Previously "Allowed" Files

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 11 Sep 2015, 06:58

If you're using Windows 10, it may be a good idea to use a third-party anti-virus that actually accepts the input that you...put in. Very Happy  I use avast's Internet Security, and that works very well. 

Windows 10's "Defender" will be turned off automatically once you have a third-party program installed. I'm not sure if you can turn it off completely though without a third-party anti-virus. I know it was possible in previous Windows systems. 

Just turning off "real-time protection" alone isn't going to work, because it will - by default (?) - turned on again upon the next re-boot. I can't really make any statements about "not being able to restore quarantined files" or any dubious updates in Windows Defender. Since I have avast, the "Defender" is turned off anyway, and permanently. So far I haven't encountered any problems with TS4.

Also take note of the guide here, which I updated last week already:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

I came on today to add a small portion about the quarantine (in Windows 10's Defender). The average user isn't likely going to read through that, or at least not properly. Although I made the guide a bit more user-friendly compared to the last version (I now put the portions about avast & the new Kaspersky into spoilers). Maybe the information there is useful for you though. Smile

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 11 Sep 2015, 22:40

Carlos wrote:If you're using Windows 10, it may be a good idea to use a third-party anti-virus that actually accepts the input that you...put in. Very Happy  I use avast's Internet Security, and that works very well. 

Windows 10's "Defender" will be turned off automatically once you have a third-party program installed. I'm not sure if you can turn it off completely though without a third-party anti-virus. I know it was possible in previous Windows systems. 

Just turning off "real-time protection" alone isn't going to work, because it will - by default (?) - turned on again upon the next re-boot. I can't really make any statements about "not being able to restore quarantined files" or any dubious updates in Windows Defender. Since I have avast, the "Defender" is turned off anyway, and permanently. So far I haven't encountered any problems with TS4.

Also take note of the guide here, which I updated last week already:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

I came on today to add a small portion about the quarantine (in Windows 10's Defender). The average user isn't likely going to read through that, or at least not properly. Although I made the guide a bit more user-friendly compared to the last version (I now put the portions about avast & the new Kaspersky into spoilers). Maybe the information there is useful for you though. Smile

Thanks for the info, Carlos! I will take a better look at it once this fibromyalgia that's driving me crazy subsides in the next couple of days (hopefully). By know, I am mostly coming up on line to check e-mail and see if there's an important message for me to read (again, notifications feature in the forum seems to be broken, as I did not get a notification of your reply).

I will take a better look at my profile later to see if I changed something I should not. I usually liked Windows Defender, it's sad they are getting out of "our control" now, and if it's the case, the software will have to go.

I will do some research on pirate friendly anti virus to see if I discover anything Wink

Happy evening!

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top