Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game starts as basegame even though updated

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game starts as basegame even though updated Empty Game starts as basegame even though updated

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 19:42

Hi! I recently added Get Famous to my list of expansions, all cracked from G4TW, but after that it all went downhill. When I start my game, it brings me to the old, 2D loading plumbob, and then starts as basegame, telling me that my saves were made with a newer version of the game, and that I should update (even though i did IAmSoHappyEmergahwd ). What say you?

Back to top Go down

Game starts as basegame even though updated Empty Re: Game starts as basegame even though updated

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 19:49

Did you extract anything other than "The Sims 4 - Get Famous.7z"? Because it sounds like you extracted the "Game" folder from very early version of the game - I don't even know where you got it from.

Get the latest "Game" folder (that is version 1.47.49.1020) from this thread: https://www.games4theworld.club/t29990-

It is also the same linked in Get Famous release announcement: https://www.games4theworld.club/t34390-the-sims-4-get-famous-out-now-version-1-47-49-1020

Back to top Go down

Game starts as basegame even though updated Empty Re: Game starts as basegame even though updated

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 20:04

anadius wrote:Did you extract anything other than "The Sims 4 - Get Famous.7z"? Because it sounds like you extracted the "Game" folder from very early version of the game - I don't even know where you got it from.

Get the latest "Game" folder (that is version 1.47.49.1020) from this thread: https://www.games4theworld.club/t29990-

It is also the same linked in Get Famous release announcement: https://www.games4theworld.club/t34390-the-sims-4-get-famous-out-now-version-1-47-49-1020
I got the latest Game folder, yes. I got it from that zip, actually.
Game starts as basegame even though updated WFro1qaxo5XZAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
I use this one, and it hangs on this screen until it crashes/closes, or it hangs for so long that I need to close it myself since it never loads. It does this for both 32 and 64 bit versions of the .exe
Game starts as basegame even though updated WOPShZTaFsyTwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 20:05

Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and move The Sims 4 folder to desktop. If that doesn't solve the problem, run the validator and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 20:15

anadius wrote:Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and move The Sims 4 folder to desktop. If that doesn't solve the problem, run the validator and post the result here.
I did this as well, and started again with the same result; starting with base game. I'll run the validator and post results once it's done; i've done it before and I remember it took a while for me/my connection.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 20:18

Validator doesn't upload anything. It just calculates hashes of all installation files, browser side. Of course it takes a long time, the game weights 30GB now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2018, 00:08

anadius wrote:Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and move The Sims 4 folder to desktop. If that doesn't solve the problem, run the validator and post the result here.
Ok it took about 4 grueling long hours but I finally got the report. Here's it
report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2018, 10:27

You're missing files from base game. Here's how to fix it:
1. Move your game to C:\Program Files\The Sims 4
2. Install base game again (it will install to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4)
3. Move those files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to C:\Program Files\The Sims 4:
data/client/clientfullbuild0.package
data/client/clientfullbuild1.package
data/client/clientfullbuild2.package
data/client/clientfullbuild3.package
data/client/clientfullbuild4.package
data/client/clientfullbuild5.package
data/client/clientfullbuild6.package
data/client/clientfullbuild7.package
data/client/clientfullbuild8.package

4. Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
5. From C:\Program Files\The Sims 4 delete those files:
game/bin/python33.dll
game/bin/python33_x64.dll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 20 Nov 2018, 15:47

Why are so many people missing these base game files? Is this maybe a new thing (with Windows Defender??), that these items could get purged all of a sudden?

I will see to providing a direct download option here somewhere, for these files, as an additional option for re-installing a TS4 base game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2018, 16:43

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Why are so many people missing these base game files? Is this maybe a new thing (with Windows Defender??), that these items could get purged all of a sudden?

I will see to providing a direct download option here somewhere, for these files, as an additional option for re-installing a TS4 base game.
That'd be great to have a direct download for these files, I'm sure others would love it too. If it helps any, I use Avast Antivirus and I suppose Windows Defender is enabled?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 20 Nov 2018, 16:49

Truxxton wrote:
(...) and I suppose Windows Defender is enabled?

Then a good place to start is here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2018, 16:52

Exactly those files (plus "Data\Simulation\SimulationFullBuild0.package") are in "base-files.bin" from my repack. It weights 6.07GB vs original 7.86GB thanks to good compression. The only downside is that my installer doesn't work on Linux/Mac when using Wine/Wineskin/Crossover, but once I figure out why this may change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2018, 17:20

anadius wrote:You're missing files from base game. Here's how to fix it:
1. Move your game to C:\Program Files\The Sims 4
2. Install base game again (it will install to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4)
3. Move those files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to C:\Program Files\The Sims 4:
data/client/clientfullbuild0.package
data/client/clientfullbuild1.package
data/client/clientfullbuild2.package
data/client/clientfullbuild3.package
data/client/clientfullbuild4.package
data/client/clientfullbuild5.package
data/client/clientfullbuild6.package
data/client/clientfullbuild7.package
data/client/clientfullbuild8.package

4. Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
5. From C:\Program Files\The Sims 4 delete those files:
game/bin/python33.dll
game/bin/python33_x64.dll
Okay, I did this buuuut a bit differently. I didn't want to go through a whole 'nother installation, so I had the all-in-one with get famous, and I just took those files and moved them into data/client/...
Then I deleted those python33 files and booted up the game... voila! Problem solved. Thank you for showing me the issue!   Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top