Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead page. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dead page. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Dead page. [SOLVED]

Post by Sim Architect Sun 31 May 2015, 16:29

True, there's no download link or content there and in a couple of other months yet.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 31 May 2015, 17:12

//MOVED

Hello,

I decided to move the thread to the "TS3 Downlaods Support" section. Smile  That said, there is an official thread already, where you can post these things:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t12688-official-mediafire-alternative-out-now-link-feedback

However, I guess that most pages that are missing have already been reportd in that thread...keep in mind though that there is no ETA yet, as to the completion date of this page. Sorry.

WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 31 May 2015, 21:45

Carlos wrote:

//MOVED

Hello,

I decided to move the thread to the "TS3 Downlaods Support" section. Smile  That said, there is an official thread already, where you can post these things:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t12688-official-mediafire-alternative-out-now-link-feedback

However, I guess that most pages that are missing have already been reportd in that thread...keep in mind though that there is no ETA yet, as to the completion date of this page. Sorry.

WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
Great! Nothing like being a powerful moderator like you to get things done around Smile

I know that I promised to upload some kind of torrent as a temporary solution, sorry for not having done it yet, I need to put all files together and learn how to upload torrents properly.

Kickass site won't allow me to upload torrents, when I asked for authorization they were very harsh and "denied my request". Piratebay was down back then, and I honestly feel very concerned about safety after the relaunch of the site, since it acted up many times and I would get fake stuff whenever I tried downloading from them (it seems to be fixed, but I just "migrated" to kickass for my downloads, and other torrent sites when I can't find what I need there, but that's a good side of their "pickyness").

Only recently I noticed that I don't need to upload a torrent to a site like that, I can upload a tiny .torrent file somewhere (maybe admin can host it), or perhaps I could even create magnet links (is it possible to do it without a torrent site like piratebay?).

I will look into it on the next few days and upload a torrent with all the Store Content I use, plus a couple of essential CCs that I have (very essential, like rabbit hole rugs and ramps that are a type of stairs).

Below is the stuff I have from the store (mostly from Rachel's toolbox, the rest from here and those links you shared with the new stuff individualized, that one you told me to get when I asked you about it last year and which works greatly, by the way) in my installers folder, am I missing something or can I upload it like that as a "final collection"?

Dead page. [SOLVED] Zvjhnbm

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 May 2015, 22:37

Thanks for the info. After posting that I noticed many other "dead" pages, including most of 2014 listings, so assumed some major (to me at least) site issue.

(FWIW, I was seeking a store item i had downloaded from here months ago which disappeared from my game. Just my luck it is apparently on one of those dead pages.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 01 Jun 2015, 05:25

jgf wrote:Thanks for the info.  After posting that I noticed many other "dead" pages, including most of 2014 listings, so assumed some major (to me at least) site issue.

(FWIW, I was seeking a store item i had downloaded from here months ago which disappeared from my game.  Just my luck it is apparently on one of those dead pages.)
Sorry to hear that. Would it be useful to you if I uploaded a torrent with all my stuff like I posted above (you'd have to install entire years of the store, since they are packed into a single file each, as you can read from my list, meaning you can't pick just "what you want" if you need to save space or want a lighter run)?

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:33

Sim Architect wrote:Only recently I noticed that I don't need to upload a torrent to a site like that, I can upload a tiny .torrent file somewhere (maybe admin can host it), or perhaps I could even create magnet links (is it possible to do it without a torrent site like piratebay?).
Hi there,

Yes, it can be hosted if you like. Just send me a PM.
A magnet link is a link with all the tracker names in it. When you load that magnet link into your Bittorrent client, it'll tell the client where it can find the actual .torrent file. It's a bit slower at first, because it first has to find all the pieces of the .torrent file, download those pieces, and then start downloading the actual file. But other than that it's very useful, because you don't need a central server for magnet links to work. You can copy magnet links right from your Bittorrent client. (Right-click on the file, and look for an option called something like "Copy Magnet Link")
Before doing so, make sure that the list of trackers that is assigned to the .torrent file is up-to-date.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 01 Jun 2015, 12:45

Admin wrote:
Sim Architect wrote:Only recently I noticed that I don't need to upload a torrent to a site like that, I can upload a tiny .torrent file somewhere (maybe admin can host it), or perhaps I could even create magnet links (is it possible to do it without a torrent site like piratebay?).
Hi there,

Yes, it can be hosted if you like. Just send me a PM.
A magnet link is a link with all the tracker names in it. When you load that magnet link into your Bittorrent client, it'll tell the client where it can find the actual .torrent file. It's a bit slower at first, because it first has to find all the pieces of the .torrent file, download those pieces, and then start downloading the actual file. But other than that it's very useful, because you don't need a central server for magnet links to work. You can copy magnet links right from your Bittorrent client. (Right-click on the file, and look for an option called something like "Copy Magnet Link")
Before doing so, make sure that the list of trackers that is assigned to the .torrent file is up-to-date.
Thanks! I will do some research, so I learn the basics and upload my first torrent ever. Cool!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jun 2015, 17:00

Sorry to hear that. Would it be useful to you if I uploaded a torrent with all my stuff like I posted above (you'd have to install entire years of the store, since they are packed into a single file each, as you can read from my list, meaning you can't pick just "what you want" if you need to save space or want a lighter run)?

Tea 5 Tea 5
[/quote]

Thank you for the offer. Fortunately a bit more research divuged I actually had the lost files, just not independently. The Tropical Aquarium I had downloaded from here as a single item and the sauna I'd found elsewhere were lost; but both are part of Sunlit Tides, which I had but not yet installed. So installing ST took care of that issue.

The main problem with establishing a torrent is that the initial host (your computer, I assume) needs to be online as much as possible (preferably "24/7") until enough people have downloaded the file that there is a pool of seeds for further downloads. I had an old XP desktop that was too weak for anything else, but with a pair of 500g HDs made an excellent host for seeding (lol, it now does duty as host for mp3 files, replacing two turntables and two tape decks).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Jun 2015, 20:11

jgf wrote:(FWIW, I was seeking a store item i had downloaded from here months ago which disappeared from my game.  Just my luck it is apparently on one of those dead pages.)

Sorry to hear about that, but as I said many times (to other users) before, you can also google for any missing store items too. Before TS4 came out, I used to upload myself many "store requests", and a number of store items can be found in my threads here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f13-buy-mode-objects

And there is this here too:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t16577-sweet-bakery-and-beautiful-garden

But I don't do this nowadays anymore, since I can't get back to all individual requests anymore. If you are still missing any items, then again you can google them. 

@SvenT and @Admin too, see my reply in the other post about this very issue:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18995-store-content-complete-collection#137308
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jun 2015, 22:40

Lol, I spent an afternoon and evening searching. Eventually I discerned which aquarium I sought (Tropical Aquarium), then discovered it was a store item so knew I'd gotten it here. I went through the store library here, month by month, from '09 through '14, and ...well, I reported the results. Then I read somewhere the Tropical Aquarium was included in Sunlit Tides, which I had but had yet to install; so problem solved.

Thanks for the links, my main interest is in having as many build/buy options and venues as feasible (I love any game that lets me build things ...I was addicted to the Morrowind Construction Set).

Unfortunately:
"http://goo.gl/OMJ0wj – this goo.gl shortlink has been disabled. It was found to be violating our Terms of Service. Click here and here for more information about our terms and policies respectively."

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Jun 2015, 23:36

jgf wrote:Unfortunately:
"http://goo.gl/OMJ0wj – this goo.gl shortlink has been disabled. It was found to be violating our Terms of Service. Click here and here for more information about our terms and policies respectively."

Alright, after some looking it seems you are referring to the topic about the bakery and garden. Please try the bit.ly links in the opening post then, if you haven't done so yet.

There were problems a little while ago with goo.gl links, which is the reason we are now mainly using bit.ly links instead. Also, if possible, if you see a non-working link in general please always give the exact thread location where you saw the link. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jun 2015, 15:53

Thanks, and sorry for the extra work.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Jun 2015, 01:28

jgf wrote:Thanks, and sorry for the extra work.

No problem; I just wanted to have this clarified. Smile  As the original problem seems solved, I'll close the thread. Feel free to contact me via PM if you want the thread re-opened.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top