Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to install Sims 3 Generations. encountered Update Error. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to install Sims 3 Generations. encountered Update Error. [SOLVED] Empty Unable to install Sims 3 Generations. encountered Update Error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2011, 04:33

Hello,

I already followed your instructions in the game fix and how to install. I downloaded everything I need.

So do you mean that I really need to uninstall every expansion and stuff packs I have and install Generations instead after the base game? I am not sure because I think I already followed that steps you mentioned.

Thanks in advance and I hope you will not delete me.

Back to top Go down

Unable to install Sims 3 Generations. encountered Update Error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to install Sims 3 Generations. encountered Update Error. [SOLVED]

Post by Narong30 Thu 30 Jun 2011, 13:18

picanicanick wrote:Hello,

I already followed your instructions in the game fix and how to install. I downloaded everything I need.

So do you mean that I really need to uninstall every expansion and stuff packs I have and install Generations instead after the base game? I am not sure because I think I already followed that steps you mentioned.

Thanks in advance and I hope you will not delete me.

Have you read this : Correct Guide
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

Unable to install Sims 3 Generations. encountered Update Error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to install Sims 3 Generations. encountered Update Error. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Thu 30 Jun 2011, 15:16

Hello,

No, if you've already done a step, just skip it and move on to the next step.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2011, 19:44

Hello,

Thanks for replying. I already read the steps and downloaded the fix.

THe problem is, I am UNABLE to install Generations due to the "Unable to update" error message. I get this whenever I try to install Generations. I am prompted to update first before I could continue with installation.

What's next?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 30 Jun 2011, 19:52

Hello,

In that case I recommend you do as following:

1. Completely uninstall The Sims 3 + All expansions and everything else.
2. Restart your PC.
3. Reinstall everything using this order: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read (So Generations after the base game!)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2011, 20:01

HI Admin,

I did try that already. I can't install Generations after the base game either as I keep being prompted to update but when I try to update, I get the Unable to update error. I carefully followed all your instructions.

One thing I did to be able to install Generations is to download the latest patch for Generations which I got from SIms3 site (TS3_1.22.9.0110xx_update). I was able to install Generations because of the patch however I can't play the game. I get the "unable to validate copy of disc error". I also even used the fix you uploaded from this site. I am 100% sure that I am doing the instructions you have posted. My SKU is set to "1". Maybe you can also update the fix you posted.

THanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 30 Jun 2011, 20:07

picanicanick wrote:HI Admin,

I did try that already. I can't install Generations after the base game either as I keep being prompted to update but when I try to update, I get the Unable to update error. I carefully followed all your instructions.

One thing I did to be able to install Generations is to download the latest patch for Generations which I got from SIms3 site (TS3_1.22.9.0110xx_update). I was able to install Generations because of the patch however I can't play the game. I get the "unable to validate copy of disc error". I also even used the fix you uploaded from this site. I am 100% sure that I am doing the instructions you have posted. My SKU is set to "1". Maybe you can also update the fix you posted.

THanks
Hello,

The thing is, the Fix is up-to-date.
Anyhow, please contact me via the Forum's chatbox, I'll try to fix the problem for you via TeamViewer.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2011, 21:02

Thank you so much! I don't know how I can pay you back. You have been very helpful. I will recommend your site.

//EDIT

For those who might encounter the same issue about NOT being able to install Generations because of the update error, you may download the latest Sims3 Generations patch and install it. After that, download the latest fix latest fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 30 Jun 2011, 21:12

picanicanick wrote:Thank you so much! I don't know how I can pay you back. You have been very helpful. I will recommend your site.

//EDIT

For those who might encounter the same issue about NOT being able to install Generations because of the update error, you may download the latest Sims3 Generations patch and install it. After that, download the latest fix latest fix.
Hello,

You're most welcome. Enjoy playing and please let me know if you have any more problems! For now, topic closed.

Ps. For people who are wondering what I did: I just re-applied the Ultimate Fix correctly and done, problem solved. Smile
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top