Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashing randomly.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashing randomly.[SOLVED] Empty Game crashing randomly.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 04:13

Hello,

I've followed steps here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly and managed to get the game running after 3-4 attempts.

The game crashed crazily during gameplay thereafter so I redid the steps above (like 2-3 times), then applied DEP from https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012. The first attempt lasted 20 minutes (yay!) but subsequent start-ups went back to random 5-20 minute gameplay.

I have all expansions except Katy Perry, 70s 80s 90s, diesel & mastersuite. My basegame is official, everything else is from here.
I don't have any mods or custom content (even from store).

My game runs perfectly (1 hour of smooth gameplay) when my sims are at University or on World Adventures. When they head back to their towns, the crashing starts again.

I used to play on my Win7 Dell laptop up to seasons (without Supernatural and Pets) and it was perfect albeit slow. I'm now playing on a Win8 asus laptop which is very fast, but crashes a whole lot.

Help please! I'm not very good with these techy stuff.

//EDIT

Hello, I'd like to update on this issue.

I downloaded and applied ErrorTrap, Overwatch and Register Mods a few days ago. After an initial 3 minutes of lag, my game went from crashing every 5 minutes to 0-1 per gameplay! ::Estatic::

Edit: Even with the mods, my sims always crashes when I make her "negotiate contract" for her Sports Agent work.

I guess my issue is solved! Though I have no idea of the mechanisms behind it.

Back to top Go down

Game crashing randomly.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashing randomly.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2013, 04:11

so the mods solved your issue?

Back to top Go down

Game crashing randomly.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashing randomly.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 26 Mar 2013, 13:20

KarenH wrote:so the mods solved your issue?

They can yes. Those mods correct certain error in the game that can cause it to crash.

My apologies for the late reply, we're all very busy it seems and we're unable to reply as quickly as we'd like to at the moment. Good to hear the issue is solved! Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again, even if we're rather slow to reply at the moment Very Happy
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)