Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem removing the program and couldn't start up due to damaged or missing files

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem removing the program and couldn't start up due to damaged or missing files Empty Problem removing the program and couldn't start up due to damaged or missing files

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jan 2015, 23:44

Hello moderators/members of G4TW,

I have an error again which I had before but I can't remember what I did so I can safely delete it. It said rldorigin.ini could not be updated when removing the program. What do I had to do again to make it work for removal?
I'm not allowed to post links to see a printscreen, but you guys hopefully know what I am talking about. I also had an error that some games files were missing or that there are damaged game files but I think that's the cause of mods. How many mods can the game handle? I only have 500 mods which are like 400MB. I can't start the game up due to that error so that's why I am gonna reinstall it.

Thank you moderators and/or members,

Kai-ShockWave.

Please can somebody help me out? Thanks a lot!

Back to top Go down

Problem removing the program and couldn't start up due to damaged or missing files Empty Re: Problem removing the program and couldn't start up due to damaged or missing files

Post by Admin Fri 16 Jan 2015, 23:52

Hi there,

500 mods?! You shouldn't definitely try playing without those first. (Always do that when you run into an issue, because they are very often the cause)
After that, please apply the latest version of our Ultimate Fix (updated yesterday) to see if that fixes the "Missing files" error: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Problem removing the program and couldn't start up due to damaged or missing files Empty Re: Problem removing the program and couldn't start up due to damaged or missing files

Post by Guest Sat 17 Jan 2015, 00:06

I deleted the mods and updated it and it seems to work. But like a few 100MB shouldn't be a problem right on an SSD? I will check if i have double ones or corrupted mods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 19 Jan 2015, 11:48

Hello again,

Having an SSD isn't a guarantee that it'll work fine. The problem is usually compatibility.
If you have 500+ Mods, there is a very high chance that one or more are corrupted or that they have a compatibility issue with each other, or with the game.

How many Mods your PC can handle is hard to say; it depends on your system configuration (power) too. If you have a very powerful system, you're generally able to handle more Mods. Having lots of Mods will slow down loading times.

You can put the Mods back in groups of like 10-20 and then test the game. If there are no issues with the game, close the game, add another group and then test again. Keep doing this in order to filter out the corrupt ones.

Can we consider this solved now?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top