Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 3 Mac Fixes. Fixes many issues (including issues with Island Paradise). [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 3 Mac Fixes. Fixes many issues (including issues with Island Paradise). [CLOSED] Empty The sims 3 Mac Fixes. Fixes many issues (including issues with Island Paradise). [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2013, 12:37

The Sims Plumbob 1 MAC FIXES: The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 Expansion pack help/fixes/patches.The Sims Plumbob 1 

If you're reading this you've most likely got a mac and know by now how tricky it actually is to run the sims 3 and its expansion packs without errors. I've ran into just about all of them and after a while of researching i've managed to find a fix for them all. But now that I've installed the newest EP 'Island Paradise' i've ran into even more. Below are the problems I can help with: 

Shocked 1. Custom content not appearing or suddenly not appearing when they used to. 
Facepalm 2. Patch 1.55 error, the sims 3 launcher not allowing you to patch error. Coming up with error messages that start files have been modified or files are missing.
Shocked 3. The sims 3 island paradise installer error message "could not verify the integrity of the installer". 
Facepalm 4. The sims 3 Mac base game/expansion pack error "Exception raised error. Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x100d84ba. Do you wish to debug it?"

Now go to the colour for the fix:

Important: Before you try any of these fixes be sure to give Games4theworlds ultimate fix a go, I have done all of the below plus used their ultimate fix and everything is working. Google "Games4theworld ultimate fix."

1. So you're custom content just disappeared or has never shown up?

In order for custom content to appear you need the folders "downloads" and "mods" in your sims 3 package contents, and you need to place a few files into these folders to enable you to install your custom content. If you have done this in the past and like me and suddenly your downloads weren't showing up then your files were probably corrupted like mine and needed to be replaced. I noticed I did have the correct files but they weren't working so just follow the steps below. 

1. Go to this site to download the files you need. Search in google "simpedia reousrce.cfg"

2. Download the .rar file, extract it with "Stuff it expander" (a program that opens up .rar files) Extract the .rar file, for example on your desktop.

3. Open Finder and go to the package contents of your sims 3 application.

4. Alternatively search the sims 3 in your spotlight finder, once it appears click "show in finder", right click on the sims 3 app, once you right click a drop down menu will appear, select 'package contents'.

5. A folder will appear with a folder called 'contents' now continue through to contents/resources/transgaming/c-drive/program files/electronic arts/the sims 3  (it doesn't matter if you have expansion packs you need to install these files in the base game folders.)

6. Now that you're in the sims 3 folder, create a new folder and call it Mods (With a capital M and the s) create another new folder and call it Downloads (with the capital D and the S.

7. Locate where you downloaded the Resource.cfg (mine was in my mac downloads folder.) Open the folder and place the files in your newly created Mods folder (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods.)

8. Now place all your downloaded content (the files with the green plumbobs into the Downloads folder and place any Mods that you download into the Mods folder. Double click on all the downloaded content to bring it up into the sims 3 loader. Select all items that are now showing in the loader and look for 'install'. Once they are installed they should be showing up in your game, remember to un-click anything that says hide custom content. 

9. Enjoy your downloads! 

The Sims Plumbob 1 2. You've run into the patch error and you're receiving the error message that files have been modified or files are missing?

Search in google: "Official EA download links for the sims 3 *cumalative* Manual update." There you will find a very detailed forum post on what manual patch to download and how to install it. 

The Sims Plumbob 1 3. So you've finally downloaded a sims 3 game and the installer has given you an error on your mac "could not verify the integrity of the installer." No problem, whatever game you're trying to install whether it be the base game or an expansion you just need to create a disk image of the folder you downloaded and run the installer in there.

1. Open Disk Utility on your mac, or search "Disk Utility" in the spotlight finder.

2. Go to File > New > Disk Image from File > Name it under what game it is called for e.g. "The Sims 3 World Adventures." > create. 

3. The program will now create a disk image for the files. Depending on your computer it can take awhile, mine usually takes only five minutes but sometimes longer depending on the size of the files too.

4. Now you're done, double click on the dmg you created. A folder will open up and the installer should be inside along with the other files it needs to install, and then you should be able to install your sims game with no problems. 

4. If you're receiving the error "Exception raised error. Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x100d84ba. Do you wish to debug it?"

Unfortunately there is no quick fix. I ran into this problem after I installed "Island paradise." And when I googled the error the only known solutions dating back to 2009 onwards is to do a clean reinstall. You can do this if my fix doesn't work but what fixed it for me was using the games4theworld ultimate fix (step by step at the beginning of this topic) and then patching with the manual update. And it went away. Smile

I hope this has helped with your mac issues, I have done my best to be precise, note: these fixes worked on a 2012 mac book pro updated to the latest update with all sims 3 expansion packs and base game downloaded from Games4theworld. If you have anything to add please feel free to below, and if you've run into any other problems and have found mac fixes let me know so I can add it to the above. Its better for people to find most fixes in one place then all over the place. 

Last edited by Carlos G. on Wed 04 Sep 2013, 12:48; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : cleaning up)

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 Mac Fixes. Fixes many issues (including issues with Island Paradise). [CLOSED] Empty Re: The sims 3 Mac Fixes. Fixes many issues (including issues with Island Paradise). [CLOSED]

Post by Phoebe Mon 02 Sep 2013, 11:38

Hello,

So... you just took every single tips we've been giving for almost The Sims 3 came up and wrote down with different colors and it means you solved all the problems with The Sims 3- especially with Island Paradise? Smile

Thanks for being thoughtfull and hardwork but problem with Island Paradise or the game itseld isn't about those things, the things you've mentioned are easy things to handle and they aren't about the process of the game working. Updating, installing store contents and creating .dmg's are problems can solve and we keep solving them. If you have something to add how to improve the game performance on Macs or how to avoid non-solvable "Exception Raised" problem or other major bugs that prevent Mac users to play Sims 3, please be my guest and write down something colorful about them and I'll make it sticky.

But still... thanks! Wink
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 Mac Fixes. Fixes many issues (including issues with Island Paradise). [CLOSED] Empty Re: The sims 3 Mac Fixes. Fixes many issues (including issues with Island Paradise). [CLOSED]

Post by J.T. Mon 02 Sep 2013, 13:47

Hello Chrystalbaby21,

If possible, can you provide solutions for those who have followed the instructions of this guide correctly but realized the expansion icons at the bottom of the launcher don't show up? This is a common problem for mac users who played The Sims 3. If you can provide anything useful, please edit your post to add more information on how to solve this issue.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 13:54

Phoebe is it necessary to be uselessly rude? I'm new to this forum, and I've ran into these problems and searched on google for ages for every different issue and all I ever found was hundreds of people not knowing where to look until I found out how. Theres no need to be rude to someone (as you clearly are on all your replies) because I tried to localise all the main fixes people came up with. The fix for creating a dmg actually does help Island Paradise? Considering people who have downloaded island paradise can't get the installer to work without crashing, that has seemed to fix it for many people. Also reinstalling has solved the 'exception raised' error for quite a few people too.

Picking on the fact I used colour to differentiate the sections so people didn't have to waste time reading certain parts seems rather petty. Theres no need to act the way you have because someone was trying to help. Thanks. 

Hey Cat2006house, 

So on the bottom right of the launcher the expansion images aren't showing up? I think I've read someone running into that issue so ill go through my bookmarks, but I personally haven't so i cant prove any of the fixes I find work but ill send them if I do. Quick question is it it just the expansion icons or the base game on the far left too? And does it effect the game, like are the expansions installed and playable or does your mac just think only 'The sims 3' is installed? 
Thanks.

//EDIT

Hey again Cat2006house, 

I've gone through some pages I had saved and a lot of people have run into that error, both mac users who have installed games all the way up to supernatural and pets, and then some users with just ambitions, a lot have done a clean uninstall and it's worked for some and not at all for others. 
They're finding that even if the icon isn't there when they play some of the objects for those expansions show up but they can't create supernatural creatures or pets if they have those expansions. Then some dont have the games showing up at all.

One suggestion was how you install it and this was on games4theworld: 

The installation process would be:
1) Install Base Game
2) Apply the Super Patch
3) Install the expansions packs
4) Re-apply the Super Patch
5) Apply the crack into the Base Game folder.

If you can, could you possibly try that and see if it works? If it does let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Moderator edit: I suggest you calm down again. OK, Phoebe has a "direct" way of saying things to others, but she was certainly not trying to offend you in any way. But it's Phoebe who decides what to put in the "Mac Tips/Fixes" sections.

Also, I would like to ask you not to doube-post; this is considered like spamming. Please use the "edit"-button if you want to add something to your post.

- Carlos

Last edited by Carlos G. on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:15; edited 12 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:11

Hello,

I am very sorry to tell you that this guide is exactly the guide I mentioned in my post. Any other ways to solve this issue (particularly after installing The Sims 3: Island Paradise, the icon for this expansion doesn't show up and the application doesn't recognise that it's already installed onto the pc)?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Mon 02 Sep 2013, 16:22

Chrystalbaby21 wrote:Phoebe is it necessary to be uselessly rude? I'm new to this forum, and I've ran into these problems and searched on google for ages for every different issue and all I ever found was hundreds of people not knowing where to look until I found out how. Theres no need to be rude to someone (as you clearly are on all your replies) because I tried to localise all the main fixes people came up with. The fix for creating a dmg actually does help Island Paradise? Considering people who have downloaded island paradise can't get the installer to work without crashing, that has seemed to fix it for many people. Also reinstalling has solved the 'exception raised' error for quite a few people too.

Picking on the fact I used colour to differentiate the sections so people didn't have to waste time reading certain parts seems rather petty. Theres no need to act the way you have because someone was trying to help. Thanks.
First of all, as you said, you're new to this forum. If we think in a logical way, you should really have done some research though the forum to observe if the things you said "colorfully" already there or not .Did you bother to look for the things you said in the forum? Because if you did, you could see lots of topics and tips and tricks written down both in Mac Fixes section and Mac Problems section. And the exact same things, over and over and over again. 

Being helpful doesn't mean proving you know something, coming to a forum and start threading about things you actually don't know. If your intention was being helpful, you could simply add your post about "I found some information for the helpers to check, if they're useful etc. Happy to help bla.. bla.." or reaching one of the helpers to post about something, or just writing all the precious informations you know to someone who is really in need of, someone who suffers from the problems like "Can not update/can not download CC". But no, you directly come and wrote a post and inform us all about something we all already knew and conquered.

And about being rude, if explaning the things you did in a direct way is being rude, fine, I am rude. Take it as you wish. Still if you really, I mean REALLY want to help, just contact me so I can direct you.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 02 Sep 2013, 19:48

Hello Chrystalbaby21,

While I appreciate the effort, it is true that all these fixes can be found on the forum already.
What I can't appreciate is the resulting discussion. There's no rudeness in this topic and I'd prefer to keep it that way. So this topic is closed.

If you wish to help out with individual problems in the Mac section, please do. Most of us have little experience with Mac, except for Phoebe, and she can use a little help. You seem to have experience with Mac so I would welcome it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top