Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I have to update the base game to install supernatural expansion pack?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do I have to update the base game to install supernatural expansion pack? Empty Do I have to update the base game to install supernatural expansion pack?

Post by Guest Sat 13 Apr 2013, 12:17

I downloaded The Sims™ 3 from Razor1911 Final MAXSPEED and it works just fine.

I've just finish downloading The Sims™ 3 Supernatural expansion pack from this site. I followed the installation guide to open 'Sims3EP07Setup' The installshield came out. Welcome to installshield blablabla..and click next to continue so I clicked next on the installshield wizard. Suddenly there's a pop-up said,

"The Sims™ 3 needs to be updated before this product can be installed.
Setup will now attempt to update The Sims™ 3. Do you wish to continue?"
Yes, No?

Do I have to click yes? I'm afraid that both will not work if I update :/

Thank you.
Sorry for my bad english.

Back to top Go down

Do I have to update the base game to install supernatural expansion pack? Empty Re: Do I have to update the base game to install supernatural expansion pack?

Post by invalidusername Sat 13 Apr 2013, 13:40

You do have to update. However, it's recommended to follow these instructions, just applying the manual patch (step 2) right after installing the base game. Smile

And your English is very nice, more legible than some people who speak it natively, actually. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Do I have to update the base game to install supernatural expansion pack? Empty Re: Do I have to update the base game to install supernatural expansion pack?

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 05:05

invalidusername wrote:You do have to update. However, it's recommended to follow these instructions, just applying the manual patch (step 2) right after installing the base game. Smile

Wait..do you mean I have to follow step 2 only?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 14 Apr 2013, 07:50

No, you do that right after te base game, before installing anything else/
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 07:43

Thank you so much. It works! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 15 Apr 2013, 15:33

You're very welcome! Is there anything else we can help you with right now?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top