Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game only starts after computer restrart... [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game only starts after computer restrart... [SOLVED] Empty Game only starts after computer restrart... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 04 Sep 2013, 20:57

Well..exactly that. And, most of the time, it takes more than ONE computer re start for the stubborn game to decide to launch..This started to happen after installing IP.
What could be causing this ? What happens in the computer at startup..that would make the game launch...
When it finally does..I never want to close it..just a pain to get it back ON. Sad
Thank you all.

Back to top Go down

Game only starts after computer restrart... [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game only starts after computer restrart... [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 00:37

RosieGrocki wrote:Well..exactly that. And, most of the time, it takes more than ONE computer re start for the stubborn game to decide to launch..This started to happen after installing IP.
What could be causing this ? What happens in the computer at startup..that would make the game launch...
When it finally does..I never want to close it..just a pain to get it back ON. Sad
Thank you all.
Hello,

Did you receive any error message when the game doesn't start even if you try to launch the game?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Game only starts after computer restrart... [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game only starts after computer restrart... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 07:27

Nop..nothing. It just keep..trying to load I guess ?
As always, screen becomes black..then cursor spins. But nothing happen. Task manager says not responding.
But when it DOES launch, from clicking on the icon to..the big white Maxi Pokéball..it takes 2 minutes, exactly. so..when I see 2 minutes have passed..I know it won't start, so I end it using task manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 07:42

RosieGrocki wrote:Nop..nothing. It just keep..trying to load I guess ?
As always, screen becomes black..then cursor spins. But nothing happen. Task manager says not responding.
But when it DOES launch, from clicking on the icon to..the big white Maxi Pokéball..it takes 2 minutes, exactly. so..when I see 2 minutes have passed..I know it won't start, so I end it using task manager.
Hello,

This phenomenon (black screen with spinnning cursor) is very common. You usually have to wait for a while to let the game load.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 08:11

Oh, yes. I know this. :)It always does. Problem is, it should not take more than 2 minutes to get to the loading screen. If I do not restart my computer before attempting to load my game, it simply never, loads.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 08:13

RosieGrocki wrote:Oh, yes. I know this. :)It always does. Problem is, it should not take more than 2 minutes to get to the loading screen. If I do not restart my computer before attempting to load my game, it simply never, loads.
Hello,

"Never loads"? How long have you waited for the the game to load? Do you have any mods/CC?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 08:20

My daughter wanted to play..she started it around 6pm..when I came home from work, 1 am..it was still..trying to load. Yes, I have Mods and CC. But never had problems launching my game. Everything is up to date, I use NRaas mods. This started to happen right after i installed Island Paradiso, that I got from here. never before. Smile

As i was saying, when it does loads, it takes only 2 minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 08:28

RosieGrocki wrote:My daughter wanted to play..she started it around 6pm..when I came home from work, 1 am..it was still..trying to load. Yes, I have Mods and CC. But never had problems launching my game. Everything is up to date, I use NRaas mods. This started to happen right after i installed Island Paradiso, that I got from here. never before. Smile

As i was saying, when it does loads, it takes only 2 minutes.
Hello,

Apart from NRaas mods, do you have any other CC/Mods? Please rename this folder: C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Try to run the game first and don't apply/install the mods/CC that are in the renamed folder. Run the game first to see if there is any difference.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 08:34

Yeah..me aware of this renaming folder..I do this often. Worth trying..but if it was caused by Mods and CC..then it would have showed before. I'll get back with results. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 16:21

Ahah!!! game started even before the usual 2 minutes. Smile
Ok...the Mods folder is easy to copy to an eventual "new" Electronic Arts folder but..the mass of CC.. ouch. My guess is that with everything installed IN the game now, it might be just too much for my computer..what do you think ? With corrupted CC or weird mods..game would not work properly..aside from loading only after re start. But when it does, it plays very well, no crash nothing.

What would be your advice, cat?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 16:26

RosieGrocki wrote:Ahah!!! game started even before the usual 2 minutes. Smile
Ok...the Mods folder is easy to copy to an eventual "new" Electronic Arts folder but..the mass of CC.. ouch. My guess is that with everything installed IN the game now, it might be just too much for my computer..what do you think ? With corrupted CC or weird mods..game would not work properly..aside from loading only after re start. But when it does, it plays very well, no crash nothing.

What would be your advice, cat?
Hello,

My advice is to stay away from mods/CC apart from Nraas mods and official store items. That way, you can guaruntee that your game won't crash. Always update Nraas mods after patching your game.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 16:30

Smart advice, not easy but..make sense. Very Happy 
Thank you very much again.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 16:34

RosieGrocki wrote:Smart advice, not easy but..make sense. Very Happy 
Thank you very much again.
Hello,

You can always check which mod(s) is/are corrupted by following this:
Game only starts after computer restrart... [SOLVED] 50pflo10

Delphy's Sims 3 Dashboard tool can help you with conflicting mods/CC too: http://www.modthesims.info/d/387006.

J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 16:40

Yes! I know this method, never tried it myself though..never had problems before. I also have Delphy's programs. Smile
 While this is fast with Sims 2..it might take forever with sims 3, because it is more than just dropping .packages in a Downloads folder. launcher does not like too many files to install at once. Wink

Another thing is...many of my downloaded items, I do not have stored anywhere. I only started to keep them safe not too long ago. I would lose alot. But hey..Time for a fresh start, I guess.

Helper Edit: Alright, I am glad the launching problem is solved. Topic closed.

-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top