Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sims 3 has stopped working. [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sims 3 has stopped working. [SOLVED] Empty sims 3 has stopped working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 11:53

since i installed Pets , i can't play the game at all .." and i'm sure i did every thing right "  ... so when i try to open the game i got "sims 3 has stopped working" .. i downloaded some custom content but i didn't installed it yet , i removed all of the mods .. but still not working Sad

Back to top Go down

sims 3 has stopped working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: sims 3 has stopped working. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 13:35

Manar wrote:since i installed Pets , i can't play the game at all .." and i'm sure i did every thing right "  ... so when i try to open the game i got "sims 3 has stopped working" .. i downloaded some custom content but i didn't installed it yet , i removed all of the mods .. but still not working Sad
Hello,

In order to further understand the root of your problem, please answer the following questions:

(1) Did you apply the manual patch and then apply the #crack of the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin?

(2) Have you tried all these solutions in this thread?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

sims 3 has stopped working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: sims 3 has stopped working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 13:55

i downloaded the Ultimate Fix , and applied the manual patch , can you please give the steps to copy the crack of pets ,(there is crack for many EP and folder called crack) which one i should copy to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 13:57

Manar wrote:i downloaded the Ultimate Fix , and applied the manual patch , can you please give the steps to copy the crack of pets ,(there is crack for many EP and folder called crack) which one i should copy to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin?

Hello,

Can you see a folder in the Ultimate Fix called #crack? That is the correct folder.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 14:29

i did every thing as you told me , and i added all of .EXE FILES to the DEP ..

now when i open the game from the launcher i get :"there was an error during startup. please see the Log for more details"

i tried to open it without the launcher but i got this : " unable to start game service initialization failed.." :\

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 14:31

Manar wrote:i did every thing as you told me , and i added all of .EXE FILES to the DEP ..

now when i open the game from the launcher i get :"there was an error during startup. please see the Log for more details"

i tried to open it without the launcher but i got this : " unable to start game service initialization failed.." :\
Hello,

Did you uninstall any expansions before? If yes, this tutorial may help:

If this doesn't help, please let us know.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 15:13

i didn't uninstall any EP before ..
i check The "regedit" .. every thing is correct

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 15:26

Manar wrote:i didn't uninstall any EP before ..
i check The "regedit" .. every thing is correct
Hello,

A clean reinstallation should help. Please download Your Uninstaller Pro from www.games4theworld.org. Afterwards, install the Uninstaller and then uninstall all The Sims 3 base game and expansions via Super Mode. Afterwards, follow the following instructions:

(1) If you have deleted the torrents, please redownload them from www.games4theworld.org.
(2) Extract them with WinRAR ONLY.
(3) Install the base game.
(4) Apply the manual patch mentioned here.
(5) Download the latest Ultimate Fix mentioned here.
(6) Open the Fix with WinRAR ONLY. Drag and drop the content of the #crack folder of the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 15:56

ok .. i'll try to uninstall it all , and i'll let you know if it worked

about the uninstaller , i'm downloading a file called :Your Uninstaller! Pro v7.0.2010.11 .. is it the right program ?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 15:57

Manar wrote:ok .. i'll try to uninstall it all , and i'll let you know if it worked

about the uninstaller , i'm downloading a file called :Your Uninstaller! Pro v7.0.2010.11 .. is it the right program ?
Hello,

If it is from games4theworld, then you are right.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 31 Aug 2013, 16:01

cat2006house wrote:

I doubt that, in this case, there are differences between G4TW's version of that software, and the ones from other uploaders. Wink

But here is G4TW's version: http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 16:06

Carlos G. wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
I doubt that, in this case, there are differences between G4TW's version of that software, and the ones from other uploaders. Wink

But here is G4TW's version: http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html
Hello,

Carlos, I mean if the download link is from games4theworld official website, then he/she is right. I don't mean the variations of versions between G4TW and other uploaders'.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Sep 2013, 19:23

Hello again

now i uninstalled all of the game exactly as you told me ..
and i reinstalled the base game ,i downloaded the last version , and i copied the (#crack) file ..

* now when i play the game from launcher i get this error :"Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe.exe'. Make sure you typed the namee correctly, and then try again.

and if i tried to open "TSW3" i get this : " sims 3 unable to start game , service initialization failed 0x0175dcbb"  Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Tue 03 Sep 2013, 20:15

Ok lets try this, step by step
1. Uninstall the Sims 3 and any expansions/stuff pack you have installed
2. Defrag the harddrive
3. Restart your PC
4. Reinstall the Sims 3
5. Apply the Manual 1.55 patch
6. Install any expansions and/or stuff packs you have/want
7. Re-apply the Manual 1.55 patch
8. Copy the files from the Ultimate Fix to your C:/programs/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin and select "Copy and Replace" when prompted
9. Launch the game using the TS3W.exe file
10. Enjoy the game

This should fix the problem, but if not please feel free to post again so we can look at other solutions.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Sep 2013, 20:32

okay let me see ..
i did this :
2. Defrag the harddrive
3. Restart your PC
4. Reinstall the Sims 3
8. Copy the files from the Ultimate Fix to your C:/programs/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin and select "Copy and Replace" when prompted

except Number  (2 and 7 ) cause i don't understand it :\  ..

but i did all of steps and i told you i still have the error .. im so sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Tue 03 Sep 2013, 20:54

To defrag your HDD use THIS free program. It works better than Windows built-in defragger

As for #7, if you install any of the expansion packs or stuff packs like Pets or Late Nite stuff, apply the Manual 1.55 patch again just to be sure the game is patched correctly. Then apply the Ultimate Fix.

It would help also if you posted your system specs. Which version of Windows your running, how much RAM you have and your CPU speed.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Sep 2013, 22:02

ok i downloaded the program .. so now should i choose (C) or (D) to Defrag? and would it delete any thing or effect any thing ?
"sorry i don't know much about  this stuff

about my system specs :

--(RAM) : 2.00 GB
--system type : 32-bit
--CPU speed   : 1.83 GHz

another thing ,  i think i might did something wrong with Ultimate fix , cause all i was doing is to copy the crack file .. but in this video(that has posted by this site) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrRrF5ysPa8 , they are doing something else .. and i couldn't get it ... so i was copying the crack file only , did i make something wrong?

Last edited by Manar on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 22:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Tue 03 Sep 2013, 22:58

The RAM and CPU speed are ok for running the Sims 3. Yes just run the program on both drives, it wont hurt anything as is does not remove any files, it just puts them in order so that they load right.

As for the video, it is a bit outdated, you no longer have to copy the cracks over to the expansion install folders, just copy the two files from the current Ultimate Fix to the Base game install folder (default is C:\Programs\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin) and select "Copy and Replace" at the popup.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Sep 2013, 11:15

You have a problem with the main game file: TS3.exe.exe
You should delete a .exe and then try again. The name of the file should be TS3.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 04 Sep 2013, 14:06

Shamrock wrote:You have a problem with the main game file: TS3.exe.exe
You should delete a .exe and then try again. The name of the file should be TS3.exe
Hello,

Let me elaborate what Shamrock said. He means you should rename the file TS3.exe.exe to TS3.exe (erase one .exe). Don't delete the file!
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Sep 2013, 14:59

Oh .. okay thanx , i'll try this

one Question : is turning on the DEP necessary to get the game work well?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 04 Sep 2013, 15:27

Manar wrote:Oh .. okay thanx , i'll try this

one Question : is turning on the DEP necessary to get the game work well?
Hello,

Turning on DEP is not necessary if you don't experience crashes in the game. But it's always a good measure.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Sep 2013, 16:37

Dracos66 wrote:The RAM and CPU speed are ok for running the Sims 3. Yes just run the program on both drives, it wont hurt anything as is does not remove any files, it just puts them in order so that they load right.

As for the video, it is a bit outdated, you no longer have to copy the cracks over to the expansion install folders, just copy the two files from the current Ultimate Fix to the Base game install folder (default is C:\Programs\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin) and select "Copy and Replace" at the popup.
Hello .. im sorry for bothering you with my problem

i'm sure i did every thing as it should be done >:

2. Defrag the harddrive
3. Restart your PC
4. Reinstall the Sims 3

and the error still there  Sad

//EDIT

cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

Let me elaborate what Shamrock said. He means you should rename the file TS3.exe.exe to TS3.exe (erase one .exe). Don't delete the file!
 the file that located in C:/programs/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin calls (Ts3 ) i think there is no problem with that right??

Helper Edit: Please refrain from double-posting. Click the "Edit" button if necessary.

-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 04 Sep 2013, 16:48

Manar wrote:
8. Copy the files from the Ultimate Fix to your C:/programs/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin and select "Copy and Replace" when prompted.
cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

the file that located in C:/programs/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin calls (Ts3 ) i think there is no problem with that right??

Hello,

Which file did you exactly copy from the Ultimate Fix? From which folder?

Yes the file is TS3, but the problem is the file may be in wrong format (right-click the file and choose "Properties" to see what format it is).
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Sep 2013, 17:25

I copied the file (# Crack ) >>

ok , i clicked on properties , the type of the file  is
(Application (.exe))

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top