Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crashing to the desktop

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crashing to the desktop Empty Crashing to the desktop

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 00:32

Hello, I am layolan and i've made an account here explicitly to ask for the help of my Sims 3 superiors. The powers that be, if you will.

Anywho, i've been having this problem since installing my Sims 3 and the Expansion packs and i'm not entirely sure what is causing it. I've applied many fixes that i've found around these forums and i've still yet to see very much improvement. 

I've currently tried these things: 

1) Setting the compatibility mode to Windows XP (SP2)
2) Adding my files to the DEP menu
3) Applying the Ultimate Fix
4) Applying the 4GB fix
5) Deleting the cache

None of these things proved effective in combating my problems. When I open up the Sims 3 Crash Log analyzer it gives me the error: Max Memory Used - Try To Reduce Memory Usage By Lowering Your Settings.

This crash normally appears randomly. I haven't exactly found a precise source for the crash, but I know that I can get about an hour of gameplay in before it freezes/crashes. The second to last time it happened, my Sim was cooking food. The last time, my Sim was driving home from work. This has also happened another time before in the Character Creation menu, but that never happened again (as I rushed through it). This phenomena is extremely confusing to me as i've searched almost every fix and it still hasn't worked. I just really want to avoid re-installing everything again as it takes a LOT of time out of my day.

This shouldn't be a problem as I am currently running EIGHT gigabytes of RAM on my computer and have 300gb of hard disk space remaining. I've already allocated four gigs to Sims 3 and it hasn't done anything. 

This crash normally appears randomly. I haven't exactly found a precise source for the crash, but I know that I can get about an hour of gameplay in before it freezes/crashes. The second to last time it happened, my Sim was cooking food. The last time, my Sim was driving home from work. This has also happened another time before in the Character Creation menu, but that never happened again (as I rushed through it). This phenomena is extremely confusing to me as i've searched almost every fix and it still hasn't worked. I just really want to avoid re-installing everything again as it takes a LOT of time out of my day.

Here are my computer stats:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650Ti
AMD Phenom 9950 Quad-Core Processor
8 gigabytes of RAM

It should also be mentioned that I am running a 64x system as well. 

My current expansions on Sims 3 include:
1) The Base Game (of course)
2) World Adventures
3) Ambitions
4) Generations
5) Town Life Stuff
6) Pets
7) Supernatural
8 ) Seasons
9) 70's 80's 90's stuff 
10) University Life
11) Island Paradise

If you higher-minds would be so nice as to help me on my path to finally freeing my Sims from this oppressive shackle, I would be extremely grateful and indebted to you. I've been craving this game for ages.

EDIT::

I am currently not running ANY mods.

Back to top Go down

Crashing to the desktop Empty Re: Crashing to the desktop

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 01:30

Are all your drivers up to date, especially your video?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 02:42

deblake60 wrote:Are all your drivers up to date, especially your video?
Yeah, they should be. I always keep that stuff up to date to receive performance boosts and whatnot.. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 13 Sep 2013, 13:15

layolan wrote:
Yeah, they should be. I always keep that stuff up to date to receive performance boosts and whatnot.. Crying or Very sad
Hello,

Can you disable in-game store in "Options" when you are running The Sims 3 to reduce crashes?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 21:12

cat2006house wrote:
layolan wrote:
Hello,

Can you disable in-game store in "Options" when you are running The Sims 3 to reduce crashes?
Okay, i'll try this. Do you think that this crash is just a periodical thing that isn't really related to anything except Sims completely incompatible programming?

EDIT: Actually.. this seemed to help immensely. Thanks. Been playing it for the past 3 hours with no crashes Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2013, 05:36

Is your problem fixed now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top