Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloaded The Sims 3 Movie Stuff now my game is broken

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloaded The Sims 3 Movie Stuff now my game is broken Empty Downloaded The Sims 3 Movie Stuff now my game is broken

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jun 2014, 07:30

Okay to start off, my Sims game has been updated to 167 for a long time, its up to date, it was fine so I dont understand why i have to follow your steps to reinstall my entire game. If that's the case please tell me what that will do.

I downloaded Movie Stuff from you (I've had The Sims 3 and been collecting expansions for a long time, but I have physical copies of most other stuff) and I followed the instructions. It seemed to be okay, but then it wouldnt start the game, it said i needed the disk. I had it pasted in exactly the right location and i kept putting it there over and over again. Suddenly it allowed me to start the game, but when I got past the Movie Stuff loading screen all i have is a blank main menu with no neighborhoods no save files and no options.

Downloaded The Sims 3 Movie Stuff now my game is broken Sims_i13

Did I accidentally delete something?

I've been looking for a fix, and if its the instructions about using some special patch you have can you tell me what that will do, or if it will get rid of my previous save games (which are in the files on my sims folder in my user account). I'm very confused and frustrated as all my saved sims are very important to me.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Downloaded The Sims 3 Movie Stuff now my game is broken Empty Re: Downloaded The Sims 3 Movie Stuff now my game is broken

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Jul 2014, 16:52

jekyllhyde102 wrote:Okay to start off, my Sims game has been updated to 167 for a long time, its up to date, it was fine so I dont understand why i have to follow your steps to reinstall my entire game. If that's the case please tell me what that will do.

I downloaded Movie Stuff from you (I've had The Sims 3 and been collecting expansions for a long time, but I have physical copies of most other stuff) and I followed the instructions. It seemed to be okay, but then it wouldnt start the game, it said i needed the disk. I had it pasted in exactly the right location and i kept putting it there over and over again. Suddenly it allowed me to start the game, but when I got past the Movie Stuff loading screen all i have is a blank main menu with no neighborhoods no save files and no options.

Downloaded The Sims 3 Movie Stuff now my game is broken Sims_i13

Did I accidentally delete something?

I've been looking for a fix, and if its the instructions about using some special patch you have can you tell me what that will do, or if it will get rid of my previous save games (which are in the files on my sims folder in my user account). I'm very confused and frustrated as all my saved sims are very important to me.

Thank you.

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

Usually, in these cases people have either done something wrong or missed something.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

If you apply the manual patch from step #2, then you only need to apply the two files inside the #crack-folder of the latest (!) Ultimate fix (see step #4). Other than that, there aren't really any other explanations. You may try to disable your anti-virus program completely, before re-applying teh fix, and even adding the Program files folder to the "exceptions" of the software. But that's it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top