Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my friend cant save a game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

my friend cant save a game? Empty my friend cant save a game?

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:22

it's not really my problem but my friend on facebook had this problem and posted it on a page. here it is, COPIED

Hey guys, HELP! If you have a solution for my problem please leave a comment ASAP, I badly need it. So, here it goes... I can't save my game on The Sims 3! When I try to save the game, it just keep on saving, I always wait for like 10 minutes but still, it just keep on saving so I have to end the task by force 'cause it just stays there forever, so when I enter the game again, obviously it wasn't save and it's stupid 'cause it's like I have no where to go, I can't save it, I have no goals, every time I play it, it keeps me bringing back to the last time I saved it which when it was still working well and it let me save. Please help me, I've been playing The Sims 3 for a long time now with the same family but this problem is new to me, it just happened a week ago. I don't wanna create another family, I have been playin' with this family for long time now, I have mastered all the skills, achieved the lifetime wish and etc. Please, help me, I love The Sims 3, I don't wanna quit playin' it and I also don't want to start a new family and start all over again. PLEASE HELP!

Back to top Go down

my friend cant save a game? Empty Re: my friend cant save a game?

Post by J.T. Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:46

Hello,

Clearing caches usually help. Clear the following caches/files in C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"
-the content of the folder "CurrentGame.sims3"
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 15 Sep 2013, 11:28

Hello,

Sounds like a variation of error 12. Especially since your friend mentions playing with the same family for a long time ang thus, the save file is becoming too large to process. If you want more background on this, try this post. The mod mentioned there, Porter, can be helpful in this situation. It'll allow your friend to move all residents to a new town at once, keeping all relationships in tact.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 15 Sep 2013, 12:07

Hello,

Apart from Lady Eldi's solutions, you can try this too:

(1) Save your save-file as a new game (so you have a backup in case something goes wrong). Load the TravelDB.package in C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves\_.sims3 using S3PE. Select all the _IMG files within the package and delete them. Save the TravelDB.package.

(2) If this doesn't work, try the following:
1. Save your save-file as a new game (so you have a backup in case something goes wrong).
2. Load the NHD file using S3PE
3. Select all the SNAPfiles within the package and delete them: At the bottom make sure the boxes for Display Names and Tags are checked. Also at the bottom, fill in "SNAP" in the Tag field (without the quotes
4. Press the Set button, you'll see the SNAP field gets copied into the box below it
5. Tick "Filter Active". S3PE now only shows you SNAP resources
6. Highlight any of the resources and press ctrl-A

7. Wait (patiently, depending on your system and the number of SNAPs) until S3PE highlights ALL the SNAPs
8. Press the Delete button on your keyboard
9. Save the NHD file.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top