Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 - Can't run the game after patching (1.42 from 1.26)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 - Can't run the game after patching (1.42 from 1.26) Empty Sims 3 - Can't run the game after patching (1.42 from 1.26)

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:48

So I downloaded the game via this torrent ( search in kat.ph Sims 3. this should come first (The Sims 3: Deluxe Edition v.4.1.1. + Store (2011) PC | Lossless Repack )

It's default game version is 1.26. I tried almost all the fix in the site... but whenever it's done updating ( whether via launcher , or manual patch provided by games4theworld ) it says when I open the launcher "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details." and when I open the game ( not the launcher this time ) it says :

"Unable to start game

Service initialization failed (0x024e424f) "

Please guys! help me! I really want to play the updated game! Help !Sad(

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - Can't run the game after patching (1.42 from 1.26) Empty Re: Sims 3 - Can't run the game after patching (1.42 from 1.26)

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 11:00

Hey guys, I tried this fix

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t8929-registry-helper

I can now run the launcher with no problem! but the only problem is that when I checked the Sims 3 Patch its not in 1.42 it says its still on 1.26 Sad(

BUT!

I run the updater (1.42) and it says it has detected that sims 3 is already on patch 1.42 do you want to install the patch anyway? what does this mean? how can I fully check that my sims 3 is updated? please reply Smile)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - Can't run the game after patching (1.42 from 1.26) Empty Re: Sims 3 - Can't run the game after patching (1.42 from 1.26)

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 10 Dec 2012, 11:03

Hello,

Check the base game icon on the launcher, it's in the lower left corner.
Keep in mind that you may be unable to add new packs to this game. It's a modified installer and those seem like a good idea, until you want to patch them or install additional packs.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 11:27

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Check the base game icon on the launcher, it's in the lower left corner.
Keep in mind that you may be unable to add new packs to this game. It's a modified installer and those seem like a good idea, until you want to patch them or install additional packs.

Hey thanks for the reply !

I checked and it says 1.26.89.013002 but the updater says its already on 1.42... any ideas?

And what do you mean by I cant add anymore packs to the game? you mean I cant add seasons, supernatural etc..?? Ermahgerd is there a way? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:11

Hello,

I'm not sure. I guess it depends on how it has been modified. It would seem like the patch won't install either. Though you may want to try to ignore the patch's message that you're already patch 1.42 and try to install it again.

But I don't know, we usually advise people with these type of downloads to uninstall them and download everything separately. It's a bit more work hen you're installing them, but you'll be happier with them in the long run.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 13:45

Hey thanks alot for the time. figured out that this game that I downloaded from another torrent is really not that fixable by others only the uploader for this torrent can help lol Smile will do all what I can to fix this problem and report back if I fix it Smile) il'l be sure to post all the step that I did in fixing the problem for other people's reference Smile) in the meantime the thread can be closed ! Very Happy thanks again Smile

Last edited by kazpike on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 13:48; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 10 Dec 2012, 13:47

Hello,

We'll keep it open for you to share the final result, good luck!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top