Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Stuff causes game not to start

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Movie Stuff causes game not to start Empty Movie Stuff causes game not to start

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 14:52

Hello there,

Installed Movie Stuff last night, went to play it this morning and now Sims 3 won't load at all. After pressing play in the launcher, it goes to the black screen but never brings up the Maxis or Sims 3 Stuff loading screens. Just stays there 'thinking' forever. I tried a couple of times, even attempting to load with custom content disabled. 

I'm a longtime Sims player and G4TW user, so I know how to install correctly. This is the first time I've had the game just refuse to load after installing a Stuff or Expansion pack. Using latest updates (to 1.57, and have played since that update). 

Anyone else having similar issues?  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Scott

Back to top Go down

Movie Stuff causes game not to start Empty Re: Movie Stuff causes game not to start

Post by J.T. Sun 15 Sep 2013, 15:32

Hello,

Even if you have done the steps again, please redo them:

(1) Apply the manual patch 1.57, which can be found here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v157-fix-manual-patch.

(2) Redownload the latest Ultimate Fix here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems (You need a new fresh copy of the Fix)

(3) Drag and drop the content of the folder #crack to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Which mods/CC do you have?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Movie Stuff causes game not to start Empty Re: Movie Stuff causes game not to start

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 15:57

Thanks for the fast reply. I'm redownloading the Fix now, will just take a while because the site's fairly slow at the moment. But I'll try and see if the crack in there works. I was using the crack that G4TW included with Movie Stuff. Was the Fix crack just updated for Movie Stuff?

As for mods/custom, it's a lot of stuff that I've downloaded from The Sims 3 exchange (houses, sims, etc) and quite a few of the monthly package files.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 15 Sep 2013, 16:02

uzi978 wrote:Thanks for the fast reply. I'm redownloading the Fix now, will just take a while because the site's fairly slow at the moment. But I'll try and see if the crack in there works. I was using the crack that G4TW included with Movie Stuff. Was the Fix crack just updated for Movie Stuff?

As for mods/custom, it's a lot of stuff that I've downloaded from The Sims 3 exchange (houses, sims, etc) and quite a few of the monthly package files.
Hello,

CC downloaded from the Exchange can be a cause why your game won't start. I had one sims3pack downloaded from the Exchange that causes my game to crash. You should rename the folder C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Afterwards, apply the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix correctly. The Ultimate Fix also includes a crack updated to 1.57 (compatible with The Sims 3 Movie Stuff).
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 20:42

Hello again,
I tried everything you said, first starting with re-applying the 1.57 update, then the fix, still didn't work. I then renamed the EA folder in My Documents, and low and behold, it loaded. Only problem is, if I do that, I lose all my created Sims, ongoing games, and all the store objects/monthly updates. So obviously it's a problem with one of the items in the EA folder, just wish I could isolate the exact issue. It worked fine until I installed movie stuff (which I did uninstall to see if it would work -- it didn't -- so I reinstalled it).  But thanks for your help, I'll have to play with it more when I have some time. Been too busy lately.

Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 20 Sep 2013, 07:13

Hello,

To sort out conflicting mods, you can download Delphy's Dashboard from ModTheSims.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 23:48

uzi978 wrote:Hello again,
I tried everything you said, first starting with re-applying the 1.57 update, then the fix, still didn't work. I then renamed the EA folder in My Documents, and low and behold, it loaded. Only problem is, if I do that, I lose all my created Sims, ongoing games, and all the store objects/monthly updates. So obviously it's a problem with one of the items in the EA folder, just wish I could isolate the exact issue. It worked fine until I installed movie stuff (which I did uninstall to see if it would work -- it didn't -- so I reinstalled it).  But thanks for your help, I'll have to play with it more when I have some time. Been too busy lately.

Scott

You can still keep your created Sims and thier progress by copying the save game(s) from the folder you renamed to the newly created folder. Reloading them in the "new" game will remove and replace any CC with default items.

Depending on when the CC you have was created originally (i.e. before or after Oct 20, 2011 : Pre- or Post- Pets) you can also try saving the original game itsef using TSR Rigfix. If any of the CC you have was originally created for the game before pets came out TSR rigfix decodes and replaces the "RIB" hard mesh structer of the items so that the game can load it into the new mesh rendering format.

You can go HERE and read how it works. YOu can also get the program there. You'll need another file, granny2.dll, to make it work. If you have a problem finding it let me know and I'll upload my copy. It has save me a ton of aggrevation using old store content and CC that I've come to love in my game. You can run it on the entire ...My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder to fix any pre-pets items already installed. That alone has brought many a game back to life.
I also use it on anything I download from the exchange, which i rarely do anymore, because EA has no real "structure" for controlling the compatibility of its members uploads, so its "hit and miss" on whether the item will work, or continue working, in the game.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top