Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 - How to install second Expansion to existing base game+expansion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 - How to install second Expansion to existing base game+expansion Empty Sims 3 - How to install second Expansion to existing base game+expansion

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 06:39

Actually, I have two questions to ask. Let me break in down for you.

1. I have already downloaded and installed Base Game + Uni Live. In this link, you mentioned that I should download base game and one expansion and must not crack them. I have to apply the ultimate fix to it uncracked. I have done that and my game is already running properly but now, I would like to add another expansion (Seasons). How should I do it? Would it affect my current game?
Can you teach me step by step? Cuz I'm kind of a Noob 

2. Recently, while playing sims 3, the screen would blank off and sometimes even auto shutdown my computer after a blue screen. Can anyone help me with this?
(Sorry if it is inappropriate to post two questions in one thread but I didn't want to spam)

Thank you very much Help

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - How to install second Expansion to existing base game+expansion Empty Re: Sims 3 - How to install second Expansion to existing base game+expansion

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 12:43

Hello,

Actually it's quite the same as you have done before:

(1) Install the expansion you want.
(2) Download the latest manual patch here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v133-fix-manual-patch.
(3) Apply the manual patch.
(4) Download the latest Ultimate Fix here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
(5) Now open the folder "#crack" in the Ultimate Fix.
(6) Drag and drop the content of this folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
(7) You are done and you can start running the game to see if it's working.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - How to install second Expansion to existing base game+expansion Empty Re: Sims 3 - How to install second Expansion to existing base game+expansion

Post by invalidusername Thu 12 Sep 2013, 04:47

And with the blue screen, are you on a laptop? If so, it may be overheating, or a piece of hardware that isn't reacting properly to the game (probably graphics card if so).
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:20

Yes, most probably invalidusername is right on this. I would also bet on a hardware problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 09:41

Yes I am using laptop. Is there anyway to go abiut it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:18

Check if your laptop is too hot when it shuts down, or if the error when you startup again is about overheating.
Otherwise, check your graphic and video cards drivers to make sure they are up to date.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:33

viciousviv wrote:Yes I am using laptop. Is there anyway to go abiut it?
Hello,

Go ahead and download Core Temp and examine if the temperature has reached TJ. Max or critical temperature when playing The Sims 3 (Usually the critical temperature and TJ. Max for a laptop is 80 degrees Celsius and 105 degree Celsius). If you are sure it's not overheating that shuts the computer down, try the following method: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.phpp=1418737

Also have a look at this: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/stoperrors.htm

Remember Windows not updating regularly can also be a cause of automatic shutdown. Remember also go to Control Panel >> System and Security >> System >> Advanced System settings >> Startup and recovery (Settings) and uncheck "Automatically restart". This will temporarily disable automatic shutdown.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Sep 2013, 15:54

Sorry I forgot to mention but rhere is a notificatiin before the game starts saying
" It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of the sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modificatiobs or get updated versions of them. Or you may experience crashes or significant bugs. Do you wish to quit?"

Is this the problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 22 Sep 2013, 16:36

viciousviv wrote:Sorry I forgot to mention but rhere is a notificatiin before the game starts saying
" It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of the sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modificatiobs or get updated versions of them. Or you may experience crashes or significant bugs. Do you wish to quit?"

Is this the problem?
Hello,

Please redownload the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix and reapply them according to my post. Do you have any mods?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 05:59

So, does that mean I have to constantly look out to see if there is new update patch and ultimate fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 23 Sep 2013, 06:02

viciousviv wrote:So, does that mean I have to constantly look out to see if there is new update patch and ultimate fix?
Hello,

Yes, the latest patch is 1.57 and you will need the latest manual patch and the latest Ultimate Fix compatible with 1.57 to make your game work.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top