Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to download Patch 1.57. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to download Patch 1.57. [SOLVED] Empty Unable to download Patch 1.57. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 18:34

So... I patiently waited for the Ultimate Fix to be updated with the latest patch as usual, and now that I see it's updated I try to download the actual patch for the game and I just get an error message that "Firefox is unable to connect" to the server. I tried this yesterday and got the same message, on both Chrome and Firefox. I've tried looking on different websites and still get the same message. It seems that the actual link is, broken?  It would be nice if someone could maybe put the patch on Mediafire or something? I've downloaded the Ultimate Fix already, now I just need to update my game.

If anyone can help, thanks!

Back to top Go down

Unable to download Patch 1.57. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to download Patch 1.57. [SOLVED]

Post by Layloria Sun 08 Sep 2013, 21:25

I am waiting on a nice person on here uploading it to their mediafire when they can as the link for ea.com and the patch seems to down for me (and you).

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t13811-ultimate-fix-157-not-working
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Unable to download Patch 1.57. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to download Patch 1.57. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 21:19

Hey if you ever get it could you send me the link also? I am STILL unable to patch my game lol. Great job EA!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Sep 2013, 21:35

superbananabro wrote:So... I patiently waited for the Ultimate Fix to be updated with the latest patch as usual, and now that I see it's updated I try to download the actual patch for the game and I just get an error message that "Firefox is unable to connect" to the server. I tried this yesterday and got the same message, on both Chrome and Firefox. I've tried looking on different websites and still get the same message. It seems that the actual link is, broken?  It would be nice if someone could maybe put the patch on Mediafire or something? I've downloaded the Ultimate Fix already, now I just need to update my game.

If anyone can help, thanks!
Layloria wrote:I am waiting on a nice person on here uploading it to their mediafire when they can as the link for ea.com and the patch seems to down for me (and you).

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t13811-ultimate-fix-157-not-working
Hello,

Did you both change anything about your "Hosts file", in C:\Windows\System 32\Drivers\etc\hosts ? Open that file with notepad and look for any entries which include anything connected to EA.

Examples: delete entries such as..

127.0.0.1..............ea.com
127.0.0.1..............akamai.cdn.ea.com

(etc.)

If that is really the case with you, then delete all the EA-related addresses, exit the browser for a while, then try again. That is one possible explanation. You can even try turning off your Anti-Virus software completely - and try again.

Otherwise you might try updating the game with the launcher; please refer to the instruction guide in the "Ultimate fix".

Good luck !

//EDIT

Before you edit the "hosts" file though, you probably have to right-click on it, and in the properties unmark the box "read-only".

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 22:39

Wow I can't believe that worked! Thanks for the help. Hopefully it works for the other guy too lol

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Sep 2013, 22:41

superbananabro wrote:Wow I can't believe that worked! Thanks for the help. Hopefully it works for the other guy too lol

You're welcome. Wink  Anything else I can help you with maybe ?

//EDIT

OK, I think I can close the topic now. @Layloria: if my suggestions didn't help you, feel free to open another topic on this.

Topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top