Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin bought base game, cant install expansion pack? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin bought base game, cant install expansion pack? [SOLVED] Empty Origin bought base game, cant install expansion pack? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 10 Oct 2014, 12:21

I have the original sims 3 cd which runs through origin and I followed the instruction however it still did not work and asked me to insert a disc for the expansion pack. I tried to then copy your fix over but then origin and the sims 3 wouldnt come on at all. Can you explain how to install it properly so that it will work with origin or which fix it is exactly that I need to copy over? It is update as I have a registered version of the sims. Do i need to install certain expansion packs first? I started with university life but it didnt work?

Back to top Go down

Origin bought base game, cant install expansion pack? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Origin bought base game, cant install expansion pack? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 10 Oct 2014, 15:06

Hello. If you follow the directions in this link carefully, you should be alright:

How to Install the Sims 3 Correctly

But i shall give you a quick break down to go along with it.
1)Install the sims 3 and all the expansions that you want..or atleast one for the time being. ( Doing all at one time just makes it easier)

2) After that, Apply the Manual Patch ..*sometimes not necessary. so dont panic if its done already.

3)When the update is finished, Redownload and apply the Ultimate Fix.

Depending on where your games are located is how you apply the fix to the base game and each expansion:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin )

Ex: ((C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 University Life))

I hope that helps.

Back to top Go down

Origin bought base game, cant install expansion pack? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Origin bought base game, cant install expansion pack? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 10 Oct 2014, 22:08

rw12 wrote:I have the original sims 3 cd which runs through origin and I followed the instruction however it still did not work and asked me to insert a disc for the expansion pack. I tried to then copy your fix over but then origin and the sims 3 wouldnt come on at all. Can you explain how to install it properly so that it will work with origin or which fix it is exactly that I need to copy over? It is update as I have a registered version of the sims. Do i need to install certain expansion packs first? I started with university life but it didnt work?

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

I'd like to add that as your game starts from Origin, you should use the Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin one. And remember that you only need to use the #Crack folder inside the Ultimate Fix, copying and replacing both files inside to the location. The rest of the folders can be ignored. 

Please, keep us updated. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Oct 2014, 23:42

I downloaded and installed university life and my sims 3 game was already the latest version, it shows up when I open the sims 3 player. I copied the 2 files from the fix folder in to my origin base game folder but when I go to play the game it says there is no disc insterted, please insert disc? how do I fix this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Oct 2014, 23:54

rw12 wrote:I downloaded and installed university life and my sims 3 game was already the latest version, it shows up when I open the sims 3 player. I copied the 2 files from the fix folder in to my origin base game folder but when I go to play the game it says there is no disc insterted, please insert disc? how do I fix this?

Well, as the Ultimate Fix is the crack that bypasses the disc authentication, the problem must be there. I suggest that you apply the Manual Patch even if it's updated already, and then re-download the Ultimate Fix before applying it. In other words, do the Steps 2-4 from this guide again:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Make sure to copy the files inside the #Crack folder of the Ultimate Fix, the rest can be ignored. 

Please, keep us updated. Good luck! Very Happy

Last edited by SeoY on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 23:56; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Oct 2014, 23:55

ive done it now Smile if I download more expansion packs from games4theworld will they just work now ive copied the #crack files or will I have to do it every time I get a new one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Oct 2014, 23:59

rw12 wrote:ive done it now Smile if I download more expansion packs from games4theworld will they just work now ive copied the #crack files or will I have to do it every time I get a new one?

You can install all of the EPs that you want and after that, it's recommended that you do the Manual Patch and Ultimate Fix again. Sometimes it's not necessary, but doing it can fix some errors that may appear. 

It's good to hear that it worked! Very Happy
Is there anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Oct 2014, 00:00

no that's it thanks for your help Smile

Helper edit: You're welcome. If you ever encounter any other problems, don't doubt to come back. Problem solved, topic closed.
Good luck! 
-SeoY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top