Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crashing to the desktop

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crashing to the desktop Empty Crashing to the desktop

Post by Guest Sat 10 Nov 2012, 03:35

Here's what I've done and where I am to date:

I started off with TS3 base installed via disk. Ambitions, WA and Generation downloaded via Origin.

• Installed all of the other EPs and SPs. Followed all the instructions for updating and applying the fix. Loaded it up and crashed while in CAS.
  • Uninstalled everything. Deleted Sims folder from Documents (the entire folder containing all mods and cc)
  • Uninstalled Origin. Deleted the folder in regedit. Made sure no Sim folders remained in regedit.
  • Downloaded new versions of TS3, Ambitions, WA and Generations.
  • Reinstalled all EPs and SPs. (7 of each plus base game) Applied updates and fix. Noticed when I installed the games I had from Origin originally, I didn't need serial #s.
  • Launched game got error "Unable to connect to Origin". Booted up anyway. Crashed in CAS creating a family.
  • Came back to forums and followed these steps posted here- ALL of them. DEP. DL'd 4gb patch, Adjusted graphic card settings
  • Loaded up game and got "Unable to connect to Origins" error, game started. Switched to windows mode, crashed in CAS when I clicked on Accessories.
Game ran fine before I got greedy and applied all the EPs and SPs. My computer exceeds the minimum req's so I know that's not the issue. At a loss now... Crashing to the desktop 2830496658

Back to top Go down

Crashing to the desktop Empty Re: Crashing to the desktop

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 10 Nov 2012, 10:58

Hello,

Are you getting an error at all during start up?
Any mods/cc?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Nov 2012, 15:18

The only error I get at startup is the "Unable to connect to Origins" message. And no cc.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:02

Hello,

That error is rather insignificant. It doesn't affect gameplay at all.
Are you sure you added all the games' exe's to the DEP? And is there any particular reason you're switching to windowed mode?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:33

Hi. I'm pretty certain I added all the exe's to DEP but I'll check again. As for windowed mode, #6 of the instructions lists that as a step, so I figured I would try it.

With regard to Origin, my only concern is that I uninstalled it from my machine. Why would it still pop up saying I was unable to connect to Origins and why would I be allowed to install games without the serial? Something is communicating with Origins to verify I had games downloaded from there previously. Maybe that is causing a conflict. I just don't know where else to look since I uninstalled it in programs and I deleted it from the registry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top