Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ugh, game dead after patching. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ugh, game dead after patching. [SOLVED] Empty Ugh, game dead after patching. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 18:27

I have the base game and late night via Origin and a few EPs via your own downloads. I play with a good bit of CC. Before the latest patch, my game was running perfectly. I manually installed the latest patch, applied the fix and went in game. I went to change a pattern and got that annoying "materialising materials" error. I understand this usually comes from having a sims3pack pattern that's been converted to a package file. I didn't. Pre-patch, everything was smooth. Post-patch, I'm getting stuck in "materialising materials".

I tried all kinds of hints and tips around these forums and elsewhere and nothing worked. Eventually I deleted everything and reinstalled my games. I did not reinstall any CC. A completely empty, vanilla game.

And I'm still getting stuck at "materialising materials".

This wasn't a CC issue so it must be a patch issue. Everything was fine until the patch.

Any ideas?

//EDIT

My progress, in the order it was done:

Vanilla game: Works fine.
Vanilla game with old "savedsims" file: Works fine.
above plus "mods" folder with sliders: Materialising materials error.
Vanilla game with old "savedsims" file but "mods" folder and sliders removed: Works fine.
Vanilla game with old "savedsims" file and empty "mods" folder: Materialising materials error.

So it looks like the mods folder is the culprit as it's still doing it with no CC inside the folder :\

//EDIT

Deleted the mod folder and redownloaded the framework. It appears to be working now. Vanilla game with empty mods folder no longer give me the error. Putting my sliders in the mods folder no longer give me the error.

Could the new patch have corrupted my mods folder framework?

Helper Edit: Please next time if you want to add something, DON't double-post. It's against the forum rules. Use the "Edit" button if necessary.

-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Ugh, game dead after patching. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Ugh, game dead after patching. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 01:34

Hello,

Did you remove all the mods before dragging and dropping the Mods framework back to the folder? Are you sure there is nothing in Overrrides and Packages? Please check them.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Ugh, game dead after patching. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Ugh, game dead after patching. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 06:11

Yes, everything was deleted. Literally everything. All that was inside the mods folder was an empty overrides folder, an empty packages folder and a resource file.

But I deleted the framework, redownloaded it and now it works perfectly again.

Helper Edit: I think I can close the topic now Wink .

-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top