Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable (University Life). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable (University Life). [SOLVED] Empty The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable (University Life). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 17:15

hey,

i recently torrented an all-expansions pack for my mac, only to find that the expansion files are in the .exe format. after a bit of searching, i found this website and subsequently the "ultimate fix" page and re-downloaded the expansion pack for mac, thinking i might have torrented the wrong one before. 

to my disappointment, they are still in the .exe format! the instructions given in the download are very useful, but i cannot follow them because the files won't open. i tried using some softwares that are supposed to run .exe files on a mac, but that didn't work either.

here are some screenshots.

The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable (University Life). [SOLVED] Wqy3jt
 The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable (University Life). [SOLVED] 14mtaw8

does anybody know what i'm doing wrong? Help

//EDIT

I figured out the part where I'm supposed to download the expansion pack itself separately (d'oh!) and all that jazz about disk utility.
So I successfully have an installer for the University Life EP, however I keep getting this error message saying that my version of sims 3 is not updatable and not compatible with University Life.

The base game I have was torrented off one of the mac guides on G4TW.
I have applied the TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll cracks under the 'Bin'.
It still doesn't work. 

What's wrong?

Back to top Go down

The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable (University Life). [SOLVED] Empty Re: The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable (University Life). [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Sat 07 Sep 2013, 01:41

mbvmbv wrote:I figured out the part where I'm supposed to download the expansion pack itself separately (d'oh!) and all that jazz about disk utility.
So I successfully have an installer for the University Life EP, however I keep getting this error message saying that my version of sims 3 is not updatable and not compatible with University Life.

It still doesn't work. 

What's wrong?
Hello,

Did you update via launcher first?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable (University Life). [SOLVED] Empty Re: The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable (University Life). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 01:48

cat2006house wrote:
mbvmbv wrote:I figured out the part where I'm supposed to download the expansion pack itself separately (d'oh!) and all that jazz about disk utility.

It still doesn't work. 

What's wrong?
Hello,

Hi,

Yes, I updated it from the launcher but it appears as though it did not go through for some reason because right now it says on the bottom left that it is "Version: 1.14.11.000001"
I am now updating it again (drat!), to the version 9010-1.55.4.022001. Is this the correct version?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 07 Sep 2013, 01:50

mbvmbv wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

It still doesn't work. 

What's wrong?
Hello,

Hi,

Yes, I updated it from the launcher but it appears as though it did not go through for some reason because right now it says on the bottom left that it is "Version: 1.14.11.000001"
I am now updating it again (drat!), to the version 9010-1.55.4.022001. Is this the correct version?
Hello,

The latest version is 1.57. Can you refresh the "Update" page in the launcher to see if there is any new update?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 01:58

That was the version I was updating to overnight previously, I recently received an e-mail saying not to update to 1.57, but as I assumed I had no other option, I just went with it.

The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable (University Life). [SOLVED] K32avb

I'm not sure why it's suddenly showing that I can update to an older version 9010-1.55.4.022001 - I'm hoping it will work regardless, but there seems to be an issue with that particular update with some people (I was going to post a link to the thread but I can't attach links)

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 07 Sep 2013, 02:11

mbvmbv wrote:That was the version I was updating to overnight previously, I recently received an e-mail saying not to update to 1.57, but as I assumed I had no other option, I just went with it.

The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable (University Life). [SOLVED] K32avb

I'm not sure why it's suddenly showing that I can update to an older version 9010-1.55.4.022001 - I'm hoping it will work regardless, but there seems to be an issue with that particular update with some people (I was going to post a link to the thread but I can't attach links)
Hello,

You received this email because the Ultimate Fix is not updated, but now the Ultimate Fix is compatible with 1.57, so I suggest you patch your game.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 02:23

okay now this is odd. i just cancelled the update and now no matter how many times i refresh the game updates page, version 1.57 doesn't come up. i'm using a mac by the way

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 07 Sep 2013, 02:28

mbvmbv wrote:okay now this is odd. i just cancelled the update and now no matter how many times i refresh the game updates page, version 1.57 doesn't come up. i'm using a mac by the way
Hello,

Get the latest v.157 manual update here: http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/To-9210-1.57.62.023001.tgz.

J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 18:04

I seem to have everything installed properly, but when I launch Sims 3 (and it automatically opens as University Life, btw), I get this error message when I try to start the game

The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable (University Life). [SOLVED] 2ijrad3

edit:
additional info: my previous Sims 3 base game got ruined after I applied the crack on it (I couldn't get the launcher to even appear, not sure why) so I went to re-download the base game. I got this base game off G4TW, and I just found out that it might not be Mac-compatible? Is this why I'm getting the error message, and is there no way to make this work for a mac? Sad I've reinstalled so many things so many times..No

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sun 08 Sep 2013, 19:54

Hi there!

Please download the base game for mac here:

Censored 

This version does not require any cracks.

Also, make sure you only update the game via the "Updates" tab in the launcher, and never from a pop-up.

For more details, please refer to the latest Mac Install Guide found under "Mac Fixes".

I hope that helps you! Smile

Moderator edit: Hello dieneryn Smile  for the future, if you want to refer to a download on Piratebay, please do NOT post a direct link to TPB. Instead, say something like "look on Piratebay for a download called XXXX...". To the topic creator: what dieneryn wanted to say is: look for a download on Piratebay called "Sims 3 (Mac cracked)". Wink

- Carlos
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 19:55

Hey, I re-torrented the base game for mac and it worked! Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sun 08 Sep 2013, 19:58

Hey that's great to know! Enjoy your game! Smile

Helper Edit: Problem solved, topic closed.

-cat2006house
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top