Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 - How do I install this? [I have a new question!!]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 - How do I install this? [I have a new question!!] Empty Sims 3 - How do I install this? [I have a new question!!]

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 12:29

EDIT: New problem here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t13703-sims-3-how-do-i-install-this-i-have-a-new-question#97687

Yea, I am being annoying here.

What I am wondering about is the install order for The Sims 3. I have searched the forum, but everyone always 'solves' the problem by saying "Go here for the install order: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly"

Yes okay, great, thank you for this guide. However that doesn't have an install order listed. All it tells me is that I have to have AT LEAST one of "Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations" installed to play. (And that as an install order seems bogus since they are listed in backwards order??)

I am new to The Sims 3, but coming from The Sims 2, installing the games out of order in the past could bork your game (Pets and Apartment life had different ways they did things.) and you would have to reinstall everything to fix it. I am trying to avoid that mess.

I guess what my question is, is that I want to know if there really is an install order to The Sims 3? If so, I plan to install ever EP and STUFF pack, so what order should I go about this?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Last edited by applesaucechan on Sat 31 Aug 2013, 14:31; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - How do I install this? [I have a new question!!] Empty Re: Sims 3 - How do I install this? [I have a new question!!]

Post by J.T. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 12:36

applesaucechan wrote:Yea, I am being annoying here.

What I am wondering about is the install order for The Sims 3. I have searched the forum, but everyone always 'solves' the problem by saying "Go here for the install order: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly"

Yes okay, great, thank you for this guide. However that doesn't have an install order listed. All it tells me is that I have to have AT LEAST one of "Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations" installed to play. (And that as an install order seems bogus since they are listed in backwards order??)

I am new to The Sims 3, but coming from The Sims 2, installing the games out of order in the past could bork your game (Pets and Apartment life had different ways they did things.) and you would have to reinstall everything to fix it. I am trying to avoid that mess.

I guess what my question is, is that I want to know if there really is an install order to The Sims 3? If so, I plan to install ever EP and STUFF pack, so what order should I go about this?

Hello,

You don't need to follow any orders. Install the base game first and then install any expansions you want in different orders. Your game will work perfectly fine when you follow the guide you mentioned in your post.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - How do I install this? [I have a new question!!] Empty Re: Sims 3 - How do I install this? [I have a new question!!]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 31 Aug 2013, 12:37

applesaucechan wrote:Yea, I am being annoying here.

Hello,

The installation order of the games is not important; the guide is saying that you only need at least one of these expansions installed on your computer. Wink

The thing with the "correct installation order of The Sims 3 expansions", is just a myth, which is just not true.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 12:41

Okay, thank you! (And thank you for the speedy reply!) You have set my worries at ease.

I will go and install those first I guess, and then fill in the gaps. (And hopefully have no need to ask for help in the future.)

The myth probably just surfaced due to The Sims 2 breaking when you installed older EP's after Pets and APT life. I mean... I was worried because I had issues with that in the past, so, yea.

Thanks again!

//EDIT

I have run into a problem. i am posting here instead of making a new thread. I hope that is okay.

Sims 3 - How do I install this? [I have a new question!!] Screen10

Am I blind? I don't know what to do about this..

I hound this searching: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t5564-sims-3-install-error-please-insert-disk-1-which-contains-the-file-blah-blah-blah-possible-fix

So I looked in the rar, and it isn't there? I deleted everything and re-unzipped it, same problem. I did #2 on: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Still getting this error.

Thank you in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 14:40

Hello,

Please try the following:

(1) Extract The Sims 3: Pets torrent with WinRAR ONLY.
(2) Extract The Sims 3 Pets fix to a blank folder (again with WinRAR only).
(3) Now copy and paste the folders "EA help" and "readme" in the folder to The Sims 3: Pets torrent's "Support" folder. Click "yes" or "replace" when a pop-up shows up asking you to replace the files.
(4) Exit the setup and double-click setup.exe to restart installation of The Sims 3: Pets.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 14:45

Thank you! I got it to work!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 14:46

applesaucechan wrote:Thank you! I got it to work!
Hello,

Glad I can help! Do you need any assistance?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 16:37

I do need assistance. Sad

I can't get the game to run. I finished installing all EP's and stuff packs. I followed all the guides, installed the manual update, installed the ultimate fix, etc.

When I go to run the game I get "service initialization failed (0x024e424f)" error.
Sims 3 - How do I install this? [I have a new question!!] Screen12

Also, when I try to open the Launcher I get this: 
Sims 3 - How do I install this? [I have a new question!!] Screen11

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 16:44

applesaucechan wrote:I do need assistance. Sad

I can't get the game to run. I finished installing all EP's and stuff packs. I followed all the guides, installed the manual update, installed the ultimate fix, etc.

When I go to run the game I get "service initialization failed (0x024e424f)" error.
Sims 3 - How do I install this? [I have a new question!!] Screen12

Also, when I try to open the Launcher I get this: 
Sims 3 - How do I install this? [I have a new question!!] Screen11
Hello,

Can you tell us how you applied the Ultimate Fix? Which folder in the Ultimate Fix did you use?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 16:49

I followed steps 1-14 in the "Installation Guide.pdf" in the ULTIMATE FIX rar word for word up until #11 where I couldn't open the launcher, so I did the manual patch. Everything else was word for word.

Also a bit more info since I have been searching and saw it asked in other threads. I used Daemon Tools Lite to mount the base game. Also, I dragged and dropped to overwrite files. (Opposed to copy/paste.)

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 16:51

applesaucechan wrote:I followed steps 1-14 in the "Installation Guide.pdf" in the ULTIMATE FIX rar word for word up until #11 where I couldn't open the launcher, so I did the manual patch. Everything else was word for word.

Also a bit more info since I have been searching and saw it asked in other threads. I used Daemon Tools Lite to mount the base game. Also, I dragged and dropped to overwrite files. (Opposed to copy/paste.)
Hello,

Which files did you drag and drop to overwrite the files? And did you open the Ultimate Fix with WinRAR? Where did you apply the content of #crack of the Ultimate Fix to (this is the most important question)?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 17:00

01: I opened the 'Base Game' folder in the ULTIMATE FIX folder, which I extracted with Winrar, and then dragged the files to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\TheSims 3\Game\Bin, and overwrote them.

02: I did the same thing for World Adventures, High End Loft Stuff, Ambitions, Fast Lane Stuff, Late Night Stuff, and Outdoor Living Stuff. (Only dragged them to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\[EXPANSION FOLDER]\Game\Bin instead)

03: I then dragged "All expansion packs released after and including Generations" to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\TheSims 3\Game\Bin

04: I then tried to open the launcher and got this error: https://i.servimg.com/u/f73/18/50/23/26/screen11.png

05: I applied the manual patch.

06: I opened the "# CRACK" folder and dragged the contents to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\TheSims 3\Game\Bin

07: I tried to run the game and got this error: https://i.servimg.com/u/f73/18/50/23/26/screen12.png

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 17:04

applesaucechan wrote:01: I opened the 'Base Game' folder in the ULTIMATE FIX folder, which I extracted with Winrar, and then dragged the files to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\TheSims 3\Game\Bin, and overwrote them.

02: I did the same thing for World Adventures, High End Loft Stuff, Ambitions, Fast Lane Stuff, Late Night Stuff, and Outdoor Living Stuff. (Only dragged them to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\[EXPANSION FOLDER]\Game\Bin instead)

03: I then dragged "All expansion packs released after and including Generations" to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\TheSims 3\Game\Bin

04: I then tried to open the launcher and got this error: https://i.servimg.com/u/f73/18/50/23/26/screen11.png

05: I applied the manual patch.

06: I opened the "# CRACK" folder and dragged the contents to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\TheSims 3\Game\Bin

07: I tried to run the game and got this error: https://i.servimg.com/u/f73/18/50/23/26/screen12.png
Hello,

My honest suggestion is that you need to apply steps 2 to 4 of this again. Download a new manual patch and apply this one. And then apply the #crack of the Ultimate Fix.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 17:11

I did that but it didn't work. Sad

EDIT

I am going to delete everything, and use this, and pray don't mess up my Registry... help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3

... I will be back with updates.

EDIT 2

It seems to be working after reinstalling everything. (The launcher works as well!) Thank you for all your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 01 Sep 2013, 04:45

applesaucechan wrote:I did that but it didn't work. Sad

EDIT

I am going to delete everything, and use this, and pray don't mess up my Registry... help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3

... I will be back with updates.

EDIT 2

It seems to be working after reinstalling everything. (The launcher works as well!) Thank you for all your help!
Hello,

Anything else you need help with?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top