Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to Update to Patch 1.57. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to Update to Patch 1.57. [SOLVED] Empty Unable to Update to Patch 1.57. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 04:49

So, I'm a new member at Games4world but I've read a lot of the threads for the in-game problems and I can't seem to understand why my game won't patch properly. I've used the ultimate fix that was updated with the new patch and my computer continues to give me an error. I've also went into regedit to change the SKU number and that hadn't worked either. Maybe I've been downloading the wrong region for the manual patch but I've downloaded all the ones that I thought would apply and they all gave me errors. I even downloaded the superpatch and that ended in error as well.

I'd like to add that I have mods and custom content but they didn't give me this much of a problem before. Also, my sims games were properly downloaded from piratesbay. I'm considering just uninstalling and reinstalling but I really don't want to. I'm all out of ideas at this point. If you could help I'd really appreciate it! Sorry for this long paragraph. If you're confused or this doesn't belong here please delete this. Thank you to whoever can help me Smile
~Floura

Back to top Go down

Unable to Update to Patch 1.57. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to Update to Patch 1.57. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 05:02

Hello,

What exactly is the error message? And don't change the SKU unless you know the problem lies on the registry. This may ruin your game. And the superpatch doesn't require any adjustments on SKU. Just change the SKU values back to normal.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Unable to Update to Patch 1.57. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to Update to Patch 1.57. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 07:04

Hi there,
This is the error that pops up. I just use the ultimate fix again just in case and I downloaded Region one of the manual patch.

"The setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect.

This update requires a different game region in order to be installed"

I also changed the SKU back to 7. I've downloaded other regions but those don't seem to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 12:12

floura-rose wrote:Hi there,
This is the error that pops up. I just use the ultimate fix again just in case and I downloaded Region one of the manual patch.

"The setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect.

This update requires a different game region in order to be installed"

I also changed the SKU back to 7. I've downloaded other regions but those don't seem to work.
Hello,

Please don't change the SKU unless you've got errors related to that! Change it back to what it was before! Now download the manual patch here (by the way, the patch you downloaded is incremental patch, not manual patch): https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v157-fix-manual-patch.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 02:21

Hi, I downloaded the patch and it successfully updated. Thank you so much!!Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:15

Problem solved, topic locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top